FAQ  •  Login

AMWEC '15 [Finished]

<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:28 am

Re: AMWEC '15 [Prize awards!]

Thanks to all the participants! I learned a lot of stuff to improve the next season! (like to use an automated software instead of spreadsheets :<, and to release a benchmark car disguised as a safety car).
Don't sweat about the 2016 AMWEC, there's not a date for that, but I guess it will happen in the second half of the year, probably around october-november. This challange required a couple of hours per week, so I want to get a break from that. The regulations will be slightly different, the AP2 will be more balanced in comparision to the others, and the AGTE will be split into 2 classes, one for anything that is not a SUV or a truck (4 doors, wagons, etc) and the other for highperformance production limited cars, and I still need to figure out other stuff. Since I'll be trying new stuff, I will do mini challenges (like 12 hrs of sebring, 24 hrs of Spa, 1000 km of whatever) to try that (1969, 1975, 1988, 1998) but there is not a date yet.

As you saw, all the winners used basically the same body, the large mclaren body, unfortunally, compared to the others bodies, that car is OP; it has a really low Cd of 17 (weird thing is that, the same small mclaren body has a cd of 24), so I'm hoping that when the AMWEC 2016 happen we'll have other bodies that can compite with that one :lol:

Again, thanks to all of you guys!
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:45 am

Re: AMWEC '15 [Finished]

I have to wait until october? Awww. I guess it is worth the wait! :)
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:55 am

Speedemon wrote:I have to wait until october? Awww. I guess it is worth the wait! :)

Hey, my Company finally can recover Moni xD
And no problem Sillyworld, I'll definitely take part in AMWEC16.
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

Racer13

Cars: 1996 Ford Probe GT

2007 Intrepid Cruiser w/ 125 IAME Leopard

250 Superkart on the way

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:42 am

Alright folks, time to get real for a moment here. I feel terrible to announce this, but the final installment of the Talking AMWEC race summaries (races 6-10) will not be happening. My schedule became very busy after the short break we had and since then I never really got any time to work on the AMWEC. Because of the lack of time I also started to lose motivation. I do feel terrible having to inform you all of this, but it's something that had to happen eventually. Hopefully this does not damage any relationship I have with Sillyworld or anyone else for the future, as I look forward to the future of the AMWEC and possibly being more involved.

Cheers - Racer13
"Racing is life. Everything before or after is just waiting."
- Michael Delaney

HP Craftworks
#1955013, Est. 1955
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:52 am

That's not surprising, you took on a lot there.

Could I have a transcript of the interview I gave you over Skype?
<<

Sillyworld

Post Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:00 am

Don't worry racer13, sometimes our real life schedule changes, and always work/school/family/career related stuff is more important than a game.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:04 am

well, i'm guessing no point in keeping this for the bonus then.

That race was not very successful for us
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:32 am

Question: Will you change the rules so things like the Zeus don't happen? No GT car could possibly beat an P1 in real life. Crazy car!:P
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Sillyworld

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:52 pm

squidhead wrote:well, i'm guessing no point in keeping this for the bonus then.

*cool_sepang_pic.jpg*

That race was not very successful for us

Damn, that looks really cool! I like the details in the bottom part of the car.

Speedemon wrote:Question: Will you change the rules so things like the Zeus don't happen? No GT car could possibly beat an P1 in real life. Crazy car!:P

I will change the rules so the AP2 cars will be more competite and I will split the AGTE into 2 categories, one for your regular street cars and other for super sports cars. The Zeus won fair and square, and I wanted for the AMWEC that all cars have the oportunity to win. One thing I hate about the current FIA's WEC series is that the GTE cars have absolutely not even a chance of winning, it seems they're just there to cause traffic to the LMP cars.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Speedemon: have you never heard of the McLaren F1, or the Ford GT40? It's legendary rare for a GT car to win endurance outright, but the Zeus is just that level a car :P

But yes, actually addressing your point, there should be no upper limit on drivability such that a car can be guaranteed an incident free race, much less season.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Waaaait, Wait, Wait...

The Zeus Never Crashed? Holy sh-
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Sillyworld

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:16 pm

strop wrote:Speedemon: have you never heard of the McLaren F1, or the Ford GT40? It's legendary rare for a GT car to win endurance outright, but the Zeus is just that level a car :P

But yes, actually addressing your point, there should be no upper limit on drivability such that a car can be guaranteed an incident free race, much less season.

Hahahahaha, yes, that's why the Zeus was referred as the Mclaren F1 of this generation :lol:

Vri404 wrote:Waaaait, Wait, Wait...

The Zeus Never Crashed? Holy sh-

Nope, the stats were so high that it didn't even have a minor accident... not even a fuse failure :shock: But all of that will be adressed for the next season!
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions