FAQ  •  Login

I Have/Can Make Car+Fixture Models - Who Can Import Them?

<<

TauSigmaNova

Cars: I'm a teenager in NYC, you think I have a car?

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:33 am

I Have/Can Make Car+Fixture Models - Who Can Import Them?

Like I said in the title - I can model. I started modelling as a young kid and still do model in Autodesk Inventor, Google Sketchup, and sometimes Autodesk 3DS Max. I'd love to put some of them in game in Automation, but I've never been good at rigging/UV mapping etc and I honestly just don't want to bother with the process of getting the models ready for automation. Would anyone like to maybe help some of my things see the light of day? I'd love to maybe make some custom rims, lights, wings, and even bodies if anyone could import them and get them set up so they could be released to the public.
<<

BassixDnB

Cars: None currently.

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Re: I Have/Can Make Car+Fixture Models - Who Can Import Them

TauSigmaNova wrote:Like I said in the title - I can model. I started modelling as a young kid and still do model in Autodesk Inventor, Google Sketchup, and sometimes Autodesk 3DS Max. I'd love to put some of them in game in Automation, but I've never been good at rigging/UV mapping etc and I honestly just don't want to bother with the process of getting the models ready for automation. Would anyone like to maybe help some of my things see the light of day? I'd love to maybe make some custom rims, lights, wings, and even bodies if anyone could import them and get them set up so they could be released to the public.

If you have 3ds max 2013, use that. That's what the exporter currently is compatible with.
<<

TauSigmaNova

Post Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:09 pm

BassixDnB wrote:
TauSigmaNova wrote:Like I said in the title - I can model. I started modelling as a young kid and still do model in Autodesk Inventor, Google Sketchup, and sometimes Autodesk 3DS Max. I'd love to put some of them in game in Automation, but I've never been good at rigging/UV mapping etc and I honestly just don't want to bother with the process of getting the models ready for automation. Would anyone like to maybe help some of my things see the light of day? I'd love to maybe make some custom rims, lights, wings, and even bodies if anyone could import them and get them set up so they could be released to the public.

If you have 3ds max 2013, use that. That's what the exporter currently is compatible with.

Yeah, I know the exporter works with 3ds Max but I don't want to go through the whole UV/Rigging/LUA process - I prefer to stick to the modelling itself, which is why I'm asking if anyone wants to collaborate on some parts for the game.
<<

TauSigmaNova

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:19 am

Anyone? I'd love to put a few bodies in-game along with some fixtures and I have models ready but I'd love if someone could help me import them into the game.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:13 am

You should show us some pictures of your work.
<<

TauSigmaNova

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:20 am

Haven't done car-related work in forever, but here. A lot of my best has been done in Sketchup, but I do work in Inventor and 3DS too.
SU-27 done as a school project for a CNC mill
[img]puu.sh/juji4/62f923ebef.png[/img]

Most of it's too complex for what I expect is normal for automation, but yeah.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:43 am

I was mainly speaking about the things you made for automation, preferably with the mesh visible.

Also, I would seriously recommend that you try making the whole thing by yourself. You can model, and I am pretty sure you would be able to do the rigging properly with Andrew's videos, and the help of other modders who often hang around on IRC.

The rest is quite easy to do, especially since the LUA files are pretty much plain text.

And IMHO, being bad at it is not at excuse to not try. Before January, I had zero experience with 3D modelling software of any kind, with the exception of CAD software like CATIA V5.

And now my workshop is full of mods, and a lot of the stuff I made is now in the vanilla game.

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum