FAQ  •  Login

AMWEC '15 [Finished]

<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: AMWEC '15 [Le mans results!]

'twas a good season all. I look forward to the next AMWEC event.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm

Your gifs vri404 always cracked me up xDD
But now, suit up because it's time for the ceremony awards thingy!

<<

Sillyworld

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:09 pm

AUTOMATION GRAND WINNER: ZEUS GT SPEC

And here we have the undisputed winner, the contemporary Mclaren F1, the Zeus GT Spec; a car that came from the partnership of 2 great car brands, the australian hypercar maker Gryphon Gear and the italian car giant Znopresk... and the partnership worked really, really REALLY well.

The Zeus won every one of the ten events, and in even some events by a quite huge gap. But what was its secret? Maybe some australian sorcery or even the italian blood runing through the Zeus, we might never know. But what we do know, it's that it has a drivability of 51.4! And that's without any driving-aid (except power steering). It also had a reliability of 82.5. So it's a car that not only does not try to kill its driver, but also tries to keep alive without any repairs during all the race. The only things that kills in this car it's its look, one of the best looking cars in the championship!
With a weight of 1245.3 kg, and a distribution of 67.3% on the rear wheels, it manages to get 297.4 km out of the medium-compound tyres and 780.3 km out of its 90 liters fuel tank.

Other features include:
-Double wishbone front and back
-6 speed dual clutch and a torsen(??) LSD
-Metal vented discs
-Interior with a lots of gauges

Total distance: 17,130.253 km.

And here are some badges (png-logos) that proves Strop as both AGTE and World Endurance winner, feel free to re-scale them, use'em on a banner, logo, poster or wherever. Kudos!
Image Image
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:20 pm

all my cars finished third........

WHY THE **** DIDN'T MY DRIVERS DO THIS SOONER?!?!?!?!?

for the others
<<

Sillyworld

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:31 pm

Expensive Prototype Champion: Sepang

Representing the german racing tradition we have Kraft Haus Technik and its amazing Sepang, one of the fastest cars we saw in the competition. Unlike others AP1 cars, KHT took a different approach and made the car heavier to use more even more power, with the downside of maybe less cornering speed. And the result was one of the fastest cars (specially in qualification). The Sepang weighted 1005.5 kg, and was heavy in the rear, with almost 70% of the weight on the driving wheels. Despide that and the medium compound tyres, it made 354.68 km with a single pair of tyres, not too shaby, not too shaby. The fuel consumption was 8.13 km/l, around the usual 8 km/l consumption on most of the cars, and it covered 555.279 km with one single fuel tank. Unlike other teams, KHT opted for a change-tyres-refuel pit strategy, maybe with a separate strategy it could get a even better result.

Some features:
-7 speed dual clutch and a mechanical LSD
-Carbon ceramic discs
-Drivability 40.9
-Reliability 78.6

Total distance: 16,694.404 km.

And here is your badge-logo thingy Squidhead! Feel free to re-scale it and use it if you want.
<<

Sillyworld

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Automation Budget Prototype Champion: Prima

When Pragata Auto Motorsport entered the competition, it was not a well known name in racing history (at least, in the most western part of the world) but by the end it was definitely turning some heads around. With a 5th place on the AP1 and 8th on AGTE, it was a pretty good season for the team (2nd place in the manufacturer world championship title), specially with the Prima, that ended up 3rd in the World Endurance Champion Car and 1st in its class: the Automation Prototype 2.
Sadly, the AP2 class was the less controversial class, but when we see the score, the Prime won almost all the events in its class, and by the end, it was almost twice points ahead of the 2nd place the Beta.
With a Drivability of 37.3 and a reliability of 69.3, the numbers of the Prima don't seem so impresive, so, what was its secret? Well, I think was the magic (or rather, evil) number of its weight distribution: 66.6% :twisted: that made this 1239.3 kg car be pretty fast, and squish 302.90 km out of its medium compound tyres. The fuel economy was 8.34km/l in the same ballpark as the others cars.
The maybe only disappointing thing is its looks, kinda blank, but, I guess that only made the car more aerodyanamic.

Some features:
-6 speed manual transmission and a mechanical LSD
-Vented metallic discs
-Über-Aerodyanamics

Total distance: 16,581.511 km.

Congratulations to Denta! Here's your prize-logo.
<<

Sillyworld

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:42 pm

Re: AMWEC '15 [Prize awards!]

Last Prize of the Night: Air Jordan's Manufacturer prize

2nd place AP1, 2nd place AP2 and 6th place AGTE; if one manufacturer was pretty constant and deserves a prize for its staggering performance in all 3 classes, that is the Smooth Racing Team.
As with Pragata Auto Motorsport, Smooth Racing is a name not so well know (yet), but after this season, we can surely say that we can expect some great racing performance from this team. Alpha, Beta and Gamma, it was a whole racing package that was (very smoothly) delivered this year.

Alpha
-Drivability: 37.5
-Reliability: 63.1
-Weight: 1438.2kg
-Distribution: 63.6% rear
-Tyres: Soft (218.65km)
-Pit strategy: refuel w/tyre change

Beta
-Drivability: 40.2
-Reliability: 72.2
-Weight: 986.4 kg
-Distribution: 68.6% rear
-Tyres: medium (369.45km)
-Pit strategy: independenly refuel-tyres

Gamma
-Drivability: 41.9
-Reliability: 68.4
-Weight: 1253.2 kg
-Distribution: 41.9% rear
-Tyres: Soft (329.05km)
-Pit strategy: independenly refuel-tyres

Congratulations Air Jordan! Here's your prize
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:17 pm

Of course we're not Audi, and I have some reservations about certain parts of the champagne spraying ceremony, but after a long hard (snerk) season it was probably time to blow off some steam :lol:

Fun fact: there were 4 AP1, 3 AP2 and 3 AGTE cars in the top 10 final standings. And the podium was an AGTE, AP1 and an AP2 car. It remains to be debated whether a car from any other class could have won the tournament (I tend to think not).

Many thanks for hosting (and completing) one of the bigger, grander undertakings of the forum Sillyworld. Great turnout, good contest. And I'll be sure to put those award icons on my signature somehow!

Final tip: downforce doesn't always win you races, I learnt that the hard way in a previous season, especially if the track selection is broad and you have to use the same tune across all of them. Thus my wings are set closer to 50, and that's why my race pace in Le Mans is quick. As for the drivability and cornering, that's down to the well balanced brakes, appropriately sized tyres, and appropriate suspension tuning for the tyres.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:22 pm

Kraft Haus Technik team after learning the results of LeMans

Special thanks goes to Sillyworld who managed to pull this season off. Not a simple feat, and that deserves a medal
<<

AirJordan

Cars: Cee apostrophe d

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:13 am

I am super proud of my team to pull Manufacturer prize in first competition ever to participate.
Image Image

Second, congratulations to other winners, your cars are amazing (yeah especially that special someone)

For others, it was a good fight but better luck next time

And finally to you Sillyworld, much respect, you did one hell of a job!
It was a pleasure to be a part of this.
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:49 am

When's the second season?

Good job to all of the winners in the AMWEC and a good effort for those who did not! :D

This challenge brought such a good time to automation and if there is a second season I promise that I will participate! Now I just need to get automation running. :P
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:40 am

Congratulations to the winners and the not winners.
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:02 am

I am already developing an AP1 Prototype and the speed is good but my economy is very low. But I don't know about the stats on the other cars so I am a bit worried about taking a risk and entering with the economy I am getting.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:41 am

Speedemon wrote:I am already developing an AP1 Prototype and the speed is good but my economy is very low. But I don't know about the stats on the other cars so I am a bit worried about taking a risk and entering with the economy I am getting.

8-) Some teams have already tested their prototypes :D , I personally know of 3 cars that are aimed at AMWEC 16 :) Don't think you'll get a head start, we still need to see finalized 2016 rules
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:17 am

squidhead wrote:
Speedemon wrote:I am already developing an AP1 Prototype and the speed is good but my economy is very low. But I don't know about the stats on the other cars so I am a bit worried about taking a risk and entering with the economy I am getting.

8-) Some teams have already tested their prototypes :D , I personally know of 3 cars that are aimed at AMWEC 16 :) Don't think you'll get a head start, we still need to see finalized 2016 rules

For now the prototype is in an experimental stage, following last year's rules. We are testing the car with different types of engines, and seeing which engine will provide the best overall performance. Things are going good right now though! :)
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions