Roll To Dodge... Redux

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Roll To Dodge... Redux

Kicking the tree back into place, I snorted with satisfaction seeing that the tree was back in place, possibly the only one left in the area! lol geez the carnage, who was the dick who went on a deforestation rampage? I'll give them a piece of my mind, once I've finished over here...

The wolf had slowed down considerably, but seemed very determined to hang onto the arm. I guess it was really hungry. On the plus side, with my regenerative boost, the hand would be all good in a few minutes. As for the guy whose arm got stolen...

"Sorry, guy, I guess we're going to have to stop while we're ah- oh, wow, you look like shit."

cpufreak looked like total shit alright, not only was he missing an arm, but he had also been sconed by a rather hefty branch, leaving him pretty much at death's door. On one hand, he seemed to have been cursed by the gods of this realm and hanging around him might be a bad idea. On the other, I can't just leave somebody to die. Without a first aid kit, I would have to rely on other means to save him... we must start with the dan tian...

ACTION: Attempt to activate my qi powers to boost cpufreak's HP.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:22 pm

*to [SkylineFTW97's Character]* "Sure, sure... Torchic, Follow and protect, okay?"

ACTION: Follow [SkylineFTW97's Character] for as long as I can.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:56 pm

What is going on here? Houses exploding, trees falling...are we in hell? Is this Wrestlemania 32? I don't even know. At least Torchic rules, so that's good. Now I still need some Pokeballs.

Action: Check on Torchic and keep looking for my house or Pokeballs
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:59 pm

"That... That could have gone better."

After a quick check of the new laser pistol I'd found, I discovered three modes, Daze, Blind, and Hurt. Might be useful if I find the man with a brain slower than dial-up who caused this tree storm... There's still that wolf that's nearly killed that other guy with the funny hairdo, but I can't trust my aim. Given the weird nature of this world, I suspect this may be one of those 'slower-than-light' sci-fi blasters more than a proper laser gun, so I'll need to make things count. If I set it to 'Daze', I'm less likely to kill anything, but it might allow survival if I miss. On the flip-side of that circuit, if I miss and stun the almost-dead man, he'll be easy prey, which is the opposite of my intentions. Not wise to get trigger-happy just yet, especially as someone's blindly firing into the same direction without the same regard to the damage bullets can do. And it's the same guy who caused the forest fall... Might need to get his attention at some point to warn him of the whole "great power brings great responsibility" thing.

Granted, now that I have a weapon, I should consider either getting out of here on foot, or searching for a car. Anything would be nice, although perhaps getting away from here would be for the best. Let's head west, keep the sun in my favor as long as possible. I'd rather not have to find out if I've got night-vision capabilities the hard way.

Action: Search for a car by travelling West, away from much of the chaos.
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:50 pm

'brownies' sprinkled cookies and a poison knife, is somebody trying to tell me something or just trying to kill me?

Now where is my bag for my cookies? Well shit, it's torn. At least it still have a little bit of cookie crumbles left, and my first aid kit is mostly intact. Might try helping that guy with only an arm left, once that madman stop shooting randomly at that area.

ACTION :try to strategically approach cpufreak and try to attack the wolf in close combat with my knife
Last edited by koolkei on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Jesus christ... generated guest? park?
Where are we. That is super weird...! And i need my bicycle soon, i hope Siemens-01 has done it by now. But where is he? I still need to issue him to build some form of communication system. And then i have to cycle the fuck out of here

And DAMN i am hungry. That smell of tasty currywurst here is teasing me.

Action: Walk over to the parks takeaway and get a Currywurst.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:07 am

I must save this innocent person!

ACTION: Feed cpufreak101 maple syrup to regain HP.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

conan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:31 am

I saw a guy's head exploded in front of Pyrlix. But I was too distracted by the joy of getting ticket for free rides. But then again I came to my senses that they're pretty useless for my plight so...

Action: Sell the ticket to some guy. Make deal.
uranium tungsten oxygen octo-thulium
<<

EnryGT5

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '01 Ford Focus 1.8 TDdi
'10 Citroen C3 1.6 HDi

Post Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:35 am

Uuuggghhh... *coughing*
Did the.. Trailblazer... explode?
Am..am i still.. alive? Everything hurts....
ARGH! There's some debris stuck inside me, it hurts like hell!
It's bleeding badly and i think it might get infected soon, so, as that other guy is busy, i'll try to do something myself.
(What am i doing? I'm no doctor!)

ACTION: Somehow try to heal my wounds
CEO of Seishido Motors.
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8343

Suddenly, a temporary logo appears.
<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:18 am

Oh boi oh boi oh boi I have no idea what I am doing.

Action: Find someone competent to heal the wounds so I can get mahself a sandwich.
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

findRED19

Cars: 1986 Mustang

Post Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:23 am

This looks cool. I'll join in as my alt. ego, Oliver Red.

Thump, CRASH!
I wake up, alive, with no idea what just happened, where I am or what's going on. I feel lightheaded and dizzy as I sit up, training kicking in. I instinctively check for my weapon.

ACTION: Check for my weapon.
American Eagle Automotive (AEA) - ID 1948072
Redhawk Performance Group (RPG) - ID 1955073
The performance division of AEA. (same thread as AEA)
<<

CadillacDave

Cars: 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4

Post Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:13 am

I'm joining as me (Dave) just a normal average person who happens to be very nice and has some good zombie survival knowledge (you never know)

I find myself aimlessly driving around this dense forest in my Hummer H3T, I notice my fuel is running low and I have used my last Jerry can, I see a group of people and some utter mad shit happening so I go and investigate

Action: Shut of 4x4 and walk over to group of people
<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:21 am

titleguy1: Gets out of the Ka
You roll a: 3

Shit, the door got stuck. You lose 2 HP thanks to the allergy...
Wait.
You got it open after some time. You get out ot the car. You could've done it earlier, you would not lose them health points, though.

---

cpufreak101: One final attack
You roll a: 5

You know, back in the 80's, there was a game studio, called Square. They weren't too successful though, and were on the verge of bankrupcy. Replace bankrupcy with death, and that's you. They decided to end their existence with a bang. That's still you. Their Final game would be what they always wanted to do, their Fantasy so to speak.

The game had a different idea for the company, and instead was successful, spawned a long running series, Square later merged with Enix. Your attack's the same. You found some newfound strength, hope, determination, and actually managed to heal 9 HP, along with the attack. Don't screw this up, especially since the horse guy healt another 14 HP.

You also hit the wolf, and another guy finishes the job.

Now for the bad news. A maple syrup bottle is falling towards you.

Roll to dodge maple syrup: 4

You get out of the way, fortunately.
---

AirJordan: Shoots the wolf

You shoot the corpse of the wolf succesfully. The bullet then bounces off the koolkei's blade and goes somewhere.

---

rcracer11: Talks with the Nazis.

They stop firing. One of them comes out, examines you, and...bursts out in excitement.
"Oh my god! It's the chosen one!"
Wut.
He kneels before you.
"Please, almighty, forgive us! We...could not recognise Your Divinity."
OK, It only raises more questions, but...it's very intriguing.

---

Leonardo9613: Ford Ka rescue operation
You roll a: 2

The tree. It is heavy. You'll have to do something to get this easier. Oh, this guy who finds your car sickening just got out. Maybe he can help you.

---

nerd: Tows the Trailblazer.
You roll a: 1

You know, this thing exploded and was on fire a moment ago. Things that exploded and were on fire a moment ago tend to still be hot. You burn your hand, losing 5 HP.

---

SkylineFTW97: Travels with urge to fix something
You roll a: 4

You stumble upon a guy trying to move a tree off a Brazilian Ford Ka and failing.

---

Spitfire599: Listens For his car.

I'll stop you at the third line. You are not relieved to find the keys. You are horrified to find a grenade you've just pulled the pin off accidently.

Roll to dodge the explosion: 1

Ok, that sucks. Normally, a grenade would be unsurvivable, so let's say you did not throw it far enough, resulting in you getting thrown back and bashing your head on a rock very badly. You lose 14 HP.

---

strop: Channels his qi to heal cpufreak.
You roll a: 6

Yes, you're doing it. You slowly drain some reserve life force out of yourself. Maybe you even won't go overboard this time.

Roll to dodge going overboard: 3
It's an improvement. Last time you tried that, you almost died. This time, you only lost 5 HP.

--

Vri404: Follows SkylineFTW

You follow the guy. Your legs kinda hurt after that. -1 to travel rolls in the next turn.

---

JasonPoland: Looks for house or Pokeballs

You do find a pokeball in the dirt. An ordinary one. Empty.

---

Madrias: Goes west looking for a car.

You go west, and find...a lake. With a rather unimpressive beach. No cars in sight.

---

koolkei: Attacks the wolf

You kill the wolf.

Your knife starts glowing. While you examine it, the blade suddenly grows.

Roll to dodge the blade growth: 2

You get stabbed in the chin. -10 HP. If that cheers you up, you've expended the poison on the wolf, and what now is a shortsword gains power from killing foes. (Whenever you deal a killing blow to a living being, there's a 1 in 6 chance of a random upgrade being added to the weapon.)

A bullet ricochets off your weapon.

---

Roland: Walk over to the parks takeaway and get a Currywurst.

Your sense of smell deceives you. No Currywursts in sight. You're just being homesick. You need anything related to home close to you. Something German, or perhaps your Italian companion. Any action unrelated to that goal are at -1, until you fulfill it.

S01 arrives and gives you the bicycle you wanted.

---

Speedemon: Maple syrups cpufreak

Fuck. The bottle slips out of your hands. That is bad. This is the waste of maple syrup, ffs. How will you ever forgive yourself for this?

---

conan: Sells the ticket

Noice.
"Holy fuck. I'll be here all day. Now, I'll disappear from here after I leave this place anyway, so... Here, have my car" The guy gives you some Alfa Romeo keys. "She's right there." You see a red Alfa 159, with "951RR" plates.

---

EnryGT5: Heals his wounds

Huh. It worked. It worked very well. It worked so well in fact, that you can use this knowledge onto others. +10 HP, you're no longer bleeding, +1 to healing rolls made on other people.

---

Awildgermanappears: Looks for a sandwich

Great, you left the wound healing to someone else, and ventured out to find a sandwich. And you find one. It is however guarded, by a big, bald guy holding a minigun.

---

findRED19: Checks for weapon.

Great. Instead of a pistol, you find a high-caliber rifle, in red. You examine it, and accidentally press a button. It starts unfolding into something else.

Roll to dodge the new weapon: 3

Huh. It's also a scythe. the blade does hurt you in the process, but it's just a scratch, -5 HP. And, you've got a sick weapon. It even matches your name.

---

CadillacDave: Investigates shit.

You get out of car, and see a bullet ricocheting off a knife, straight at you.

Roll to dodge a bullet: 4

Oh. You did not have to do that. The bullet went in a completely different direction.

---

NPC actions:

Siemens-01: Brings a bicycle to Roland
You roll a: 4

You find your master at an amusement park, and give the bike to him.

---

The wolf: Runs away from scary people.

Oops. Before you can act, your prey decides to attack. How hard can it be to dodge that?

Roll to dodge cpufreak's attack: 3

Harder than you thought. -2 HP.

Then some guy attacks you with a knife.

Roll to dodge a knife: 1

You're dead.

---

Torchic: Distract Bird-Man from his legs hurting

You did not succeed, unfortunately.

---

Mitsubishi Galant: Drives off

You drive away, right into the direction of the bullet ricocheting off koolkei's blade.

Roll to dodge a bullet: 1

...I'm about to make a tiresome pun. Actually, I've made it already.

The bullet hit your front left tire. -1 to handling rolls.

...get it? Tiresome pun?

---

Info about Player Characters, Nonplayer Characters, Locations.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 (wait for update)
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:31 am

"i-im alive, YES! THANK YOU ROLL TO DODGE GODS. now to what i wa... (i notice burnt wrech of the trailblazer) welp, guess these are now useless"

ACTION: throw the trailblazer keys
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:50 am

"I'll admit, it's not much to look at, but the air is nice and cool here. No cars, sadly, but a decent view. Peaceful, too, for the most part." Luke said to himself, his cooling vents open to the fullest, allowing maximum heat exchange from his liquid cooling radiators, drawing in the cool air and exhausting warmer air. "Core temperatures are much better now, and things seem to be balancing out." he said, removing his old, shredded jacket and storing it in one of his empty compartments for safekeeping. "I suppose, maybe, that trying to find transportation isn't exactly my best plan. Hasn't been doing me many favors, just having me wander aimlessly around." After closing his vents, Luke looked around one last time at the disappointing little beach and lake, getting inspired. "I think a bit of exploration should be done here. I do have a laser pistol for self defense, and maybe I'll find some interesting upgrades for it, or maybe for me."

Action: Search the beach and lake for interesting objects.
PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic