FAQ  •  Login

Ultimate FWD Challenge Episode 2! And the Results are in!

<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Re: Ultimate FWD Challenge Episode 2! First Entry!

Ah, why the heck not. Just submitted my own not-so-beastly beast into the competition, but I'm hoping it has all the right stuff where it counts. And I'm willing to bet it's unique.

If it's accepted, I'll cruise the tracks in relative luxury while enjoying my music - The sound of a screaming 4-cyl at 12,000 RPM. Not that I'm forced to listen to it, but it'll sound so much better than the luxury-grade entertainment package. And I'll be cruising in my nice, comfortable leather bucket seats, with the air conditioning on.

And no, I don't expect I'll win much, not with this beast (I tried to keep it from looking like a race car in minivan trim, after all), but maybe I won't end up always in dead last. And even if I am in dead last, well, I'll at least be comfortable in last place.

No, it's not the most powerful thing I've built, but I don't normally do FWD. So I felt it to be completely necessary to make a fool of myself in public. I've got more than a few cars in my proverbial garage that could blow the doors, hatch, hood, and wheels off of this thing. They just aren't able to go FWD. Hoping for something particularly insane that'll take a very expensive, exceptionally powerful AWD to come up eventually. Then I'll spring the big one, perhaps.
Attachments
Madrias Motors - Venturion Sport.jpg
Madrias Motors - Venturion Sport.jpg (303.44 KiB) Viewed 4983 times
<<

Tigra

Cars: an Nitro R/C Car

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Re: Ultimate FWD Challenge Episode 2! Three Entries In!

What kind of times are you guys getting at the test track just curious as to what im' up against
Who needs an engine witch fits in the car when you can do this
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:35 pm

Ladies & gentlemen, boys & girls, children of all ages. Today I present to you the ugliest...and quite possibly the slowest competitor in this challenge...

PolMot Delfin!!!
<<

Madrias

Post Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Call me crazy, but I think I kinda like it. Not exactly a sleeper, but it sure looks like it'll make people regret thinking it's just another family sedan.

And I don't think it'd take much to pass me. That being said, have fun getting around my mighty minivan.
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:10 am

Tigra wrote:What kind of times are you guys getting at the test track just curious as to what im' up against

If by "test track" you mean Automation track...around 2:17. I'm pretty sure StropMaster or Niall The Fast will smash this like easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Madrias wrote:And I don't think it'd take much to pass me. That being said, have fun getting around my mighty minivan.

I have around 1400 HP. Again, not that uber [Niall has 1748], but it should be enough...I think ;)
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:20 am

With some "special" balancing (70f/20r) the wheel spin is kept to only about a 48-50% penalty if I remember right. I never put it around the test track though.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:58 am

Madrias wrote:Hoping for something particularly insane that'll take a very expensive, exceptionally powerful AWD to come up eventually. Then I'll spring the big one, perhaps.

You're in luck. I can tell you now, something extremely crazy is coming up soon. If you're not sure what I mean, look up the Barely Street Legal League.

Also, I can tell you now my car will definitely not have the most horsepower. It will also do pitifully at top speed. Heck, I don't even think it's that fast around AT test track. It was tuned for one thing and one thing only: as a technical exercise to prove getting around Green Hell in under 7 minutes in an FF car was doable (though 6:55 might be a bit of a stretch.)
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:28 am

strop wrote:It was tuned for one thing and one thing only: as a technical exercise to prove getting around Green Hell in under 7 minutes in an FF car was doable (though 6:55 might be a bit of a stretch.)

BREAKING NEWS! JUST CONFIRMED!!!

Strop = Image

Me = Image

Cause I'm doing almost exactly 7:30 on the ring
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:44 am

...of course it's my thread that proves this site will host Pokemon sprites, lol
Last edited by VosNox on Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:20 am

From what I've seen Jason communicates mostly through Pokémon.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

JasonPoland

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:32 am

nialloftara wrote:From what I've seen Jason communicates mostly through Pokémon.

NOOOOOO!!! You found out my secret!!! That's it...

Image Super Nerd Jason wants to fight!

Super Nerd Jason sends out
Charlie & Shuck Norris!!!
Image Image
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:49 am

Image amidoingthisriteidonteven
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

Madrias

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:46 am

strop wrote:
Madrias wrote:Hoping for something particularly insane that'll take a very expensive, exceptionally powerful AWD to come up eventually. Then I'll spring the big one, perhaps.

You're in luck. I can tell you now, something extremely crazy is coming up soon. If you're not sure what I mean, look up the Barely Street Legal League.

Also, I can tell you now my car will definitely not have the most horsepower. It will also do pitifully at top speed. Heck, I don't even think it's that fast around AT test track. It was tuned for one thing and one thing only: as a technical exercise to prove getting around Green Hell in under 7 minutes in an FF car was doable (though 6:55 might be a bit of a stretch.)

I just finished reading the Barely Street Legal League, and I've got something in my garage that meets the original criteria... It's not eligible here (driving wheels aren't the right set), but I found it to be fun to build.

As for my minivan... At least I'll have a very comfortable last place. Barely any expense was spared on the interior.
<<

Tigra

Cars: an Nitro R/C Car

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:47 am

JasonPoland wrote:
Tigra wrote:What kind of times are you guys getting at the test track just curious as to what im' up against

If by "test track" you mean Automation track...around 2:17. I'm pretty sure StropMaster or Niall The Fast will smash this like easy peasy lemon squeezy.

well then i should be in with a chance of not being humiliated completely.

but it does appears that i will be bring David along to a fight among Goliath 1700 + Hp :shock:
Who needs an engine witch fits in the car when you can do this
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:50 am

Re: Ultimate FWD Challenge Episode 2! Five Entries In!

I'm going to be laughing so hard when y'all actually see my lap times :p
CPV engines CPV cars
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions