pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 pm

A friendly reminder from the mods

Hello everybody.

Seeing many useless posts and suggestions we would like to remind you that we have something called the search function. Use it please.
Also consider reading the following threads before even thinking about opening a suggestion thread.

Suggestion Guidelines - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Game at Launch, What is in? What is Out? - Updated 4/11/2013
Automation FAQ

We dont want the same threads all over again and everywhere. Some suggestions answer themselves after reading these 3 threads.
And please... NO DIESEL OR WANKEL POSTS. Both come later.

No spamming/trolling new threads! Only post if you have something to contribute to the topic.
If you see a thread that needs to be closed use the report button

If you open a thread that could've been answered with the search function or one of the three threads above, the mods will close it without any notice. We also ban if you do it repeatedly.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

xABSOLUTIONx

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: BMW E36 323i Coupe

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:14 pm

Re: A friendly reminder from the mods

Pyrlix Edit: This... is awesome.

Absolution edit: thanks, didn't have anything other to add, and the thing summed up my excitement about the news :lol:
Last edited by xABSOLUTIONx on Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Drummerdude48

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Daihatsu Charade 1.0L TD, Nissan Primera 1.6L

Post Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:53 pm

Thank you! :)
Daihatsu - Innovation for Tomorrow

Name of Car Company: Foley Motor Company
Website or Forum thread: None
Established: October 1946
Company ID: 1946048
<<

Camshaft91

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:24 pm

Do you have to be so rude and direct? This isn't the first time I noticed this either. Considering your a moderator on the site it's kind of appalling.

I'm not trying to start anything here, but just a suggestion, just consider your choice of words when posting ok mate?

Saying someone posts and suggestions are "useless" ain't going to gain you a lot of respect.

Just my 2 cents
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 1.4

Post Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:15 pm

I can understand him. We have been here for a long long time and the same questions are asked and answered at least two times a week. It can be really annoying. And another "Please would you be so kind and use the search function in the future" will not help (probably like this thread because the people who should read this won't read it anyway).
<<

Camshaft91

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Der Bayer wrote: We have been here for a long long time and the same questions are asked and answered at least two times a week. It can be really annoying. And another "Please would you be so kind and use the search function in the future" will not help

Well there's your answer... as you said (which I've bolded) We have been here for a long long time

Yea you have but maybe these people are new to forums and made 1 mistake, maybe they joined after the first message, which may have been posted ages ago. Hey do what you guys want but just because you have been here ages doesn't mean everyone has.
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 1.4

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:58 pm

Of course it does not mean everyone knows which questions have been asked over and over again. But that's exactly what the search function is there for. Posts like "Hey, I have an awesome idea: Add diesels and SUVs" are just annoying. The devs are thinking about the game all day long and I think they could come up with the same idea. A simple search for "diesel" or "SUV" would have done it. Reading the FAQs first would also help a lot. And that's basically how many of the suggestions wouldn't have to be posted again and again. I don't know why the other users or the mods should use the search function and paste the link into a reply if the user himself could use it.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:49 pm

On the contrary, I don't think Pyrlix was rude in his post at all, direct yes. What is rude on the other hand is when (so many) people ask questions which have been answered clearly on several occasions and these answers are easily accessible, that makes it plain ignorant. How would you treat ignorant people? In the best case you would try to ignore them, I guess, because educating them (new ones) clearly doesn't work, as that would require reading before posting. Ignoring them on the other hand is not an option, as it is the job of the mods to not ignore what is posted on the forums.

As you can see, it's a dilemma. Maybe we should just ignore them instead and accept a messy forum? I have no good answer myself.
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:40 am

he wasnt rude at all. Funny enough, I suggested to do this two months ago, and it was wiped away with a "We can not do that, people don't like it if we do." On the other hand, it proves they have a lot of patience with all the people! I just knew this was coming, haha!
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

bullko

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1970 Ford XY Fairmont (project car)
1998 Ford AU Falcon (Daily)

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:02 am

New comers are probably just very excited about the game, and think "Yes, I want to ask this, this and that" then are confronted with an embarrassing fact that to most it is just plain annoying, and therefore are disheartened from involving themselves in the community. Also, the new comers don't realize who everyone is, obviously. To them it's just a whirlpool of names and signatures with... Car companies? How bizarre! But, you should cut them a tiny bit of slack. Not too much though, otherwise you won't run a forum per se, just a page with writing.

And I agree that Pyrlix wasn't rude.
Founder of Vinter Auto Company
Established on November 22nd, 1932

Company Headquarters: Melbourne, Australia

Company slogan: "Vinter. True Automotive Engineering"

Car Company Number: #1932127
<<

Junny

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Nissan 180sx Type-X
Toyota Starlet Life

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:09 pm

I don't see a point in sugar coating the issue, if you can figure out how to make an account and post you know how to search. How far do you expect these same people to get in a Tycoon game with features as complex as the current engine creator?

The game developers and moderators have by far one of the best connections with the community I have seen in a while and have been great with keeping everyone in the know.
<<

Kubastach

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Fiat 126p... with double supercharger

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:55 am

For me this forum should auto-search, almost nobody sees search option in top corner right corner.
Manager, engineer and designer of: Falcon MotorSports
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:04 am

How would you expect a forum to, auto-search? Been webdesigning for quite some time now, but I never heard of that. If people are smart enough to sign up and login, they should be able to use a search function. People use google, so why not the search function?
<<

Kubastach

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Fiat 126p... with double supercharger

Post Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:26 am

WizzyThaMan wrote:How would you expect a forum to, auto-search? Been webdesigning for quite some time now, but I never heard of that. If people are smart enough to sign up and login, they should be able to use a search function. People use google, so why not the search function?

well it's quite popular in frum's like this, it's chek is there any threads with similar names and show them, clear enough?
Manager, engineer and designer of: Falcon MotorSports
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:59 am

Totally not functional. Just use the search option instead.
Next

Return to Suggestions