FAQ  •  Login

Changing Indicator Fixture Colors?

<<

Oreology

Cars: Car-less :(

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:55 am

Changing Indicator Fixture Colors?

Is there any way to change the color of the in-game stock indicator light fixtures (specifically the elongated oval one)?

I found that that specific fixture works great as LED daytime-running lights in the white version, but I was wondering if anyone could make it so that, there is a 3rd option - a red light, so I could use it for rear LED lights? (IMO they look better than the stock red tail lights as they're more vibrant/bright)

If no one would want to add a new fixture re-color for this specific indicator, could you please show me how to do it in 3DS Max? (I'm assuming that's what you would use)

Thanks in advance!
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:08 am

Re: Changing Indicator Fixture Colors?

Oreology wrote:Is there any way to change the color of the in-game stock indicator light fixtures (specifically the elongated oval one)?

I found that that specific fixture works great as LED daytime-running lights in the white version, but I was wondering if anyone could make it so that, there is a 3rd option - a red light, so I could use it for rear LED lights? (IMO they look better than the stock red tail lights as they're more vibrant/bright)

If no one would want to add a new fixture re-color for this specific indicator, could you please show me how to do it in 3DS Max? (I'm assuming that's what you would use)

Thanks in advance!

I believe you could simple edit the .lua file to apply the red taillight texture to it. I'll give it a try and let you know of the result.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:23 am

Re: Changing Indicator Fixture Colors?

So, I tried applying a red taillight texture to the glass through the .lua file, and...
...I created a monster.

You'd have to go into 3ds Max file to give the red glass material to the texture export, but the game files aren't editable that way. Could be worth suggesting to the devs to give the indicators a red colour option as well, especially since a lot of cars in North America have red indicators on the rear quarter panels.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum