FAQ  •  Login

'95 NASC (Major Announcements)

<<

durk

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:51 am

Re: '95 NASC (Preparing for Monza)

Alright. Entries are closed. I plan on holding the first race this weekend. Everyone try to get your race strategy sheets in before this weekend. The way these sheets will work is in between every race you will have an opportunity to submit a new sheet, but if you are happy with your current strategy don't send me a new one and I will just use your strategy from the previous race. If you don't turn in a strategy sheet for this race you will have a default strategy, so your car will sit on middle fuel mixture the whole race, change from drys to wets on the weather arrival lap, change from wets to drys on the weather departure lap, and you will take both fuel and tires under caution if your car is under 50% fuel or above 50% tire wear. During qualifying you won't do anything special, you will just set a lap under normal conditions.

Ask questions about the sheets in here or via PM to me. Just a little tip, if it doesn't fit into the qualifying, weather, caution, or general categories, it goes under commands.
Sellswick Performance - A small American tuning house
(PM me to request a Sellswick tune)

'95 NASC
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:22 am

Great, I am looking forward to first race :)
Sheets? Are there any pre-prepared ones? Is it OK if we just write strategy casual in pm in the form you demand?
Fuel consumption will be calculated with in game consumption in last trim tab right?
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

durk

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 am

Yup. Last trim tab is where fuel consumption is derived from, and the "sheets" are just a PM in the format I demand more or less. I'm just calling it a sheet for whatever reason. The only pre-prepared one I have is the default, but you guys can share amongst yourselves. I might cook up a few pre-prepared ones, don't know for sure on that yet though. As long as the strategy is organized well enough that I can easily convert it into my format, I'm ok with it.

Just got the base lap times in for the whole season for all the cars. There is one rivalry in particular I'm looking forward to. They take turns being ahead of each other by fractions of a second from track to track for the most part, even posting identical times on one track. We will see how pit stops, randomization, strategy etc. etc. work into that, but I think it's going to be fun.

Also, when it comes to calculating wrecks, since the field is a lot smaller than I anticipated I will use my discretion to determine whether multi-car wrecks are realistic. For example, I'm not going to let the car behind you get involved in a wreck with you when it's 10 seconds down the road :p.

'95 NASC
<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:02 am

Can you link the strategy sheets for those of us who are lazy?
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:15 am

Racer13 wrote:Can you link the strategy sheets for those of us who are lazy?

In the OP click race strategy :) there is no real "sheet" to fill
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

durk

Post Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:23 am

Basically, just read "race strategy" in the OP and PM me something along those lines. This level of detail seemed like a good idea at the time, but it doesn't seem to work too well in practice, lol.

'95 NASC
<<

durk

Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:25 am

NASC qualifying at Monza tomorrow :D. I'm thinking qualifying will be on Saturday and the race will be on Sunday, but I'll probably have to release results on Monday. This is just a rough idea of how the races will operate and it is subject to change.

'95 NASC
<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Sounds good durk. I actually prefer that schedule, and wish AMWEC had done it that way. Also, I still need to get you a strategy sheet if I still can. I'll try to get that to you tonight, useless you have already done your calculations for the race.

Cheers - Racer13
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
<<

durk

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:53 am

I'll be conducting qualifying later in the day. My sleep schedule is pretty abhorrent and it got even weirder today when I had to wake up pretty early to help out with some things. Expect qualifying results no later than 5 AM EST tomorrow. I wouldn't be surprised if releasing information in the very early hours of the morning becomes the norm, which I suppose means everything will be coming a day later than I said (It's not the next day until I go to sleep in my mind XD), so just keep that in mind. Although who knows, I may take a little nap here soon and find some time to do qualifying before today ends.

EDIT: If you don't get your strategy submitted in time for qualifying, go ahead and send me a strategy anyways. You might get in it just in time for the race, and even if you don't I'll have something to use for the next race. Keep in mind you can change your strategy at any time between races, but you can also just submit one strategy and stick to it the entire season. If I don't get another strategy before the next race I'll just use the same strategy from the last race for your car.

'95 NASC
<<

durk

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:03 pm

Re: '95 NASC (Monza Qualifying Underway)

Qualifying for the first ever NASC race at Monza, sponsored by Lefatti Automobili, was ran today under dry conditions. Here are the results.

1: Matoyama Target Racing - XL-1R NASC (2:04.92)
2: Smooth Racing - Scar 300 NASC (2:06.39)
3: Komodo Speed Research - FT30 Super NA (2:07.12)
4: HP Craftworks - Model N953 (2:09.77)
5: Rado Automotive Inc. - LXR 5.0 (2:11.99)
6: Astronaut Magazine Racing - #404 Facciamo Cars Finaliz GTxR (2:13.81)
7: Swanson Motorsports Engineering - Grunt (2:24.16)
8: Baker & Haase Racing - Preston Premocar Experimental/"PPX" (Crashed out)

The Matoyama Target Racing car demonstrated blistering pace today at Monza, putting in a little bit of elbow grease to post a 2:04.92 in qualifying. The Baker & Haase Racing car was pushing exceptionally hard in qualifying. The vehicle was on track for an estimated 2:07-2:08 when the driver overcooked it heading into turn 6, resulting in a collision with the surrounding barriers. The Baker & Haase machine will be back up and running by tomorrow; however, it will have to start at the back of the pack. There is a forecasted 9% chance of rain on race day.

(Just a heads up, if I didn't receive a tire compound selection from you your car will default to the soft compound.)

EDIT: When I say today, just think of the same dates, but back in 1995 :p.

'95 NASC
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: '95 NASC (Monza Qualifying Results)

As per usual, I'm toward the back!

Hope for better in race results.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

durk

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:20 pm

It might help to submit a strategy if you can decipher my confusing language, lol. Doesn't have to be exactly written according to the formula I present (I haven't, and probably never will, denied a strategy or asked for it to be edited so far. Although I'm pretty sure only 3 people submitted one). Don't know how fuel strategy is going to work out. Seems like the whole rich/lean/middle thing was a pretty poor idea since some people are on track to run the whole race without refueling anyways XD. It's also a bit too much of a pain to work with. Oh well. Live and learn. To be honest I wasn't looking forward to running this these past few days, but running qualifying was surprisingly fun. We'll see how the race goes.

'95 NASC
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:21 pm

I'll do something for the next event. Didn't have time this week.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:27 pm

Wow, am I slow!!! haha
<<

Sebesseg

Cars: '15 Charger Rallye

Post Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:21 pm

Ooo crashed out, perhaps I was too aggressive XD for what appears to be little return

That's what this team was all about though pushing the car and driver. Being at the back is going to make this interesting. Thinking on my strategy, if the qualifying went badly then the car might not finish the race in one piece.
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions