FAQ  •  Login

Automation Airfield Power Lap Times

<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:27 pm

Re: Automation Airfield Power Lap Times

I guess I'm not a good tuner then :D (I do just use default set-ups. I should learn)
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:25 pm

A good little bit of advice: negative camber helps ALOT. It will increase steering response at the cost of straight line stability, among other things.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:48 pm

chlumsky wrote:what mods were used?

I really don't know the mods, I mean, I don't know which ones are vanilla and which ones I downloaded... But, for the car, I can recognize a few mods. I used some vents from Znoproesk and a hellcat grille from VMO.

strop wrote:Speaking of which, modern cars have a minimum safety requirement. For Gasmea it's 35, for Fruinia it's 40. I don't know about Archana but I'd suggest that safety status of the car is mandatory if it's to be production legal.
I second this, maybe we should be posting a screenshot of the markets so we can see it is actually a production car that is sellable/saleable (uses regular/premium fuel, safety, footprint and all of that).
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:12 pm

Sillyworld wrote:
chlumsky wrote:what mods were used?

I really don't know the mods, I mean, I don't know which ones are vanilla and which ones I downloaded... But, for the car, I can recognize a few mods. I used some vents from Znoproesk and a hellcat grille from VMO.

strop wrote:Speaking of which, modern cars have a minimum safety requirement. For Gasmea it's 35, for Fruinia it's 40. I don't know about Archana but I'd suggest that safety status of the car is mandatory if it's to be production legal.
I second this, maybe we should be posting a screenshot of the markets so we can see it is actually a production car that is sellable/saleable (uses regular/premium fuel, safety, footprint and all of that).

Well, markets screen will only show you that it is saleable in a region. You can deduce a max fuel from this, but none of the rest is actually going to be displayed. The details tab on the results page will show you the fuel type, and if you see the engine results page it will tell you everything about the engine. There isn't a single place for all of the information you'd like to see. I don't even know if footprint is actually displayed anywhere, other than a score in the details sub-tabs. I don't mind posting 28 pics of my cars, but it's a lot to ask of everybody. The overview results page should be quite sufficient, as it lists all of the really pertinent details, save for fuel type. Maybe the engine results, the results overview tab, and the track time would qualify the cars, and it is only 3 screenshots. Having said this, here is my markets tab:

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:50 pm

I think that it's okay to keep posting certain information optional, however, what I'm thinking to do with my own leaderboard is to designate which entries have all the relevant information available (either through screenshots or having sent the car in directly) with a separate colour.

It's interesting, how a year and a half ago I was posting cars with one goal: to make the cars go as fast around the track as possible. Now I've transitioned to obsessing over how to balance this while keeping my company viable.

Speaking of which, I did a quick 5 minute build and made a cheap car that can go improbably fast around Airfield to verify that yes, chlumsky's car is well more than doable (and for half the price, at that). I've attached the various information here which proves it is quite easy to do:

2016-01-03_00002.jpg
2016-01-03_00002.jpg (279.61 KiB) Viewed 15188 times

The trick is, use really cheap materials. Why carbon fiber? Just go with alu/steel and fiberglass! Vented discs work just as well and cost way less, same with using Mg wheels instead. Sports seats and entertainment? Also very expensive if all you want to do is go fast! I was not able to replicate the power curve of chlumsky's car (the redline is 5800rpm, I'm not used to that). Also the top speed of the car is much higher and I suspect that's because I just geared the car to the theoretical top speed as opposed to gearing it for Airfield. And of course this has nothing to do with what's actually in the other car, but more as a proof of concept where you can make a 'production' car for cheap that goes really fast, but you'll never know just how nasty it is to live with.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:53 pm

That's a really expensive "cheap" car!!!!! For $77k I could buy my car 4 times over and have change to spare. hahaha
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:55 pm

For 77k, you could also lap Airfield, park the car, and be having Devonshire tea by the time your Cobalt finishes the lap :P

(yes yes I know, I say 'cheap' as in relative to those ridiculous CF builds I fancy. Even 150k for a full CF body and panels isn't... that... expensive...)
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:04 pm

I think my little Cobalt might just make you shit your pants, strop. ;)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:23 pm

Depends on how you drive it, I suppose. My brother driving his Hyundai Elantra could make me shit my pants if he gets any more unintentional air :lol:
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:12 pm

if you get that scared in a car, you guys might shit your hearts out on a motorcycle going the same speed/pace
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:56 pm

It's not about how fast you go, it's about how well you control it bro ;)
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:12 pm

well.... that.... and type of vehicle matters.....

doing 60 in a normal car is meh, but going 60 in a cv2 might be a different experience

so is on a bike. 60 on a high capacity bike is fine. 45 on a moped, "OH GOD IM SO GONNA DIE!!!"
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:51 pm

True, doing 60 in an MX-5 with the roof down kept me awake on the highway. Doing 60 in my Civic, with its Lexus-like levels of sound insulation and windows tinted to maximum legal amount, I might as well be in a sensory deprivation tank.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:24 am

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:44 am

ole Beany oughtta used that trick before he binned his F1, twice :lol:

oops, I think I went too far, didn't I...
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions