Post Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:56 am

Re: Nürburg GP-Strecke Circuit

That's right, the M3 E92 might be a sporty version of a sports saloon, but in all honesty it isn't that blisteringly quick. Even the cornering G figures are in the right ballpark, and I'm using as close as I can get to the correct tyre configuration. On other tracks the times seemed reasonable. That said, the official time for the M3 E92 on Nordschleife is in fact around 8:05, but that's on the 20600m course and what I assume is a flying lap, meaning of course one has to add a total of 15 seconds or so to that time, and after that this car's time seems reasonable (though for some funny reason when I run it on the flying lap the time blows out horrendously, I haven't figured that out yet). So maybe it isn't up to scratch. I honestly don't know yet, maybe my suspension tuning was shit haha. I didn't spend much time tuning it. Also, I don't know if the rear diffuser plus lip should count as a wing, but it definitely doesn't have a wing. I don't know about whether it has an undertray, though... it looks like it might have a semi-clad undertray but I can't tell from the photos. I did forget to put one on the replica model though!

At any rate, the F1 corner speeds are insane because they run like three or four times more downforce than we possibly can currently! If I tried pulling 250km/h through Schumacher S, I think it would be the sand traps very quickly. And I'm positive the F1 course uses the tighter chicane, it's possible to go through that at 100 (if you're in an F1 car, and cut the kerbs like crazy).