FAQ  •  Login

Giorgetto Giugiaro style 70's sportscar (Download)

<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:06 am

Re: Giorgetto Giugiaro style 70's sportscar (Download)

PMP1337 wrote:I tried the body, for a first body it's very good. It has some good things and some flaws. You should improve it when you have more time. After you make 3 or 4 bodies you should go back to this first ones and improve them.

More modifiers will be added eventually, but this takes more time in a wedge-shaped 70's car than in a curvaceous 60's car or a jellybean 90's car.
<<

CNSpots1

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:09 am

Only thing I can see wrong with it is that the chassis is visible below the rear bumper, which is more a fitting issue than a body issue and I'm not entirely sure it can be remedied due to the design of the car designer..

I wish I could place actual headlights on the slope before the bumper, but that's more of a personal preference. IE, it's not a problem and it's not even a request.
<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:18 am

CNSpots1 wrote:Only thing I can see wrong with it is that the chassis is visible below the rear bumper, which is more a fitting issue than a body issue and I'm not entirely sure it can be remedied due to the design of the car designer..

I'm well aware of that, but the monocoque chassis is not made with wedge-shaped cars in mind.

I wish I could place actual headlights on the slope before the bumper, but that's more of a personal preference. IE, it's not a problem and it's not even a request.

This is because of technical limitations (you can't place headlights on surfaces that slope too much), and it was the main idea behind my popup headlamp pack. :P
<<

Felgen

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 am

strop wrote:The one comment I would make, again from a selfish point of view, is that finding ventilation for this car is fairly difficult (that is, if putting in an engine that requires ridiculous amounts of cooling, which, in general, I do.) If it were possible to add a morph point for the bottom of the rear window, such that more space opened up like in the other MR car bodies (see the Countach for a reference), that would be awesome.

Of course, that may not suit the style of the body so well, in which case, maybe that should be saved for a different body!

Something similar will be added eventually. :) You can place a grille or a vent at the rearmost place on the roof and get a lot of cooling, though.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:28 am

Yeah, shame you can't place lights on the slope. Would've loved to make it look something like the Countach, but no complaints honestly, the pop up headlights are great.
<<

PMP1337

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Fiat Brava

Post Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:48 am

Kubboz wrote:
PMP1337 wrote:It has some good things and some flaws.

Elaborate.

I really like the shape, It's spot on with the original except for that "wall" in the front. I understand that it is there so we can put grilles there and that it covers the frame. But I would like to model it like in the original Lotus Esprit where it exists but more to the front. Also the wheel arches form strangely but I like that choice because for the other kind of flares you already have the aw11 body.
Some people are complaining about the monocoque sticking out the back but I actually like that. I would love a body that let us place the engine in a maner that the gearbox/diff almost comes out like in the sesto elemento. I already suggested transparent windows for cars so we can see the engine. Since the engines are so well modelled the game needs more options to show that in cars.
I really like that the body was designed in a way that it almost forces you to use transverse engine in the back because that is actually how the original car his. I like when the game makes you follow realistic options.
Felgen wrote:More modifiers will be added eventually, but this takes more time in a wedge-shaped 70's car than in a curvaceous 60's car or a jellybean 90's car.

Basically yes, more modifiers would solve most flaws, has someone say, a bone in the lower part of the rear window would be nice.
Previous

Return to 3d Artists Modding Forum