FAQ  •  Login

Steam Open Beta B160308+ Bugs & Feedback

<<

CadillacDave

Cars: 1993 Vauxhall Cavalier Turbo 4x4

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:01 am

Re: Steam Open Beta B160308+ Bugs & Feedback

Killrob wrote:
CadillacDave wrote:I get this lua error when editing an existing car in the factories and production tabs, it worked when I did it on one car but then after that I got this lua error on all of my existing cars (cars created before the open beta)

In these cases what would be super helpful would be to get your Documents\My Games\Automation folder zipped up and sent to us, caswal@camshaftsoftware.com pointing out for which car that happens. Thanks! :)

I have sent the Automation file to you, if it actually sends
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 am

Bugs:
-The engineer select LUA error (mentioned by various users).
-The 10s hatchback body, with longitudinal v6, and awd: the v6s engines doesn't fit with awd (and, you can make a 0.8 v6, and doesn't fit, but a 2,5l inline 6 yes, the same for the V8s, that it fits). This error stills since the v6s release, I posted this error a few weeks ago, but it seems that isn't solved.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

nerd

Cars: None as of now and at least 3 years from now.

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:35 am

Notes on the mod thing: It's more a hit-or-miss.
Most newer mods seem to work fine, however older ones will not.

Also, confirm the engineer LUA error bug, only happens with engines though.
Rado Automotive Incrorporated (my automation car company): 1946998
Rado Automotive Incorporated car showroom
<<

randomone

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None! :D

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:37 am

Two bugs:

(1) Bug where one trim is set to no production in factory tab when in engineering it is set to full. Attempting to set to full by clicking gear in factory tab gets this error:
---------------------------
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\CCarEngineeringWindow.lua..."]:547: attempt to index a nil value

Fixed by setting trim to limited in engineering, loading factory tab, then going back and setting back to full trim.

(2) Bug when messing with production type with no trim selected. Get this error:
Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--SANDBOX_DATA\CEngineeringCalculator_Car.lua..."]:75: attempt to index a nil value
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:48 am

I came across this .lua error while trying to choose an a team leader for engines. The team leader I chose then appears after I select an engineer for another category.

And this one when removing any member of the engine engineering team.

And not sure if this will be changed with the UE port, but special characters (like the ç and ë) are missing in engineer names. I had noticed before that they didn't work when naming cars.

So I just got a fatal error trying to launch the game...

I've noticed that unnamed models/engines don't have any value filled in (instead of Car Model 1, Engine Family 1, etc), so I removed all the unnamed models/trims/engines/variants but the error persists.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:20 pm

vmo wrote:-The 10s hatchback body, with longitudinal v6, and awd: the v6s engines doesn't fit with awd (and, you can make a 0.8 v6, and doesn't fit, but a 2,5l inline 6 yes, the same for the V8s, that it fits). This error stills since the v6s release, I posted this error a few weeks ago, but it seems that isn't solved.

I think that is because that bug has low priority, there are other things more important to fix, like those engineers bugs and the bodies with pink boxes.

I want to congrat the devs for the job on this update. Now the game runs more smoothly in my computer, I think that have to do with the new saving process. The new bodies are cool as well, same as the new spaceframe chassis :D The new engineering stuff is amazing as well (and it will be pretty cool with all the bugs solved) al thought is a little bit too complex it adds a new dimension to the game.
Oh yeah, and the v12 turbos are cool... I guess... who would want to ruin a beatiful NA V12 adding turbos anyway? :lol:

iN the meantime, If you want to use a car body but it is all pink, you should edit the lua file of that body and make sure the materials (ECS_BODY) are enclosed by ""
Something like this
  Code:
Materials = {
         "ECS_BODY", --rear body
         "ECS_BODY", --front body
         "ECS_BODY", --middle body
         "ECS_SEAM", --rear seam
         "ECS_PLASTIC", --plastic parts
         "ECS_GLASS", --windows
         "ECS_SEAM", --front seams
         "ECS_SEAM", --middle seams
         "ECS_TRANSPARENT", --lips
         "ECS_BODY", --rear mirrors
         "ECS_CHROME", --mirrors
         "ECS_CARGO", --cargo box in the rear
         "ECS_CARGO_REAR", --cargo box at the front
         "ECS_BOTTOM_BOX", --bottom box
         "ECS_TOP_BOX", --top box
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:06 pm

what changed in the saving process?

i do notice it seems like it runs MUCH MUCH more swiftly and smoother (although the calculation time seems not to have changed much for me)
feels like it's been much more optimized
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:16 pm

It is a completely new approach, the game builds a database with all cars in it so that it no longer has to load in individual files. That was saving has changed too, saving directly to the database. Overall that improves performance a lot and makes it "campaign proof"... that is where one week of the three weeks delay came from hehe.
<<

Killrob

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:05 pm

We just released a new open beta version with plenty of fixes! :) Updated the OP.
<<

Trifler

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:31 pm

Just got this error after downloading the patch, opening the game, opening an existing car, and cloning the engine. The error appeared when I clicked on the engine tab, but before I made any changes to the engine. This happens every time with one of my car families (any variant within that family), but it isn't happening with one of my other car families. I exported one of the cars in the affected family and I will e-mail to you.

Lua Error:
tolua++ dbcall failed!: [string "--client\functional\engineWizard_delegates.lu..."]:2878: attempt to index field 'EngineCalculatorToolTip' (a nil value)

You can CTRL+C on this to report it.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:12 pm

First impressions:

Loads as fast as it did 18 months ago now!! First time starting, less than 1 minute. First restart afterwards, less than 15 seconds. (on desktop only so far) Before update....sometimes more than 2 minutes on any starts (sometimes longer than others). I think my laptop might actually like this game again now. :D

Ran into lots of errors when navigating engineer and factory tabs. Without tool tips I can't even tell you what I was doing, clicking, or looking at, so unable to say how to reproduce anything. I was just clicking shit to see what it does, so it might have just been me doing things all wrong. I'll have to rewatch the LDU on this section so I actually understand the tabs and options before I try to explain anything. :oops:

Modded body thing which has already been mentioned a few times. I don't use them a whole lot, but all of the ones I have saved, have issues. Also, glad to see second "trim" tab gone. Much appreciated!

Spaceframe DOES look freaking awesome! But, on the chassis tab, when you have a chassis type selected, it doesn't show you any information about the other types when you hover over them. Didn't they do this before like with the rest of the tabs?
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 pm

sooo now it doesnt launch at all. beta or non-beta.
no error message/no lua error, just shows a windows error

Update:
seems either restarting steam/ or my computer made it go away.

although it did show the lua error everyone else was getting at first try, the second try was okay.
Last edited by koolkei on Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ohm1996

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2010 Honda Accord, 2011 Isuzu D-Max, 2011 Mercedes-Benz E250 CGI and 2013 Isuzu MU-X (actually, my mother drive these)

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:25 pm

90sHatch5 wagon variant shows rear morphs (upper rear window, lower rear window, rear and rear bumper) but they aren't morphable
10SwoopySedan (2.61 m/102.7" version) coupe variant had weird front window (both lower and upper window section) morphs, while other variants (3-door hatchback, 4-door sedan and 5-door hatchback) had normal front window morphs.
<<

8bs

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:58 pm

It runs much faster with this new Build! Great job!!!

Too bad the pink body issue....

Question (maybe not important for now): we now have a perspective of the time development of a certain model, right? What happens if we want to sell a brand new 2016 model/engine, in 2016? Should we start designing it in 2014 to be available in 2016? (just an example) Should we update the year of our current models in the sandbox, taking in account the development time?
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Open any engine (in the engine tab from sandbox mode), and click any factory button: the engine crashes, and it dissapears the existing engine, and only remains a inline 4 without pistons and conrods. Only with valves. And you can't recover anymore this engine.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
PreviousNext

Return to General Chat