FAQ  •  Login

The Light Utility Challenge *DEAD*

<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 am

Re: The Light Utility Challenge *Accepting*

Mine was a bit of a squeeze to get in the requirements for this challenge, but it'll surprise everyone.
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:34 am

Re: The Light Utility Challenge

Sillyducky wrote:
HighOctaneLove wrote:Presenting the 1982 Bogliq Courier!!! :D

Cheap, cheerful and reliable - buy a Bogliq today!!! 8-)

Completely off topic you have a '99 A4? Cool, my dad just got rid of his he bought brand new. I really like those for some odd reason, guess I am not entirely normal but who is on this forum? :lol:

Yeah, I currently own a 1999 Audi A4 Avante Quattro with the 132Kw 1.8 turbo (manual gearbox of course, :lol: ). But it won't be mine soon as I've swapped it for an '88 AW11 Toyota MR-2! :D
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

Sillyducky

Cars: An Actros in a game and that's it.

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:08 pm

Yeah, I currently own a 1999 Audi A4 Avante Quattro with the 132Kw 1.8 turbo (manual gearbox of course, :lol: ). But it won't be mine soon as I've swapped it for an '88 AW11 Toyota MR-2! :D

Downgrading? Okay, guess you could do it but why?
<<

Madrias

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:32 pm

A leaked memo has somehow found it into the hands of the general public, from Storm Automotive's cheap cars division, Arctic Motors. It appears to be between two people on the marketing team, concerning the truck they plan to sell. A picture of the prototype has also been included.

"Are you sure that the engineers read the request properly? The Brute is a nice truck, but, well, it's a little... big. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Big trucks sell. We've known this for years. You can't make a truck 'too big' to sell."

"Have you seen the roads in Archana? This... thing... it'll take up a whole lane!"

"Anything smaller will be eaten by a pothole. It's the right size. We won't tell the engineers to change it. It's too late to do that now."

Car -42.png
Car -42.png (1.09 MiB) Viewed 4010 times

(Note: The truck is actually the truck I put in. This is just background fill regarding my amusing, mostly-just-for-fun entry. The idea is that someone forgot to tell the engineers that they were supposed to build a small truck. They were told to build a truck to fit the challenge without being told to keep it small.)
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:09 pm

Dangit now that makes me wish I had turned on the Monte Carlo ute. Lol.
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

Madrias

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:14 pm

I don't expect it will do well, but I had fun building it.
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:32 pm

Sillyducky wrote:

:lol: I don't see it as a downgrade! The Audi is the very definition of *meh* and is so boring to drive. Don't get me wrong, it's classy to look at, comfy inside and can be very quick when hustled but it's too easy...

The MR-2 is a bucket list car of mine, has the legendary 4A-GE installed from factory, requires driver skill to extract the best from it and is very involving on a sensory level. 8-)
<<

Sillyducky

Post Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:20 am

HighOctaneLove wrote:
Sillyducky wrote:

:lol: I don't see it as a downgrade! The Audi is the very definition of *meh* and is so boring to drive. Don't get me wrong, it's classy to look at, comfy inside and can be very quick when hustled but it's too easy...

The MR-2 is a bucket list car of mine, has the legendary 4A-GE installed from factory, requires driver skill to extract the best from it and is very involving on a sensory level. 8-)

I find it okay to drive but the S4 is the fun one. Well guess its not a downgrade then! Have fun with it! :)
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Sillyducky wrote:I find it okay to drive but the S4 is the fun one. Well guess its not a downgrade then! Have fun with it! :)

Well, this is awkward... I just found out the MR-2 has rust all around the windscreen so the swap isn't going to happen :cry:

*sigh* Time to re-list the Audi and hopefully I'll be able to sell it soon :oops:

If I had my way I'd own the RS4 as I love that car's understated aggression and bulk power, :lol: , but I'd most likely buy an R32 GT-R if I was spending money like that! 8-)
<<

Sillyducky

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:39 pm

HighOctaneLove wrote:
Sillyducky wrote:I find it okay to drive but the S4 is the fun one. Well guess its not a downgrade then! Have fun with it! :)

Well, this is awkward... I just found out the MR-2 has rust all around the windscreen so the swap isn't going to happen :cry:

*sigh* Time to re-list the Audi and hopefully I'll be able to sell it soon :oops:

If I had my way I'd own the RS4 as I love that car's understated aggression and bulk power, :lol: , but I'd most likely buy an R32 GT-R if I was spending money like that! 8-)

Guess that just was not your lucky day was it. Hope it works out for you eventually!
<<

Puffster

Cars: No car atm, but a kawasaki z650, 1981

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:17 am

HighOctaneLove wrote:

AS the lucky previous owner of 2 AW11's, I urge you to fulfill that dream, such a brilliant car to drive and the response on that engine is amazing. It is probably the best winter car I've ever had.
ABR (ambitious but rubbish) Designs, freshly founded car company in 5th floor apartment, looking for more suitable workshop
Will be updated soon... ish... perhaps... hopefully
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions