FAQ  •  Login

Mid engined car body that will fit proper sized V12s

<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:37 am

Mid engined car body that will fit proper sized V12s

I've found with the new V12 update, that no modern mid engined cars will take anything over 5 liters transverse. Can we get a nice sized super/hypercar body that will take up to 8 liter V12s longitudinally? This is a missing body right now.
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:54 am

Re: Mid engined car body that will fit proper sized V12s

I concur, something with a shape like the Lamborghini Murciélago would be a nice addition.

I've already got a couple projects on the go and can't tackle that right now (and I don't think I yet have the skill for a body with that level of detail).
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:03 pm

Diax1324 wrote:I've found with the new V12 update, that no modern mid engined cars will take anything over 5 liters transverse. Can we get a nice sized super/hypercar body that will take up to 8 liter V12s longitudinally? This is a missing body right now.

Who needs more than 5 litres in a transverse configuration? Just make them longitudinal, which is what most supercars have.
<<

thecarlover

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:13 pm

Leonardo9613 wrote:
Diax1324 wrote:I've found with the new V12 update, that no modern mid engined cars will take anything over 5 liters transverse. Can we get a nice sized super/hypercar body that will take up to 8 liter V12s longitudinally? This is a missing body right now.

Who needs more than 5 litres in a transverse configuration? Just make them longitudinal, which is what most supercars have.

The mid-engined cars have even less longitutional space, that's the issue here. The large McLaren body can only fit a 5 and some litre V8 longitutionally, and I can only imagine how small a V12 would need to be to fit.

<<

UMGaming

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: None :(

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:20 pm

thecarlover wrote:
Leonardo9613 wrote:

The mid-engined cars have even less longitutional space, that's the issue here. The large McLaren body can only fit a 5 and some litre V8 longitutionally, and I can only imagine how small a V12 would need to be to fit.

the large mclaren bady can fit a 8 liter v8 when its rwd longitudinal
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:57 pm

But definitely the length of the bay will mean it can't fit as large a v12.

I believe porting the game to the new engine means that bay size is affected by morphing though, which will go a long way to rectifying this.
<<

thecarlover

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:12 pm

strop wrote:But definitely the length of the bay will mean it can't fit as large a v12.

I believe porting the game to the new engine means that bay size is affected by morphing though, which will go a long way to rectifying this.

True, it will be good when that gets implemented... unfortunately the McLaren engine bay isn't morphable :lol: The way it works now, mid engine placement is determined by the rear firewall position in the .lua, so the firewalls would have to move when morphing the doors of cars to change the size of the engine bay within the wheelbase.

<<

randomone

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None! :D

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:33 pm

We do need some type of hypercar body that can actually fit a 6 liter v12 in it while still being small enough to aerodynamically allow F1 replicas with appropriate top speeds.
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:18 pm

Leonardo9613 wrote:

No, what I'm saying is that larger engines do not fit longitudinally (with pushrod suspension at least). I have to put them in transversely.
<<

Daffyflyer

Developer - Lead Artist
Developer - Lead Artist

Cars: 1993 Mazda Lantis Type R V6 Racecar, 2006 BMW 530i

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:34 pm

Yeah, the current mid engine supercar body isn't really all that huge, more like F430/MP412 size in engine bay terms, rather than something with a bigger engine bay like an Enzo or Zonda. That's a gap we need to fill.
3d Artist, Game Designer, Marketing Guy

Follow us on
Twitter - http://twitter.com/AutomationGame
ModDB - http://www.moddb.com/games/automation
Facebook - http://goo.gl/omJzt
Chat http://automationgame.com/irc

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum