<<

pyrlix

23 Star Beta Tester
23 Star Beta Tester

Cars: Alfa Romeo 159 1.9JTS
Opel Vivaro 2.0CDTI SE

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:15 am

Re: Cosworth pack

PMP1337 wrote:You do more progress alone than the developer team.

Seriously?
Are you serious here now or joking?
We have a lot more important stuff to do than making almost unlimited car bodies...
You probably noticed the lack of descriptions right? Or still a bit messy UI here and there? Or that Andrew still has a TON of cars to skin and integrate?

Look at how long Felgen needs for making a single car - he took 6 days to make the beta, which is pretty quick, my Polonez took me almost 3 weeks. I don't know how long he worked on it daily however, but from what I know Andrew is busy for 3 work days to make a car-model somewhat good and morphable, with 8h daily. Its not an easy work, and Felgen does a really great job on his side!

But right now there are WAY MORE important things than car bodies to do for the team...

You turn into the next Alfa_Dave right now.
<Killrob> you commited a lot of crimes... among others against: 1) international minimum intelligence laws 2) human rights to a brain 3) act against devolution of the human mind
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:27 am

pyrlix wrote:You turn into the next Alfa_Dave right now.

Plot twist: He is Alfa Dave with a different nickname xD

No but seriously PMP, you have no clue what you just said.
Maybe you could do some research on the internet on how DECENT games are made? You think they just sit in their bloody armchair watching TV all day and seeing their bankaccounts fill from our money?
No, they absolutely don't.

Take a look at the game you currently have. Think about all the calculations in the engine designer, every single part you see there is modelled, every animation you see has to be made, the calculations have to be converted to code... and....and.....and....

Please please please, I don't want to sound rude, but if you do not know what you are talking about, shut it.

Ontopic:
As for Felgen, yes he is doing a decent job. I'm currently trying to make these fixtures that go with the car (see image) and get them to work ingame.
We try to get the standard fixtures and the sporty fixtures all there in the complete Ford Cosworth pack, so please be patient as we try to make this as complete as possible! :D

Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:41 am

I was thinking whether I should reply to this or not, but I will.

PMP1337: The constructive criticism is good, but constantly taking shots at other members and the dev team is simply unnecessary. It's not that it's bad to give a negative opinion, but it's the manner in which you give those opinions that have to stop. Seriously, the developers have 100 other things that hold a higher priority than making bodies. If they focused their time on making bodies and releasing them just to feed your personal needs, the game would never get done. That's exactly why Andy produced the 3D modelling tutorials, so they can utilise the skills of the community to provide additional content while the devs focus their time on more pressing matters.

You just take things to far, just be careful. Too many posts like these and a ban wouldn't be out of the question. This forum is the best thing related to Automation, and as such, people like to see the forum and it's users and posts filled with maturity and overall well-mannered people.
<<

Kubboz

5-Star Beta Tester
5-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Skoda Felicia Combi 1.3 MPi LXi

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:04 pm

Pleb wrote:Too many posts like these and a ban wouldn't be out of the question.

He just received an official forum warning from me. I hope he stops that behavior, ya know? It's not like he's right even if we take the body making into account alone.

Now, not to derail the thread. That's some great job. I always liked the soft-top convertibles, and this is no exception.

I'd like to direct your attention at one thing that might seem irrelevant at first - the naming. It blends nicely into the vanilla naming, and while that looks all professional, it poses a significant risk of incompatibility with the next update - imagine, just hypothethically, Daffy doing some new 90's hatch (which would obviously be named 90Hatch04) and putting it in beta before you even made this thread. Or some other modder deciding on the same naming. It could cause some problems, ya know.

There is no conflict so far, and with your models being so good that they will almost definitely get in vanilla content (unless you disagree), there won't be one for work you did so far, but it is something you need to be aware of. Adding your nickname before the fixture name (or coming up with some unusual one, like "DriftvanSWB") works pretty well. :)
<<

WizzyThaMan

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Citroën Saxo, Mazda 2

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:21 pm

Thanks for pointing this out, Kubby.

We will definetly give it a suitable name that isn't copyrighted.
Founder of AutomationHub, for all your Automation needs!
Please visit us at: http://www.automationhub.net
Like our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/automationhub
Our livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/automationhub
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:31 pm

pyrlix wrote:
PMP1337 wrote:You do more progress alone than the developer team.

Seriously?
Are you serious here now or joking?

I was trying to be nice to him. He is seriously the best modder in here. His work quality is good and he creates a lot of content.
In terms of bodies he sure is pumping a lot more the the devs. Obviously the dev bodies have a better quality. The developers created the modding tutorials for a reason.
I was merely complementing Felgen on his work.

Pleb wrote:I was thinking whether I should reply to this or not, but I will.

PMP1337: The constructive criticism is good, but constantly taking shots at other members and the dev team is simply unnecessary. It's not that it's bad to give a negative opinion, but it's the manner in which you give those opinions that have to stop. Seriously, the developers have 100 other things that hold a higher priority than making bodies. If they focused their time on making bodies and releasing them just to feed your personal needs, the game would never get done. That's exactly why Andy produced the 3D modelling tutorials, so they can utilise the skills of the community to provide additional content while the devs focus their time on more pressing matters.

You just take things to far, just be careful. Too many posts like these and a ban wouldn't be out of the question. This forum is the best thing related to Automation, and as such, people like to see the forum and it's users and posts filled with maturity and overall well-mannered people.

I never attacked no-one. Never been rude to no one. All I did was express my opinion. Why should I get banned? Because I'm not one more user on the user count that keeps posting [... :shock: ] after the dev on the suggestion board to increase post count? Or posts thankful posts in here without reviewing the mods? Which rule did I inflict?

This case particularly. The mod doesn't have a thumbnail. Ever considered that probably some users want to be told about this before they DL? Or maybe they don't like DLing something until someone tells what it has and what it doesn't.
I did what I thought was an objective review. Apart from the "You do more work alone than the devs". If that offended you I take it back...

If you guys want to keep talking about be open a thread in off-topic(maybe you have, I don't visit off-topic...). What I genuinely want from you guys is to see someone being critic. The only one so far on this to do it was Microwave. He had a critic and it was even something that showed how much tough Felgen puts into his work.
Don't you see something? When you only thank people and never give opinion you never get to see why sometimes things were made the way they are and other times something could have escaped to the person that did the work.
<<

Pleb

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: I have TWO Peugeots. Please feel sorry for me.

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:07 pm

You missed my point.

I was happy with your constructive criticism, that's a good thing and a refreshing approach that I don't see often here. :) I wasn't claiming you were attacking Felgen, because you were doing quite the opposite, and Felgen has no reason to be attacked anyway. :P

What I was criticizing was the general nature of some of your posts. Often you complain thoughtlessly, or post in quite a rude manner towards some people at times. The only part of your last post that I didn't like was the comment about Felgen progressing faster than devs, solely because you put no thought into considering the immense amount of work the devs need to put into all other aspects of the game as well as car bodies.

But These are the kind of posts that generally concern me:
PMP1337 wrote:No offence to Brazilians but with what you pay for a german programmer you can get 2 or 3 brazilian ones and for them the paycheck will look alot bigger.

It's good that you at least said 'no offence', but even then, some people may take some offence to it anyway, so it would have been better to leave that part of the post out entirely, just my opinion.

Another thing I don't like is meaningless complaining:
PMP1337 wrote:I'm complaining for ALL the results on the HotHatch Group. They are wrong, don't make sense.

PMP1337 wrote:The front is great. Great use of the SLS optics. The back is crap.

PMP1337 wrote:Inserting the values by hand is such a chore.

PMP1337 wrote:I'm finishing mechanical engineering. You are preaching to the priest here.
I know all about spring compression and using SI units.
But this is a game, not an engineering software. You have to drop the scientific douchebaggery and make concessions for normal people to get a better understanding.

BTW, Dragwan, kgf is a measurement of force. So if it rustles your jimmies so much just have kgf/mm. There, just like in granturismo so people can copy setups.

PMP1337 wrote:What the hell man?! Just because I had a sider at 12 and other at 13? I even have negative sliders to compensate.

And one of my personal favourites.. :P
PMP1337 wrote:What? The cars with the most marketshare on the HotHatch group have 0 sportiness!!! That's ridiculous! :x
I feel cheated!

Sorry for all the quoted posts, but this is exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. Your blunt nature of some posts, and general complaining. And it's not just you don't worry, there's a couple of others just like this who have long since disappeared.

On the bright side, your other posts actually take quite a refreshing approach of good-natured banter and constructive criticism, which is what I was complimenting:
PMP1337 wrote:
RobtheFiend wrote:It had a all alloy DOHC 32 valve engine designed by Lotus and built by Mercruicer.

Chevy could not make such advanced engines on their own at that time. ;)

They still can't. :lol:

...jk

PMP1337 wrote:Simple but good taste. Very well done. I only dislike the chrome line at the back.

More of THIS^^ please. :D

I hope I got my point across now :P
<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:49 pm

I appreciate PMP1337's feedback, and I've used some of it for my revised version of the Lotus, which will be ready in a day or two. :)

Speaking as an engineer myself, software development is not at all what people think it is, and interaction design, debugging (this especially can be a major pain in the ass), planning, storyboards, problem solving, and so on, takes a lot more time than writing the code or modelling the cars and the parts do.
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:46 pm

Re: Felman pack (Cosworth-like)

on a more on topic note,

are the non convertible versions ready for game play yet? Forgive me if I missed the download link somewhere lol
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
<<

fordfreak

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A Golf Buggy!

Post Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:33 pm

can i download the cosworth pack ????
<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:22 am

You can download the convertible. :) The other bodystyles are coming, but there are some bugs that need to be taken care of first.
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:11 pm

any updates on the non convertible?
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:08 am

supraman wrote:any updates on the non convertible?

I am equally curious

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
Previous

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum