FAQ  •  Login

Exploration vehicle challenge (RESULTS ARE IN!!)

<<

stensen

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:22 am

Re: Exploration vehicle challenge (now open!)

While our first car, the Scatola (viewtopic.php?f=39&t=8864&start=20#p91754), received mixed feedback, it set a new trend for sporty yet economic crossovers. While the lead designers were working on refining the concept in order to make it successful on the market, the chairman was approached by an old study friend from Abu Dhabi: His wife was getting another kid and was complaining that the luxury sports coupe was getting too small for school runs. so the chairman requested that a bigger SUV had to be developed that was actually able to withstand the harsh environment in the desert. Based on the Scatola engine, the engineers developed the following car that would also perfectly match the requirements of this current tender for some Exploration vehicles. However, the chairman had a quick look at it and dismissed it: It doesn't look like a proper offroad, it doesn't sound like one, and by the time you need to get up freaking early to get your kids to school in time. Our company will not build this thing. Build me a car that produces at least 500 Nm tourque and scores 75 on offroad abilities! So off he went to build a real offroader...
Attachments
OR Ch VAN Base 2 - Ver 1.0-1.png
OR Ch VAN Base 2 - Ver 1.0-1.png (1.55 MiB) Viewed 5561 times
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:26 am

fuck me. low fuel consumption, low emissions, super high practicality. im rebuilding mine allright
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:13 am

Bleh why bother.

Behold the RM Pilgrim.

<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 13 Nissan Pathfinder
99 Nissan Frontier
84 Jeep CJ7 (rock crawler)

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:18 am

koolkei wrote:fuck me. low fuel consumption, low emissions, super high practicality. im rebuilding mine allright

I already submitted mine, otherwise I would be too. I doubt my insane off-road capability will save it.
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:49 am

Well, if the explorer scientists don't want to buy my off-road-buses, I can still sell them to the army :I
<<

Riso

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:15 am

I'd like to point out that stensen's car is a death trap and will not make it for that reason alone!
<<

stensen

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:49 am

as already said. the chairman denied producing this car. it only exists as a concept. in the end, getting the torque i intended didnt work out, but at least i can now proudly submit a real offroader :)
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 pm

Still, for being one of your first cars, it is quite impressive! Other than safety, it rivals my car in almost all the specs.

(F.Y.I, probably not smart to reveal the stats of your car until the competition is closed, otherwise it makes it incredibly easy to commit corporate espionage and make a car based on your stats, but that can score better with the points system.)

Sillyworld wrote:Well, if the explorer scientists don't want to buy my off-road-buses, I can still sell them to the army :I

LOL my thoughts exactly, I pretty much designed my car with Military use in mind. It shares a lot of the base components of the HMMVW.
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

stensen

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:56 pm

DoctorNarfy wrote:Still, for being one of your first cars, it is quite impressive! Other than safety, it rivals my car in almost all the specs.

(F.Y.I, probably not smart to reveal the stats of your car until the competition is closed, otherwise it makes it incredibly easy to commit corporate espionage and make a car based on your stats, but that can score better with the points system.)

Sillyworld wrote:Well, if the explorer scientists don't want to buy my off-road-buses, I can still sell them to the army :I

LOL my thoughts exactly, I pretty much designed my car with Military use in mind. It shares a lot of the base components of the HMMVW.

thanks. but well, it is one of my first cars that i posted here ;)

i don't take part here only to win. and while playing around for this challenge i quite quickly came to the conclusion that the scoring is a little unbalanced. even though the emissions/economics requirement is reasonable, the weight on these is too much. have a minimum requirement for offroad and/or torque, have a specific maximum emission level as a requirement or whatever. have the challenge to make an efficient offroader and not to make an efficient van somewhat offroad capable ;)

edit: and here it is. sales price 19998. and not a death trap!
Attachments
ORC Front.png
ORC Front.png (1.85 MiB) Viewed 5329 times
<<

MC5844

Cars: Mitsubishi

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:42 am

Question: There's a drop-down (that I presume will eventually be used for factory size) on the "Detail Stats" tab on the final trim page. This has a fairly dramatic effect on the price of the car on the Markets tab ($3000 between the highest and lowest settings). Any particular preference as to what this should be set on?
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:43 am

MC5844 wrote:Question: There's a drop-down (that I presume will eventually be used for factory size) on the "Detail Stats" tab on the final trim page. This has a fairly dramatic effect on the price of the car on the Markets tab ($3000 between the highest and lowest settings). Any particular preference as to what this should be set on?

just leave it at default, also sorry for lack of updates, my game doesn't appear to be wanting to launch
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:31 pm

major apologies for lack of any updates as my game still refuses to launch, new submissions will still be closed off on new years but anyone i haven't reviewed yet will still be eligible to make necessary changes for any faults i discover
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:35 am

Re: Exploration vehicle challenge (closed unless waiting)

well the challenge is officially closed and i'll tally up the scores as soon as i can get my game to actually launch
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:21 am

any news?
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 am

AirJordan wrote:any news?

game still not launching, this may be delayed until next update, and that will definitely throw off the scores unfortunately
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions