FAQ  •  Login

PIF Design Challenge [Green Group Thread]

<<

victorgarcia

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Motorcyclist

Post Mon May 04, 2015 8:07 am

Re: PIF Design Challenge [Green Group Thread]

i'll send you the car i sent to the 198o family haulers challenge and ask you to make a racing version for us, ok?
it's the C28o, the top trim, with a nice 2.8 inline 6 that develops a healthy 177hp, would have been healthier without the legal stuff, it's a very small car also, in stock version it can do o-1oo in 7seconds flat, after i sent this car to the challenge i could not help but put it to race, its a superb base for a racer!

its 198o, our first year in the stock car championship, we want to make a big entry, and believe our car can be a champion, this engine is very good, and we require your services as as experienced race engineer.

this year the championship must be ours!

i'll send one to you with flared wheelarches and wings/lips already, the guys at the factory just had time to bolt on the wings and wheelarches, the interior is stock, can you remove and send it back to factory? so we can fit back in a production car, please do not srcatch!
of course, deduce it from the costs

Model:

You can't do anything here!
neither changing material nor changing suspension type.

Engine:

it must be based on the stock engine, keep the same bottomparts and must be na, so you can only port and polish it [cilinder head quality], change the camshaft, change carburetors, remove catalizers and mufflers, change exhaust, increase max rpm, change fuel, compression, timing, etc.

resuming: everything you want, but do not add turbo neither touch the first and second tabs!

Trim:

-you must let the stock gearbox, you can't change gearbox setup and can't change quality, we do not have money nor time do attack this, you can add geared LSD and only that!
-anything you want with the tires, and i already flared the wheel arches to the maximum [had to remodel the whole car, hope the next update let's us stretch the car with fixtures installed]
-anything you want with the other tabs!
- no driver aids allowed! so remove the electornic wizadry and send it back to factory also :D

resuming: no messing with the bodywork, just a top tuning in the engine, stock gearbox, new tires, brakes, shocks and stripping the interior.

just 5 numbers to match:

-cash- 16k!

the stock car costs 8k, you have twice that, 16k! that should be the total cost, you should have more than 8k to spend, as you discount the stock interior, infotainment and other stuff you remove from the costs, and send it back to me :D you have a plenty of cash left to put good tires, brakes, carburetor, brakes, shocks, exhausts, etc. you'll enjoy the task!

-safety- min. 25

-engine reliability- min. 35

-overall reliability- min. 6o we cant afford to have our cars breaking and screwing our reputation!

-lap time at the airfield- less than 1:25:oo, our spy caught the rival team doing 1:25:5o, we want to beat half a second per lap or more!

here it is! i hand to you our small but powerful sedan! how great it sounds without catalizers and stuff!

PIF Challenge - Garcia C28o.zip
(20.12 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

MAKE SURE THE BORE X STROKE IS 84,6 X 84,6mm AND 2853cc IS BEING CALCULATED, THE LUA IS A BIT BUGGY, just tap the sliders up/down
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Mon May 04, 2015 2:42 pm

I've gotten the car 1:27:71 on the airfield track. I'm still tinkering around, I've squeezed 257hp/190ft.lbs out of the engine, have +14 quality max width tyres and have the car down to 1980lbs. Everything I do at this point only seems to make a 0:00:01 difference.

UPDATE: Just noticed the engine is only showing 2293cc's...

UPDATE: with the proper 2.8l displacement, I can get the car down to 1:25:63
Last edited by np1993 on Mon May 04, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
<<

victorgarcia

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon May 04, 2015 2:57 pm

told you in the PS, give a tap up then down in both stroke and bore sliders!!

once i tried a 2.3 version of this car and kept this cc like a ghost os something, always have to tap bore and stroke up/down

np1993 wrote:I've gotten the car 1:27:71 on the airfield track. I'm still tinkering around, I've squeezed 257hp/190ft.lbs out of the engine, have +14 quality max width tyres and have the car down to 1980lbs. Everything I do at this point only seems to make a 0:00:01 difference.

UPDATE: Just noticed the engine is only showing 2293cc's...
<<

victorgarcia

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 am

how is the task???

here is some engine tuning hint, the stroke is a bit big, you see? you have to gain that realiability in the carb and head! you get back more ron to raise compression and it breaths better at high rpm! actually goes better without racing exhaust and slightly restrictive pipe, it improoves mid range torque!

with the 72oo rpm limit the max speed at the gearbox is 266 instead of the original 24o from the production slower spinning engine confirm that the spacing is 49, that is the original gerbox, should say 266 kph with 72oo rpm limit and 49 spacing
Attachments
2015-05-04_00006.jpg
2015-05-04_00006.jpg (260.91 KiB) Viewed 2724 times
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue May 05, 2015 11:17 am

Gear box is still stock.

I have the suspension dialed in, if I adjust anything I gain time. I am only getting 279 horses out of the engine, using all sorts of quality sliders. Tires are +14, max width. Lightest/strongest brakes, stripped interior, etc The engine reliability and the gearbox are what are holding me back. I can't increase my rev limiter without the reliability going downhill.

Update: Lessening quality on carbs and dumping a butt tonne into valves, I can get 284hp and 230 ft. lbs, putting the exhaust down a size makes me a whole 0.30 slower

<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue May 05, 2015 11:35 am

Challange complete! 1:24:99, 25.3 safety, 35.4 engine, 60.2 overall, $15,915.02

challange complete.png
challange complete.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 2702 times

Here are my files to double check,
challangecomplete.zip
(20.15 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

<<

victorgarcia

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue May 05, 2015 1:48 pm

congratulations!!

seems you had too little downforce! your car was faster than mine at the 1st sector, as it have better acceleration, mine was a bit faster at the second, as it brakes better and have better downforce, but at the third yours was much slower, as those high speed corners can't be done at their full potential!

you exchanged downforce for top speed, but that top speed never comes, as you have to lift off at follow trough!

try to match my downforce and see what happens!!

take my files! actually i managed 1:24:84 or something

2015-05-04_00005.jpg
2015-05-04_00005.jpg (258.33 KiB) Viewed 2692 times

victorgarcia PIF challenge answer.zip
(20.34 KiB) Downloaded 170 times

have a study is this car! load the engine into yours if you want!
Previous

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions