<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Thu May 14, 2015 3:56 am

Re: Maffc's 3D Stuff

ohm1996 wrote:the game still lacks 50s Coupe Utilities

You might want to wait for the next update ;)
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sportiva

Post Thu May 14, 2015 6:33 am

Hi,

thank you for the feedback, my responses are below.

ohm1996 wrote:Here is my feedback for the 50s Sedan

Morphing Area: The upper-front windscreen is unmorphable, you had to fix it.
The initial attempts did not produce nice looking results, however I shall re-visit and see what can be done.
Car Body: The wheel arch is smaller than the 40s small Saloon/Sedan, so it need to be larger.
The real life inspiration is actually much smaller than the real life inspiration for the 40s sedan (L: 3.4m W: 1.39m H: 1.47m vs L: 3.76m W: 1.52m H: 1.52m) so it stands to reason the wheelarches are smaller. Add to that, the rear wheel is semi-enclosed.
Body Styles: We need a 2-door Coupe Utility and Convertible in addition to 2-door Saloon/Sedan, 2-door Estate/Wagon, 4-door Saloon/Sedan, because the game still lacks 50s Coupe Utilities and 50s Convertibles.
the Real life inspiration had - 4 door sedan, 2 door sedan, 2 door wagon, 2 door van & a 2 door Pick-up/ute (for real). I intend to be inspired by all these variants and also i'll try make up a Convertible. Not sure about 4 door wagon, there generally wasn't any for the time period and size of car, but I might give it a go, it could be interesting.
Anyway, this car would be a worthy addition, because the game lacks 50s small and medium cars.
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 am

Re: Maffc's 3D Stuff (Old Fashioned Domed Lights added 14/5/

1940s+ Domed Taillights and Indicators***Please note this mod is no longer available for download as it is included in the base game***
I've taken a small break from working on my 1950s small sedan to create these old fashioned domed taillights and indicators/side lights.

There are 3 varieties for each colour, Chrome, body and black coloured edges.

Taillights
Extract Zip contents to \Automation\assets\meshes\carparts\TailLights (Folder location varies depending if you are a steam user or not)

Indicators
Extract Zip contents to \Automation\assets\meshes\carparts\Indicators (Folder location varies depending if you are a steam user or not)
Last edited by maffc on Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Fri May 15, 2015 9:56 am

Nice ones.
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 am

Hi All

I have now uploaded the full pack for the 1950s small Sedan, details here > http://www.automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5544&p=71894#p71894
I also managed to create (as requested by ohm1996) a Cabrio and a 5 door estate variants. They look surprisingly better than I expected. I didn't think the body type woulds support them.

regards

Maffc
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:29 am

Re: Maffc's 3D Stuff updated 31/05/15

Great!
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:50 am

Very nice work. IMHO a very good example of properly done variant spam.

There are a few minor things that could be fixed, I'll send you the details but I have to ask something to Caswal/Andrew first about cargo subtracts.

Although I have some comments to make about the box of the pickup and I'll post this publicly as advice for other people.

First thing I have to say, the way you made it looks very nice by itself, the problem is when you take it and use it in-game.

The first issue is with the thickness of the walls, which are very thin in your case.

This causes issues when fixtures are installed, as they will tend to clip through the box. While you don't have to make them thicker everywhere, and they can still be quite thin at the top w/o too many issues, like on the not-El Camino, I would recommend moving the inside walls a bit further inside the box, and verifying that there are not too many problems with clipping.

In your case due to the very pronounced curve of the outside walls, you should be able to make something very nice w/o too many problems and w/o making the walls look super beefy like on this thing I am working on.

The other problem is with the platform clipping through the box. Due to how the game works, you have to adjust the geometry at the bottom to reduce clipping as much as possible. Personally I just adjust both the arches and the very bottom of the box until I don't get too much clipping. IIRC, in the case of the 80s not-El Camino, the only setup that clips through is multi-link rear suspension.
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:34 pm

Cheers trackpad. It was a judgement call on the pick up box as to how much to I adjust to fit the chassis. I was starting to get concerned as to how little space there was left. I'll probably revise.
Incidentally the tiny box size was a factor in the real life variant being discontinued.

I'm interested to know what you find out about cargo subtracts. I took a guess at those being for cargo variants. It certainly does alter the cargo/passenger space values
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:56 am

Yeah, I was able to talk with caswal and it should be used for pretty much all hatchbacks/wagons and similar cars.

The game calculates the passenger space by taking the top box, as defined in the lua, and dragging it to the bottom of the car.

If the cargo box is, for the most part, within that space, cargo substracts should be True.
<<

maffc

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:24 am

ooh, well in that case I think I need to revise all my hatch and estate bodies, lol
Cheers for investigating.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:38 am

Also, for pickups, if you ask me the current situation isn't super great, especially for very small pickups like this or the mini-truck.

But IMHO it looks much better to have a small looking box than having platform bits clipping through.

I know Andrew used a different approach with the 80s pickup but since the shape of the platform changes depending on the suspension setup, IMHO it doesn't look super great in some cases.

Best solution would probably be reworking the platforms so the upper surface is almost always the same shape, so a solution like Andy's would look nicer. But that might not be really worth it.
Previous

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum