FAQ  •  Login

Trackpaduser's mods

<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:49 am

Re: Trackpaduser's mods [Now with a Group C Prototype]

trackpaduser wrote:Yeah, I don't know if there is a way to change the height of the engine bay.

Likely not, the shape of the car kind of dictates the engine bay height. It fist a 7.5 liter v8, so its still pretty ample

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2006 Suzuki Swift+

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:08 am

Still, that's a question I'll ask to the devs when they come back from their trip.

More out of curiosity than anything else.

I mean, you can probably fit a 2000hp V8 in it with double wishbone suspension, with the width being the limitation.

I don't even want to imagine what's going to be possible with V10s and V12s.
<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:17 am

That is a sweet looking body, Trackpaduser.

But there must be some problem with the aero values, or something fundamentally unbalanced about this car's geometry. Because I can't make it very fast. Using the biggest NA I could fit, with 1250 hp, this car barely squeezes under 1:12 on the Airfield track. And even putting the 2000 hp engine from my BSLL car and AWD, it still is 20 seconds slower than the estate with that engine.

That isn't what I was expecting, at all, from this car.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:47 am

Its lift coefficients are better than the 10s large mid engined supercar, but the drag coefficient is higher at .285, compared to .23 for the mid engined supercar.

It also has a slightly larger surface area.

As for where the values come from, I used this: http://hpwizard.com/aerodynamics.html as suggested in Daffy's video tutorials.

I also checked the values for other cars in the game and I have to say that the values for some of the 00s to 10s cars seem to be slightly over optimistic, with a few cars having a Cd of .23 and some, like the two 00s sedans, going as low as .217.

Here are some real world examples as reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile ... oefficient

Still, i'll try to find the values of LMPs with no downforce, but that might be an issue.
<<

Cheeseman

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Cars: 2007 Ford Focus 1.8 TDCI Ghia

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:12 am

Yeah, I noticed some cars are a bit off. The Jag XF body is too high, the 00s sedan is too low. I have more "ideal" drag coefficient versions of the Corvette-like and Jag XF body for my cars.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:25 am

The Corvette body isn't too bad at .29, which makes sense depending on how generous you are with the various settings in the calculator.

Same with the sedan, at .338, although it is a bit high compared to similar RL cars.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:03 am

That said, having applied some of the principles that were applied to the large vanilla MR body (in terms of tyre widths and downforce settings) does yield times in the low 1:09s with a fair bit of room to move, so trackpaduser's predictions that this may be the platform for a record-tilt seems like it may come true! But I have to say, for some reason, the downforce requirements in this car are far more finnicky than the original MR body. It's really easy to blow the tyres!
<<

DylanBP15

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:22 am

Can someone tell me where to put the files, please?
- Dylan P.
<<

vmo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A undestructable Toyota with 1ZR FAE engine, Honda Civic VTi EG6, Mazda RX7 fc

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:34 am

DylanBP15 wrote:Can someone tell me where to put the files, please?

Yep. In your drive unit tht you had installed Automation (commonly, C unit), enter in the unit, and you need to change in the folder options, the option to unhide the hide folders (you can look in Google these step).

Go to Program Data, and enter in the Automation folder. enter in the both folders (because I can't remember the correct name of folder), and you will see a folder called mesh (or meshes). In this folder, you can put the bodies, grilles...
Company: Montes Cars
Company ID: 1940001
Visit the brand models http://automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3995
In AutomationHub.net: http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=18
My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/1MtRpd
<<

T16

8-Star Beta Tester
8-Star Beta Tester

Cars: AW11, 405 T16

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:14 am

Are the bodies cd values not without the cooling package? if so that would explain why some bodies values seem to be rather low.
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:22 am

You are right.

There is still a lack of uniformity. The large 10's sedan and the 00's sedans should have similar Cds.

Anyway, the aero will probably stay the same for the LMP, unless something changes in the way the aero values for the game are calculated. With proper cooling and max downforce the values are similar to the info I could find for high downforce setups on LMPs.

@strop

What kind of magic tricks did you use?
Best time I got is 1:10.45 and that's after I modded the bones.lua file to fit 505s at the back.
<<

EnryGT5

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: '01 Ford Focus 1.8 TDdi
'10 Citroen C3 1.6 HDi

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:40 am

trackpaduser wrote:You are right.

There is still a lack of uniformity. The large 10's sedan and the 00's sedans should have similar Cds.

Anyway, the aero will probably stay the same for the LMP, unless something changes in the way the aero values for the game are calculated. With proper cooling and max downforce the values are similar to the info I could find for high downforce setups on LMPs.

@strop

What kind of magic tricks did you use?
Best time I got is 1:10.45 and that's after I modded the bones.lua file to fit 505s at the back.

505's?! What is that? A tractor?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(You shouldn't go any faster with wheels weighing so much they have their own gravitational field)
CEO of Seishido Motors.
Forum Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8343

Suddenly, a temporary logo appears.
<<

HarunaSay

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Infiniti G35 Sedan

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:30 am

Re: Trackpaduser's mods [Minitruck revision 2015/01/31]

trackpaduser wrote:Small progress report:
<Insane Group C race car body>

Will we see a smaller/lighter/cuter version so people can make their own Radical SR3/Caterham SP300R competitors?
<<

TrackpadUser

2-Star Beta Tester
2-Star Beta Tester

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:41 am

I could try making a closed cockpit not radical out of it.

Although if I do make something like that, i'll probably start from scratch as the cockpit is very different.

But I have other things that I want to do for now.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:14 pm

The way I tune MRs for fast laps is to get the minimum possible downforce up front and Max possible downforce up back without breaking the game, then seeing how narrow front tyres we can get away with. The funny things about this body are: the front tyres have to be quite wide, the car does NOT tolerate lift up front at all, and the optimal suspension camber settings are quite atypical. I don't even know if I've got the sweet spot. But in stark difference to all the other cars out on the leaderboard, you can put the same tune on Green Hell and it won't just make it, it'll destroy records.

Still, a good 0.2s off the current airfield record, so I really wonder what body Jack's using, or what I'm missing...
PreviousNext

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum