FAQ  •  Login

Automation GT Series [IDEA]

<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:25 pm

Re: Automation GT Series [IDEA]

Everybody except BRC is running calculations in excell or similar. I do not see a problem in that.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:29 pm

In that case I would suggest waiting several months, as you say, because BROBOT is too a work in progress. And the one thing I really want to see before committing further is that the behaviour differences between drivetrains gets sorted, because right now the handling characteristics are calculated at static velocity, hence understeer/oversteer balance is not accurately modelled. Currently, the BROBOT uses the circle test values to determine base handling which is affected by the drive/sport ratio, and those values can be misleading/inconsistent, which can, in a tight field, really bugger your chances.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:51 am

I am also creating some track calculations for AGPS, and they are not done but will be soon and I will allow everyone to use it. :)
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:54 am

Brobot sounds awesome! :D I just hope you can make it (project-wise and timewise )
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

iRaptor

Cars: No cars yet.

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:31 am

squidhead wrote:Everybody except BRC is running calculations in excell or similar. I do not see a problem in that.

This project is not the kind of project that is done in a few days or so. Implementing tyre suppliers, sponsors, a properly balanced finance model is doable. But I simply don't see the point in getting that much hard work for something that will use Excel calculations and see absolutely no car-and-track interactions as done in the BRC :)

Some of the people in here are aware about what I'm looking forward to. And I will defo get back in it as soon as BROBOT gets released, if it fits into my timetable.

The project I have in mind is probably similar to some of the online games out there. Not saying that this would be like one of them though, it would be too optimistic and pretentious to brag about the GT Series being at the level of a game. It would be sort of simplified but with features inspired from some of them and unique in the Automation world. So once it hopefully gets finished, people who played on some of the rather known racing online management games should be recognising some similarities between that and these games.

AirJordan wrote:Brobot sounds awesome! :D I just hope you can make it (project-wise and timewise )

Time-wise will be the more annoying of the two. I can always find some ways to make the ideas work or not, but I will need time. I'll have a couple of months of holidays around July, but I've heard BROBOT won't be available by then.

strop wrote:In that case I would suggest waiting several months, as you say, because BROBOT is too a work in progress. And the one thing I really want to see before committing further is that the behaviour differences between drivetrains gets sorted, because right now the handling characteristics are calculated at static velocity, hence understeer/oversteer balance is not accurately modelled. Currently, the BROBOT uses the circle test values to determine base handling which is affected by the drive/sport ratio, and those values can be misleading/inconsistent, which can, in a tight field, really bugger your chances.

I would guess these issues would be fixed in a few months? Anyway we would be running Beta Seasons before running Season 1. Once BROBOT is released :)
Lefatti Automobili : viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4421&start=10
---------------------------------
Lefatti Automobili - Car Company
Scirocco by Lefatti Automobili - Racing Department

More to be announced very soon.
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions