Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:10 pm

Re: New Ford GT

I like it, and I also like that its a v6 ( dont hit me just yet... )

the ford GT has always been my most favorite American car, it was a true RACE CAR. Nowadays our regulations and restrictions are getting very high and more and more things are being regulated. Now fuel consumption has always been one of these things since i started watching racing, and a big supercharged V8 is anything but close to a fuel efficient engine. However a V6 turbo is, and if you think Ford did that on accident then id say your wrong. This engine out of the box weighs less, produces more power and is way more efficient. Now think of how that can play a role when they decide to put this into races? They will be able to make up more ground due to less time in the pits, have faster times due to the car weighing less then its counter part and lets face it, it sounds so much better. Even when it was a V8 I wasnt impressed with the sound it made until Hefner decided to twin turbo it.

Yes its a shame its not Merica and V8 powered, but look at it from all the other benifits it has. This was originally a RACE CAR I feel ford is just trying to keep it within regulations and Still try to excite people. Plus now for can officially say they have the best sounding V6 ever produced haha.
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
<<

Jakgoe

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:26 pm

UltimateBMWfan wrote:being a successor to the Ford GT in my head always = not up to par with it's Euro counterparts.

Because the original Ford GT40 totally didn't beat Enzo Ferrari at his own game at Le Mans.
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:53 pm

supraman wrote:...a big supercharged V8 is anything but close to a fuel efficient engine. However a V6 turbo is, and if you think Ford did that on accident then id say your wrong...

I did think Ford have been particularly attentive to their development of turbo in the past few years.
<<

ZoomZoomBoom

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: E30

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:17 am

TT V6's can be rather potent as well. ETS/English Racing have a full interior GT-R running 7.8s @ 182mph in the 1/4 mile, and it's surpassed 2,000whp on the dyno this winter.
E30 325i
OO:::[][]:::OO
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:07 am

While part of me would love the idea of a hopped up coyote being in this, the ecoboost in in a hell of a lot of fords and Lincolns, so to prove to the public that it can stack up to v8's is important. Hell the 4 pot turbo is in the new mustang after all. Ford is loving the smaller turbos and I'm actually finding myself agreeing with them.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

ZoomZoomBoom

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:26 am

nialloftara wrote:While part of me would love the idea of a hopped up coyote being in this, the ecoboost in in a hell of a lot of fords and Lincolns, so to prove to the public that it can stack up to v8's is important. Hell the 4 pot turbo is in the new mustang after all. Ford is loving the smaller turbos and I'm actually finding myself agreeing with them.

I agree. And endurance racing right now has a nice trickle down effect to passenger cars, as well as good brand marketing.
E30 325i
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:53 am

nialloftara wrote:While part of me would love the idea of a hopped up coyote being in this, the ecoboost in in a hell of a lot of fords and Lincolns, so to prove to the public that it can stack up to v8's is important. Hell the 4 pot turbo is in the new mustang after all. Ford is loving the smaller turbos and I'm actually finding myself agreeing with them.

I am really excited that they brought back the 4 cyl turbo into a mustang, this could be bias though because I own one haha.

<<

ZoomZoomBoom

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:28 am

supraman wrote:

I am really excited that they brought back the 4 cyl turbo into a mustang, this could be bias though because I own one haha.

The SVO is a cool car.
E30 325i
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:36 am

ZoomZoomBoom wrote:
supraman wrote:

The SVO is a cool car.

the Svo was neat but I have the father of the Svo, if my car wouldn't have been successful the Svo would have never been a thing :)

<<

ZoomZoomBoom

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:52 pm

supraman wrote:

the Svo was neat but I have the father of the Svo, if my car wouldn't have been successful the Svo would have never been a thing :)

Hah, true.
E30 325i
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:56 pm

Plus I have all sorts of goodies the Svo didnt have ;)

<<

V10I10ilove10cyl

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Well I want a stag but I'm a few years off being able to even get a fiesta...

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:01 am

Sexy but needs a V10:) with twin scroll supercharger just so I can hear that supercharger whine.
Danson Cars LTD promises to make cars that care for the future that we will live in. We promise performance without the guilt of killing the environment.
Coming soon:
The SLE 2.0 Turbo engine promising over 50mpg and Low emissions
The Kestrel Concept
<<

adamd

9-Star Beta Tester
9-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Toyota GT86 Giallo, Citroen 2CV6 Spécial

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:29 am

I'm late to the party as usual...

I think it looks good, but I'd agree with the sentiment about it not being a good Ford GT. Also V8s make the correct noise for this car, not sure how well the Ecoboost is gonna go down. Not that it's a bad engine in itself. And you guys get it in Transits elsewhere in the world? Jesus, we get a 2.2 diesel...
<<

V10I10ilove10cyl

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Well I want a stag but I'm a few years off being able to even get a fiesta...

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:48 am

adamd wrote:I'm late to the party as usual...

I think it looks good, but I'd agree with the sentiment about it not being a good Ford GT. Also V8s make the correct noise for this car, not sure how well the Ecoboost is gonna go down. Not that it's a bad engine in itself. And you guys get it in Transits elsewhere in the world? Jesus, we get a 2.2 diesel...

We do have the sport van which I think is a 3.5l V6 although I'm not sure.
Danson Cars LTD promises to make cars that care for the future that we will live in. We promise performance without the guilt of killing the environment.
Coming soon:
The SLE 2.0 Turbo engine promising over 50mpg and Low emissions
The Kestrel Concept
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:16 am

The eco boost in the new GT is the best sounding V6 I have ever heard, and that includes the Jaguar F-Type S.

PreviousNext

Return to Interesting Cars You Have Seen