FAQ  •  Login

The Car Shopping Round (Round 9)

<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:20 am

Re: The Car Shopping Round

Just to clarify, $30k "Total Cost" or "Market Cost"?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:26 am

Market cost, as in the figure in the top bars on the Market tab. I'll amend the post.
<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:30 am

I've already made my car :twisted:
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:01 am

you just asked for a wagon subaru......

or maybe. the nissan stagea.
yeah nissan stagea.... time to put the spit 'n shine on that stagea, and do some resto mod on 'em
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:04 am

Well, there's no denying an Outback or a Stagea would suit my needs nicely. But will it suit my desires? Shopping isn't always straightforward!
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:16 am

And Honda themselves is going to find that out very soon with that Rigeline of theirs...

Anyway, you're looking for a fun daily driver, but are you a reasonable buyer, who wants something tame and easy to drive? Or are you a hasty buyer who wants something extreme looking and sporty?
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:48 am

The point of this round is that you will have to decide which of, and how many, of those aspects you're going to appeal to. I may appear to have provided a mess of vacillations and implied contradictions, but everything you'll need is provided in the prompt. As for how I'm going to judge this, I know the it will reflect the same struggle I have to decide whether my daily driver is going to be tame and practical or cutting a bit loose.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 am

I both love and hate the fact that I see the answer to like 75% of these board challenges as "Hey I have a commune for that" but I totally do...
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:08 am

Are there any limits as to what mods are allowed or not allowed? Also, I can see exactly what car you need, were it in the real world, although maybe it's a bit out of that price range. We'll have to build and find out.

Cheers - Racer13
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:32 am

Working on something. This is a good challenge. Not exactly easy, but I think the car I produce won't be too bad. I've decided to knuckle down on some design strategies.
<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:15 am

strop wrote:
  • Must post a screenshot with any of the relevant criteria as specified by the Round Master

Um... in your specific case how is this going to work? There is a lot relevant stuff in your challenge, one screenshot will not do it.

Edit: Also, how much do you have to reveal in the post actually? I mean if I reveal the design, price, and on top of that all the relevant stuff stats too, is that good for the competition?
Last edited by asdren on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:40 am

asdren wrote:
strop wrote:
  • Must post a screenshot with any of the relevant criteria as specified by the Round Master

Um... in your specific case how is this going to work? There is a lot relevant stuff in your challenge, one screenshot will not do it.

Edit: Also, how much do you have to reveal in the post actually? I mean if I reveal the design, price, and on top of that all the relevant stuff stats, is that good for the competition?

You're not trying to beat us, you're trying to convince HIM ;)
<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:56 am

BlastersPewPew wrote:You're not trying to beat us, you're trying to convince HIM ;)

From what i understood, convincing him equals beating you :D

Jokes aside, my plan was to mention all the features and stats that the round master might like, like a car seller would do, but not necessary how i achieved them (screenshots). The details should be in the PM, am i right?

Edit: Example: Lets say the RoundMaster requests aluminum panels, but has not specified anything else for the body shell, therefore maybe i don't want to reveal (via a screenshot as requested) that i used AHS steel in order to achieve another requirement indirectly, may it be weight or environment resistance.
CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:32 am

asdren wrote:
BlastersPewPew wrote:You're not trying to beat us, you're trying to convince HIM ;)

From what i understood, convincing him equals beating you :D

Jokes aside, my plan was to mention all the features and stats that the round master might like, like a car seller would do, but not necessary how i achieved them (screenshots). The details should be in the PM, am i right?

Edit: Example: Lets say the RoundMaster requests aluminum panels, but has not specified anything else for the body shell, therefore maybe i don't want to reveal (via a screenshot as requested) that i used AHS steel in order to achieve another requirement indirectly, may it be weight or environment resistance.

He did say PM him the car, so if you say in the post that not everything was displayed, and you'd have to check the PM, then that's fine, right?
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:09 am

I realize this is a competition and everything, but I also know we have some good builders here, so maybe I could get some help? I've built a decent car that I'm proud of, except the fuel economy on it sucks balls. Like this is the kind of fuel economy you could take back to the 50s when they didn't even care about fuel economy and they would be like damn son. What do you guys recommend to drastically improve fuel economy without altering the vehicle significantly? I tried adding VVT and VVL but that didn't do much.

Cheers - Racer13
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions