CTC - Car Tycoon Challenge #4 - 1977 [RESULTS]

<<

Janekk

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Few Matchboxes

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:37 am

Re: CTC - Car Tycoon Challenge #4 - 1977 [RESULTS]

I overshoot production numbers A LOT. As I expected my sports car was more of a weird experiment that didn't earn that much. I guess I should stick to more reasonable cars. BTW Der Bayer are you making changes to mid sport segment?

As for front wing, what Reaper said, it's cheap sportiness boost. Frankly top speed should have bigger impact on prestige score so you don't see sub 200 km/h "super cars" like mine (it just plain makes sense too, no one cared that top speed in old Lamborghini's or in Veyron isn't practical to achieve or indeed useful for anything, it's all about begin able to say that your car can do 300, 400 km/h). "Weird" stuff like that should be reserved for purely track-day cars.

Actually if we're talking about prestige I feel, interior option should have bigger impact on it and make less difference for comfort (after all having panels out of real wood doesn't make the car more comfortable, just nicer to look at and more expensive, yes there are seats, question is just how much of a difference that makes?). Imho the bulk of comfort should come from suspension and entertainment options since that's where all that extra stuff that can break is, like heated seats or climate control. Just my 2 cents.
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Seat Ibiza 6L 1.4

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:17 am

There will be overall changes including minimum requirements for the stats.
<<

3rayman3

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Toyota Aygo

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:42 am

im so shocked that my 305kmh supercar 50k supercar did not turn a profit. My little El ViVa though pulled back my losses and gave me a bit on the side.
<<

Weasel

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2011 Opel Insignia ST 2.0 Cdti
2003 Yamaha BT 1100 Bulldog
1992 Vespa Cosa 1 LX200

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:55 am

I'm glad, that my bigger car, the Fakir made Profit, sadly my little Adrett sucked hard.
<<

darkjedi

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Passat 1.9 TDI 164 PS

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:30 am

For me it went completly the other way... I had expected my Hothatch to sell big and the GT to be just for shows, but the GT actualy sold OK and the HH was a total bust.
<<

NormanVauxhall

Assistant Lead Beta Tester

Cars: 2002 Mazda Mx-5 1.6l NBFL
2008 Toyota Prius
1971 Fiat 500 L

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:48 am

I was expecting something more from the Znopresk and something less from the BMMS... but...
I was very close to don't cover the costs with the Zap, but the Salmon was perfect. I nailed the perfect price and every single car was sold and I suppose that even I had 50k more car to sell I woulnd't be able to sell it.
ZM Automobili had a good profit after all.
ŽM-Automobili Group
Born by the fusion of Blue Marlin Motori Auto and Žnoprešk Avto in 1972.
BMMS Dolphine Mk.II and Žnoprešk Zest (1974)
Žnoprešk Z217 (1963)
Žnoprešk Zap! (1981)
<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:30 am

Janekk wrote:As for front wing, what Reaper said, it's cheap sportiness boost. Frankly top speed should have bigger impact on prestige score so you don't see sub 200 km/h "super cars" like mine (it just plain makes sense too, no one cared that top speed in old Lamborghini's or in Veyron isn't practical to achieve or indeed useful for anything, it's all about begin able to say that your car can do 300, 400 km/h). "Weird" stuff like that should be reserved for purely track-day cars.

It was actually aimed at the trackday market, but happened to do quite well in the supercar market as well
<<

xwing

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Hyundai Accent 1.4 71kW/97hp

Post Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:50 am

Well the funny thing is, I got more sportiness when I put it on the roof than in the front. And it looks better :)
I still probably put off a lot of customers by those centralised front lights :D
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:46 am

Alternative Results - New Calculations

Here are the promised unofficial results with the new calculation featuring soft limits and adjusted balancing. These limits scale with the weight on the respective stat. For the main car stats, the limits scale with how much money the buyer can spend (i.e. they are higher in the more exclusive groups) and with the game year (higher in more modern times).

Some cars suffer a lot because they didn't meet the limits. Please check out if your car met the new limits before saying that the new calculations are shit. :) It's all about if you think the new system works better than the old one and if some things should be rebalanced or not. If everything is alright, we can start the next round soon. I'm looking forward to your feedback.

Link to alternative result PDFs

<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:32 am

I like, the markets my cars sold best were the markets I aimed them at with little spillage into unrelated areas. So they make sense.
Still didn't sell out but gained some sales
<<

Der Bayer

15-Star Beta Tester
15-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:11 am

Updated the alternative results (fixed an error).
<<

VicVictory

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: A MURRICAN truck and a turbo grocery getter.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:25 am

Well that was a boon for Ardent. May have taken a bit of a hit to the high-volume Piper, but the added sales for the higher margin Olympic more than made up for it. Netting another 200mill total, all said and done.

Interestingly, I was aiming the Olympic at the GT market. My sales there shriveled up, but it looks like I picked up quite a bit in MS.

Looking forward to CTC 5 with these changes implemented!
Ardent Motors Corporation
Company ID: 1934101
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=40

Suzume Motor Manufacturing Industries
Company ID: 1975102
http://www.automationhub.net/company-catalog&companyID=60
<<

Reaper392

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:11 am

Both of my cars came top in the categories they were aimed at, so I'm all for the new scoring system :D. Its very surprising to see my sports car doing well in the GT class though because I always thought GT cars (Grand Tourers) were supposed to be sporty and comfy.

Also, I must not have noticed it before, but its nice not to be the only person with a spoiler on the front of the car :)
<<

NormanVauxhall

Cars: 2002 Mazda Mx-5 1.6l NBFL
2008 Toyota Prius
1971 Fiat 500 L

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:59 am

My BMMS is now more focused on the market I was aiming for, and the Zap! sell a bit less, but it was stronger in the C$ compact I aimed for.
I like this new calculation.
ŽM-Automobili Group
Born by the fusion of Blue Marlin Motori Auto and Žnoprešk Avto in 1972.
BMMS Dolphine Mk.II and Žnoprešk Zest (1974)
Žnoprešk Z217 (1963)
Žnoprešk Zap! (1981)
<<

GenJeFT

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2003 and a 1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon.

Post Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:16 am

I got better market share for my serious car. But I am not sure I like this better, I like the idea of performing unexpectedly well in markets I did not design for. I don't consider that to be a bad thing, unexpected maybe, but not bad. If we go for realism a real market is generally not quite as inflexible and people will buy things that have features they may not have been looking for at the time but found while looking. Granted this would stop the billionaire looking for a super car from buying a little mini crap car but I would blame that on the spouse of the individual who might want something cute or just be angry that day.

So while my car performed better in terms of market share I am not a big fan of the change. I like the mystery and the unexpected more.
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions