Trackpaduser's mods

<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 am

Re: Trackpaduser's mods

TrackpadUser wrote:Full lineup.
The front end fits very well with most Japanese 80s compact cars, so I'll try to make a bunch of stuff out of it.
A sedan and notchback coupe are in the plans for sure. There might also be things like hatchbacks, wagons, a 5 door fastback, and maybe even a convertible and a UTE.

This is what I like about you. Plus. The way the game is made there will be a huge benefit to using the same body to make a bunch of completely different trims.
Actually it's a good point. After the tycoon is launch, how many people will use the single variant bodies?
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:46 am

Fairly sure that adding variants to many of the models is in the devs plans, especially when we consider that most of the bodies added in the latest patch are new variants or rescaled versions of old bodies.
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:21 am

Glad I've got variants to most of my mods for that. I could maybe add a removable hardtop or something to my supercar bodies for more variety, and maybe even a T-top to the 80s one.
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:25 am

thecarlover wrote:Glad I've got variants to most of my mods for that. I could maybe add a removable hardtop or something to my supercar bodies for more variety, and maybe even a T-top to the 80s one.

T-Top Trans Sport pls
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

thecarlover

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:28 am

Awildgermanappears wrote:
thecarlover wrote:Glad I've got variants to most of my mods for that. I could maybe add a removable hardtop or something to my supercar bodies for more variety, and maybe even a T-top to the 80s one.

T-Top Trans Sport pls

That'd be a sight :lol: I have considered making a version with glass roof sections, since I don't know if we'll get sunroofs at some point.

<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:30 am

I know Felgen made a bunch of sun roof fixtures a while ago, although I don't think they are on the workshop ATM.
<<

thecarlover

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:32 am

TrackpadUser wrote:I know Felgen made a bunch of sun roof fixtures a while ago, although I don't think they are on the workshop ATM.

They are, but there's an issue with the file structure, so they don't appear in-game. And since the workshop auto-updates, any changes to the file structure return to default when restarting the game.

<<

rcracer11m

Cars: oldsmobile alero

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:25 am

TrackpadUser wrote:and a UTE.

You can never have enough utes. I'd really like to see a modern ute body added to the game as they are, quite frankly, awesome.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:01 pm

rcracer11m wrote:
TrackpadUser wrote:and a UTE.

You can never have enough utes. I'd really like to see a modern ute body added to the game as they are, quite frankly, awesome.

PLZ MAKE IT. NOW.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

KA24DE

Cars: 2000 Nissan Altima

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:02 am

TrackpadUser wrote:Full lineup.

The front end fits very well with most Japanese 80s compact cars, so I'll try to make a bunch of stuff out of it.

A sedan and notchback coupe are in the plans for sure. There might also be things like hatchbacks, wagons, a 5 door fastback, and maybe even a convertible and a UTE.

A very versatile body indeed. I have to ask though if a notchback coupe version is really necessary; since the current one can be morphed into a notchback with ease. A UTE based upon this body would certainly be an interesting sight. My only complaint about this body is the limited wheel width; and the very thin wheel arches that honestly don't look very good when extended. That aside though, I really like it.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:42 pm

The thing is that it still isn't really a notchback, and if you ask me it doesn't look that great when you try to make it into one.

As for the flares, they look decent as long as you stay within the limits of what is reasonable for the purpose of this shell and future variants, which is to make some 80s econoboxes and entry level sports cars.

I could try making the arches morph like the arches on a the golf, but I don't think that will look very good either.
<<

thecarlover

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:15 pm

I haven't tried it out yet, but it looks good... closest thing to my dad's old 1985 Celica :D The notchback will definitely be a nice addition, and easy to make a convertible from that for yet another variant. I figure those will probably end up looking a lot like the Celica of the time?
Last edited by thecarlover on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:18 pm

It will probably look like the notchback version of the AE86.
<<

Jastrzab1984

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:55 am

On the first page You have "Hummer" project. What happens with this? Will we see it workshop?

TrackpadUser wrote:Image
Barth Motors information page
http://barthautomation.blogspot.com/
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:34 am

Considering that it was one of my very earlier models, meaning it might be just easier to redo it from scratch instead of trying to fix all the problems it has, as well as the issues caused by the ramp angle at the front when it comes to putting the model in the game, as well as my lack of interest for the car, it is safe to say I will probably never finish it.

Anyway, in other news, I have been asked nicely to make a rear engined deathtrap for the BRC 1976, so here is a progress pic.

Since I don't want to put the corolla project on ice for too long, I might release it with limited morphs and only one variant for the BRC, then go back to the Corolla and then back to this thing when the Corolla is far enough along.

Talking about the Corolla, the notchback's mesh is pretty much finished, I pretty much only need to do the morphs and UVMapping now, but it will probably have to wait until the other thing is done.
PreviousNext

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum