FAQ  •  Login

The Farm Truck Challenge (Results, 3rd Place Announced)

<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:19 pm

Re: The Farm Truck Challenge (Results, 3rd Place Announced)

Sillyworld wrote:Every times it gets betters, first the blurps, then the full review, and now the video review :o ... next time it will include stop motion of a clay-model of the second place with an special apperance of Jason from Engineering Explained and his white board :lol: Seriously, great work!

UH..........................................................................................................................................................................................

C'mon guys, y'all will kill me if I have to improve for every position. At that rate, I'd have to go out back, actually build the winning truck, and then ride it around my hometown IRL and show you the review with Go-Pros mounted everywhere. You want that? I'll be taking donations in increments of 10,000 USD. :lol:

Glad y'all liked it. Thanks to TheTom for helping me out with the video software. It's opened doors to future collaboration. Stay tuned for that and the next two reviews when we coordinate our schedules again.

asdren wrote:Holy sh*t dude. I am speechless. I am not through the video yet but this is AMAZING.

Yeah, well, SURPRISE!

Puffster wrote:We have an expression here in Norway that goes "å hoppe etter Wirkola" which roughly translates to "like jumping after Wirkola". Wirkola was the worlds best ski jumper by far for several years. So for us petrolheads it comes to something like "driving after Ayrton Senna", you're just not going to be as good. Well, I think you just set the bar for feedback/reviews after competitions on the forums, great work!

That was my intention. I hope y'all don't mind the extra time these take. I think it's worth it.

asdren wrote:You guys did an amazing job.
I was not expecting much, therefore i am super happy i made it the 3rd. Even more happy now that i am 3rd, because the wait for my review would have killed me :D

Appreciate all the comments like this thus far. I wasn't sure this would be the best idea, it really drags out the results stage, but what fun is a challenge with no suspense? I'm going to do my best to work with Tom to get the top two released pretty close together. No point in keeping the winner waiting when all the other positions have been announced.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:26 pm

I have no problem with the extra time taken. Effectively, car-magazine review blurbs for the general public, full-fledged reviews for 4th and 5th, and video reviews for the top 3? No way in heck I'm gonna complain about a little extra time being taken. You've set the bar high, and I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.
<<

carskick

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
2014 Mazda CX5 2.5 GT

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Very cool video review!

I also didn't see that Hydropheumatic/Offroad combo option when I built my truck. Looks like a winning combo!

Looking forward to final 2 videos.
Name of Car Company: Kirk Automotive
Website or Forum thread: Initial announcement of first car: 1984 Kirk C130T
Company ID: 2015519
Current Compeititon: The Efficient Future - Make the Best of it
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:21 am

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I was hoping to do the recording with Tom yesterday, but I got sick from working Double OT in the snow, did some wheelin' and dealin' with my work colleagues to trade some shifts so I didn't have to work 3 consecutive nights last week, and wound up working all day Sunday in the several resulting shift swaps.

Anyway, I intend to knock this out ASAP. I don't enjoy not having the results out any more than any of you. I'm in the midst of an abnormally busy time of year, so I'll try to get the top two out relatively soon.

I humbly appreciate your patience.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions