FAQ  •  Login

Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge(reviews published)

<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge (Open for entri

Puffster wrote:
07CobaltGirl wrote:Expect a second car from me, for fun, if that is alright. I built something more akin to what strop submitted, but couldn't get the numbers to all line up. Either reliability went below 75 (WTF with 65+ on the engine!?!?!?), the cost drove north of 33k (OMG the markup!!!), or the drivability dropped to the 30s, not matter what I tried. It's very, very close though!

I just noticed this, sorry for not seeing earlier, but in the spreadsheet I forgot to remove the drivability>40 as I did not set it in the rules. This is my fault, really sorry about that. If you or anyone else want 24 more hours because of this it is not a problem on my behalf.

haha well I sent you the car I was referring to already....as the expo version. It's the one that looks more like strops car.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:48 pm

07CobaltGirl wrote:I just sent you an exposition entry. I'm sure strop is pushing 350km/h with his...that Aussie rat...ermmmm...wizard(?) that he is, so it probably still won't beat his. It was the first car I built but couldn't meet all the requirements, so I scrapped it for the one you already saw. ;)

Lol, 350km/h from a 1.8L turbo in a car that costs 22000 w/o markup would be quite the wizardry indeed :lol: But I am probably going to take a big hit from the power tax...
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:36 pm

strop wrote:
07CobaltGirl wrote:I just sent you an exposition entry. I'm sure strop is pushing 350km/h with his...that Aussie rat...ermmmm...wizard(?) that he is, so it probably still won't beat his. It was the first car I built but couldn't meet all the requirements, so I scrapped it for the one you already saw. ;)

Lol, 350km/h from a 1.8L turbo in a car that costs 22000 w/o markup would be quite the wizardry indeed :lol: But I am probably going to take a big hit from the power tax...

1.8! Mine is only 1.0! And not sure where the "power tax" will kick in...I hope it won't effect me.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Re: Young Norwegian Car Enthusiast Challenge (closed, review

Yeah, it was all the penalties that were getting me concerned:

Fuel Economy (250/consumtion)
Heavily weighted (x 1,25): ...Number of cylinders (Number of cylinders x -3)
Normally weighted (x 1,00): ...Running Costs (Running Costs/100 x -1), Hp Penalty ((Hp - 100)/10 x -1), Displacement Penalty (((Displacement - 1800cc)/100) x -4)
Lightly weighted: (x 0,75): ...Emissions (Emissions/2 x -1)

So I figured let's make a 1800cc engine to avoid the displacement penalty. A turbo with the right boost and gearing will get a nice fuel economy and keeping the car a bit lighter with less seats will lose me utility, yes, but it will help the emissions. Though it'll probably still lose heaps of points compared to the other cars, not to mention that it has 240hp so I'll lose a massive 24 points for that! So I don't expect it to be that competitive for the challenge itself. On the plus side it's like 3 minutes faster than the benchmark car around Green Hell, so hopefully the tradeoff will be worth it. This was supposed to be the car for the enthusiast after all.
<<

koolkei

Cars: a mini 2 wheeled single cyl car :D

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:57 pm

well then..... my car is.... i think.... an enthusiast wannabe.
although it's an inline 6 it's only a 1.6l. sooooo tiny tiny pistons.
and im only making about a third of what strop is making.
also hot hatch is really not suitable to be utes

plus side is... slightly on the cheap and economical side means im pretty sure mine is competitive.

oh wait. dang. closed. meant to fix that rear taillights.....
just pretend the current car that i submitted have the tailights that i posted yesterday would you puffster?? :P

update: well it's closed. might as well post my car here

YNEC-Koolkei - YNEC- Tiara Mega-1.png
YNEC-Koolkei - YNEC- Tiara Mega-1.png (943.71 KiB) Viewed 3439 times

YNEC-Koolkei - YNEC- Tiara Mega-2.png
YNEC-Koolkei - YNEC- Tiara Mega-2.png (929.53 KiB) Viewed 3439 times

Tiara Mega Time.png
Tiara Mega Time.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 3439 times

im pretty sure im pretty talented at making econoshitboxes..... just not sporty ones.

also, 10:32,16 on green hell
Last edited by koolkei on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Mine's not exactly... sporty. Looks bold and aggressive, but isn't. 1200 cc, 99.9 hp. To be fair, I was trying to duck the penalties while keeping the car quick, but there's only so much quick you can get on such a tight budget while keeping the car under 100 hp.
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Mine's Straight from the 80's. can't remember stats, and can't be bothered checking, but I know I have 9 seats.
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Wait...what is the benchmark car's time? I thought he hadn't announced it yet!
<<

Vri404

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2000 Toyota Altezza Auto

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:22 pm

Well, I'm deffo gonna get hit hard by the Displacement tax. (2.0L i4)

Power? not so much. Only 136hp.

Fuel Efficiency? 8.17km/L

Reliability? 74.8 (Wouldn't go any higher:( )

Total Build Cost? 11,091.62

My car is somewhat shit.

*Patiently Expects a Last Place*
Salt is what 95% of children are made from, and generally 72% of forum users.

Also 82% of statistics are made up.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:53 pm

07CobaltGirl wrote:Wait...what is the benchmark car's time? I thought he hadn't announced it yet!

Huh, you're right. I pulled that one out of my arse. Or maybe I just got mixed up. I was assuming that the original car was getting something around 11:00-11:30. I think that's a fair guess for the car Puffster mentioned :P
<<

Dragawn

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A high tech sportscar consisting entirely of air!

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:04 pm

strop wrote:
07CobaltGirl wrote:Wait...what is the benchmark car's time? I thought he hadn't announced it yet!

Huh, you're right. I pulled that one out of my arse. Or maybe I just got mixed up. I was assuming that the original car was getting something around 11:00-11:30. I think that's a fair guess for the car Puffster mentioned :P

a 75 hp car with 165 mm tyres? tbh I think it'll be more like 13:00 :P Also, look carefully at the penalties, emissions is by far the worst one...although I'm regretting making my engine so big... 1.9L with 164 hp. Atleast it got 5.5L/100km
<<

asdren

Cars: BMW F20 125i M-Sport

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:04 pm

I wouldn't call my entry an enthuasiast car neither. But i am betting the winner is going to have a small turbocharged engine and a practical body.
CEO and Founder of Revera AG
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:23 pm

strop wrote:

Here's where you got the 11 minute benchmark time from Strop...

Puffster wrote:The easy way to see tire cost is change your tyre size to desired setting and keep hovering the button, Autometion will show you then. Alternately you can go into the lua file (trim i think) and look it up

And the track time, well, the benchmark car is currently over 11 mins on green hell, so i wouldn't be too worried :D [Emphasis added by HighOctaneLove, :P ]
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:31 pm

Ah, right! So I was pulling my pulling it out of my arse out of my arse, then :lol:

What are everybody's emissions like? Thanks to fancy turbo work, I was getting something like 132 for the car. I coulda slashed that by 25% if I used hypereutectic pistons but my engine revs too high. I know that's pretty good as far as Australian 2002 standards go, but in terms of Norway...
<<

HighOctaneLove

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1997 Toyota Starlet Life 3dr

Post Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:39 pm

strop wrote:What are everybody's emissions like? Thanks to fancy turbo work, I was getting something like 132 for the car. I coulda slashed that by 25% if I used hypereutectic pistons but my engine revs too high. I know that's pretty good as far as Australian 2002 standards go, but in terms of Norway...

Mine emits 107 units of pollution but doesn't have a turbo or a sweet coupe body, :lol:
Bogliq Automotive #1929007
Leeroy Racecraft #1930086
PreviousNext

Return to Community Challenges & Competitions