FAQ  •  Login

A few odds and ends...

<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:20 am

A few odds and ends...

Bricklin SV-1

Willys MB

Brooks Steamer (I doubt we'll get steam engines and fabric bodies in the game any time soon) and a very early... something

Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

thecarlover

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:22 am

Re: A few odds and ends...

Saw a couple of rare and very VERY expensive rides yesterday...

Also checked out a few pre-production models (and a RHD Jaguar not sold here yet)

<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:36 am

Nice pictures! Finding a Bricklin anywhere I think is even more difficult than seeing a random Veyron, which is saying something!

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

thecarlover

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:05 pm

Thanks! Only other Bricklin I've seen was in a movie filmed in the Maritimes, where it's from. Deloreans are a rare sight on roads, but yeah, Bricklins are basically impossible to find, even moreso since they were only sold in the US. The rarest sights for me are European cars, either old or recent imports by diplomats. I've had the misfortune of seeing a Skoda Roomster on the streets, but seeing a Renault Megane convertible kinda makes up for it. There's a Citroen CX I've seen a few times and I just love that car.

<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:46 pm

Yeah it's funny how there is such a difference on different markets. Those Renaults and Skodas are very common here in Finland and there were quite a few CXstoo until they vanished after ~2000.
As for some American marques, many of them haven't even had an official importer for many years. I guess that's just how it goes, we will have different cars on different markets.
BTW it's difficult to see true exotics around here - the car tax is sky high so almost nobody will buy stuff that's more high end than a Corvette or 911. So for us it's like once or twice
a year you even get to see a Ferrari :)

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

thecarlover

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:06 am

Ottawa's mostly government people, so not many exotics. I see plenty of older Ferraris and the odd Lamborghini Gallardo, but Bentleys, Rolls Royces, Aston Martins, and other very high end cars are very rare. Rarest I've seen on the street here is either a Ford GT or a Porsche Carrera GT.

<<

KA24DE

Cars: 2000 Nissan Altima

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:53 am

A Bricklin... I've never seen one of those in person. I've seen a few Deloreans though... was even offered to sit in one, but I said thank you and declined.

The "very early something" is amusing... to think tires used to be white. Makes sense; after all rubber is white.

I have to credit Pagani for their carbon fiber works... it is absolutely flawless. The Huayra itself though, I've always found grotesque, and those side-view mirrors are ugly enough to warrent vandalism, lol.

Huh, so Honda has a replacement for the Ridgeline... didn't know. I'd like to think it'll have something better than the false pretense of an AWD system found on their CRV. (For those that don't know; the CRV isn't able to send more than about 10% power to the rear wheels. What that means is that on a 25 degree slope; if the front wheels are placed on rollers, and you floor it... you'll still just roll down the hill... or so a video I watched demonstrated.)

I see the bane of the "Corporate Image" has returned. That is a complete copy-paste of the Chysler 200's face onto their minivan, and the same for the Jaguar. I wonder what that hole in the middle of the mini-van is... a camera? Range-finder? It reminds me of the old hand-start ports, lol.

I thought that Lincoln was a Volvo at first o.O

The first Hyundai Genesis was a beautiful car... this one just looks generic. Grill and headlights are very Ford-esque. Haven't seen turbine wheels for a while, and I've never been a fan, but these look pretty good.

Thanks for the show
<<

thecarlover

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:00 am

All I know about the Ridgeline is that it's mostly based on the Pilot (front ends are almost identical).

For the Pacifica, that's the top of the line model with tv screens on the headrests and everything, so I can only assume the hole is for the adaptive cruise control equipment. And yeah, the 200 front end is their new corporate look. The Jaguar wears the corporate look better than the Pacifica.

Genesis is now Hyundai's luxury brand, and that's the G90 flagship.

As for the old cars, I got access to the vehicle warehouse of a museum, and it's got dozens of antique cars like those.

Half restored Dodge Brothers car

1906 Peugeot

Not sure about the K5 Blazer, since it seems to have a kind of extended cab. I haven't been able to find any kind of info on it.

Classic Chevy and Chrysler (and lots of bikes and more antique cars on the shelves in back)

1939 Buick that was custom built for the royal tour of that year

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:40 am

I always wanted a K5 Blazer or some K10 from that era, seeing one in a museum already is definitely making me feel like it's getting closer to "not gonna happen"
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

thecarlover

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:20 am

cpufreak101 wrote:I always wanted a K5 Blazer or some K10 from that era, seeing one in a museum already is definitely making me feel like it's getting closer to "not gonna happen"

But that one is not a regular one, looks to have an extended door of some kind which is very weird. I didn't get close enough to fully inspect it, but it's safe to say the average K5 Blazer is not a museum piece quite yet.

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:23 am

thecarlover wrote:
cpufreak101 wrote:I always wanted a K5 Blazer or some K10 from that era, seeing one in a museum already is definitely making me feel like it's getting closer to "not gonna happen"

But that one is not a regular one, looks to have an extended door of some kind which is very weird. I didn't get close enough to fully inspect it, but it's safe to say the average K5 Blazer is not a museum piece quite yet.

idk, i seen a normal one with just about every panel on the right side having been replaced along with rust in several places, it was at auction, today was it's first day up and it's already nearing $2000 and increasing, for a beat up old SUV, i wouldn't expect one in such a condition to get more than $1500
EDIT: i took a look around, it appears to be either a K5 with an extended cab from a K10 or a K10 made into a SUV
<<

thecarlover

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:34 am

Only thing is, it's the door itself that seems about 8-10 inches longer, with that small window placed behind the regular window. The back window seems to be shortened compared to the regular K5 Blazer. No idea if someone made it that way for some reason or if it's a weird factory model.

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:42 am

thecarlover wrote:Only thing is, it's the door itself that seems about 8-10 inches longer, with that small window placed behind the regular window. The back window seems to be shortened compared to the regular K5 Blazer. No idea if someone made it that way for some reason or if it's a weird factory model.

well another idea i had is somebody just did some custom bodywork an it and they know someone high up in the museum who let them store it there, could be possible from the fact it still has road plates on it
<<

thecarlover

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 am

A lot of the cars have varying plates, though with the letters on that one it was plated fairly recently. It hasn't been in any exhibition as there's no information on it on the museum website. A fact I learned is that only 2% of the museum's collection is on display at any given time, with a lot of what's in storage on rotation with different exhibits and a lot of the cars they own never being exhibited. Either way, it's a model I'd like to know more about :P

A modified truck worth posting is one someone went full ricer on...

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:30 pm

i know that's a classic truck, but oh god, can somebody put a fire starter log soaked in oil on his manifold?

Return to Interesting Cars You Have Seen