FAQ  •  Login

Touch of Class [1978] [REVIEW POSTED]

<<

victorgarcia

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Motorcyclist

Post Wed May 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Re: Touch of Class [1978] [RESULTS]

there said high weight for comfort and prestige, and there i went, as you can see...
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Hooray, doing something mad then trying to be sensible about it yields better results than doing something mad and then going nuts!

Armada, however, may not be making much of a splash with this car. They're sinking further into the red... If they don't cone up with a massive breakthrough, they're probably going into receivership...
<<

Zabhawkin

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 13 Nissan Pathfinder
99 Nissan Frontier
84 Jeep CJ7 (rock crawler)

Post Wed May 20, 2015 2:59 pm

At least DMA is getting a reputation for quality... even if it tends to be a bit expensive.
Desert Mountains Automotive Specializing in high reliability cars and trucks for more demanding needs.
<<

BlastersPewPew

Cars: Mazda 3

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:03 pm

24th - Desert Motors Escalante - "Gold-plated everything. Avoid rough neighborhoods. And dragons." - 4.5 V8 - 4671 pts

ROFLOL!!! Yeah, it is expensive, I also toned it down a bit, I thought the original version with its platinum trim was a tad too much so I went down a level to gold :P

Seriously though, that stuff is EXPENSIVE to maintain, holy crap, IIRC my service costs were over $5k.

EDIT: One of these days I will make something that is actually decent :P I just have way too much fun doing these though.
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Here's the entry with the pictures of the PAW Jubatus PE.

...gosh, I've been going so crazy with Automation that I can't remember what I did with the car for this contest, as opposed to all the others. I'm literally looking at the .lua file to see if it sparks any memories ... I mean, air suspension sounds right ... premium 8-track, power steering, ABS ... standard safety? huh ... slushbox, of course ... why did I put an LSD on this? ... whoa, I actually gave it rear disc brakes and not drums? Yeah, I don't remember this at all. I must have done something right, though!
<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Quick question/request Vic IF possible, dont want it to be a huge hassle, but could you provide a list (after the final reviews or omit them) of total costs for all the cars? I am very curious as to how the price range was.
<<

Packbat

Cars: I, being poor, have only my dreams

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:18 pm

I, too, would be interested. The PAW Jubatus PE had a total cost of $12,408.64, for the record.
<<

nerd

Cars: None as of now and at least 3 years from now.

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Dang, I got in the top 5.
and I still haven't gotten to showing the MiniLuxo TP-C yet. Total cost somewhere in the $8200 range.
Rado Automotive Incrorporated (my automation car company): 1946998
Rado Automotive Incorporated car showroom
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:20 pm

trackpaduser wrote:Here is what my glorified econobox looks like.

*looks at stats* I'm hoping that was for illustration purposes only, because there is a MASSIVE stat discrepancy between what you show there and the version you sent me.
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Packbat wrote:I, too, would be interested. The PAW Jubatus PE had a total cost of $12,408.64, for the record.

IIRC (Vic would have the exact numbers, not at the PC that made the car, laptop cant even run the demo.) mine was roughly $40k-$44k and that was the toned down version!!

EDIT: But hey, this was luxury and boy does my car have that! :D

EDIT#2: Confirmed, $42,461.94.
Last edited by BlastersPewPew on Wed May 20, 2015 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:32 pm

victorgarcia wrote:there said high weight for comfort and prestige, and there i went, as you can see...

That you did. But you also let your costs get away from you, so reliability and total cost (which both affect cost to own) caused a bigger drop in your score than your improved prestige and comfort helped. These design challenges force you to think about balance. Other than NMC's insane fuel economy, not one of the top 5 are REALLY high up in any one stat. They are, however, high enough in the important stats, and well-rounded enough to score where they did.

BlastersPewPew wrote:Quick question/request Vic IF possible, dont want it to be a huge hassle, but could you provide a list (after the final reviews or omit them) of total costs for all the cars? I am very curious as to how the price range was.

Highest total cost was $263,985.80 for the PolMot. Basically he went nuts with +15 sliders (except tires), so we can't really count him within the "norm" of costs.
The next three were the Garcia, Desert Motors, and VPNL, at $59,708.45, $42,461.94, and $40,715.88 respectively. These were also abnormally high, though not exorbitant.
The four lowest were all sub-$10k, and were the Ponni, Rado, Seishido, and Armada, at $7999.15, $8275.45, $9698.13, and $9988.18.

Everyone else was between about $10k and $22k, with $14k-ish being about average.

<<

BlastersPewPew

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:34 pm

THANKS!!! :D :D Glad I skipped the platinum package :P
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:35 pm

VicVictory wrote:

*looks at stats* I'm hoping that was for illustration purposes only, because there is a MASSIVE stat discrepancy between what you show there and the version you sent me.

I'll recheck, might have taken the pic of the wrong car :lol:

Edit: I thought I sent you a car with a 5 speed manual, seems I was wrong. Still, the difference isn't too massive. Anyway, edited the post with what should be the right car.
Last edited by TrackpadUser on Wed May 20, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nerd

Cars: None as of now and at least 3 years from now.

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Rado MiniLuxo TP-C:
"Yes, this is a luxury coupe, not a contestant for the Pocket Rockets, this would be too expensive anyway. What are we talking about? The new Rado MiniLuxo TP-C, our new luxury coupe. TP stands for Turbo Premium and C stands for Coupe. This is a small luxury car with a 1.6L Turbo I4 making 135 hp and some torque. This makes it WAY more fuel-efficient than a typical American landyacht, and for us, sometimes smaller is better. The design changed throughout the process of developing the MiniLuxo, early designs showed a coupe version of the Rado IV, our eco-hatch. However, we gave up on a FWD platform very quickly and switched to an older sloopy body style sending power to the rear wheels. Inside you will find a luxury interior and premium 8-track entertainment. Combined with a total of 4 seats, this time we got it just right, and we hope a lot of people buy our new car. Cheap Luxury."
Rado MiniLuxo TP-C.PNG
Rado MiniLuxo TP-C.PNG (434.91 KiB) Viewed 4990 times

Standard:
1.6L Turbo I4
Luxury Interior
Premium 8-track
5-speed Manual transmission
Front seat sunroof
All normal Rado stuff

Optional:
Luxury 8-track
3-speed Automatic Transmission
Rear-seat speaker
Front and/or rear bench seats

Rados are proudly made in Colorado, USA.
Rado Automotive Incrorporated (my automation car company): 1946998
Rado Automotive Incorporated car showroom
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed May 20, 2015 3:57 pm

trackpaduser wrote:
VicVictory wrote:

I'll recheck, might have taken the pic of the wrong car :lol:

Edit: I thought I sent you a car with a 5 speed manual, seems I was wrong. Still, the difference isn't too massive. Anyway, edited the post with what should be the right car.

Gaaaaah... I derped, I was reading the line above your car... lol. Yeah, the one you've posted is correct.

PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions