07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Request a (real world) track here

07CobaltGirl wrote:
taoistlumberjak wrote:
07CobaltGirl wrote:
I'd be willing to tackle this, but I have other things to finish first. That would be a BIG project. I DO love Le Mans, however! ;) If you PM me some elevation data to use (or links) and maps, it would make it easier (unless you don't have all of that yet).

Haha, there's the problem I ran into. There's decent info on the modern versions (which I hadn't yet found), but the pre-1932 configurations are a blank. I'm not too sure on which roads were part of the circuit. Heck, even after 1955 there was a shift involving the front straight, where they moved the pits around for safety reasons.

Maison Blanche: For news and history of the Le Mans 24 Hours

I assume you found this? Only a layout and length, but it is a place to start. I'm sure, in the past 90 years, the roads around the track have changed significantly (which seems to have prompted many of the layout changes in the first place), but certainly an overlay could be made from each of these and get a general idea. I will work on some of them, but it will take a while to get them right.

EDIT: Here's another similar site, but easier to view IMHO.

The Le Mans Project by Virtua_LM

First of all, my apologies for this image. It is rather large, so if you are on dialup or have bandwidth restrictions, stop now. I stitched this image from google earth to maintain some of the resolution. I then used the 1923 image as an overlay to get a track line. Here we have the 1923-1929 Le Mans Circuit:

I did not have time to make a track yet. The image will have to be sized down for use, and it will take a while as it is 17km! I can eventually do the rest of them, using basically the same map with different overlays. This project is certainly possible, but will take some time, which I do not have just at this moment. The only thing left for this map is to gather some elevations from google earth (or any other more reliable source), reduce the image, and make a track file! :)

EDIT: Image reduced to 1280x720 and the line cleaned up to match the track map more, but it will need to be rotated for a proper start. A few of the roads do not seem to connect any longer, and there is also the pesky round-about which probably didn't exist in the 1920's. Actually, with the site listed above, and this stitched map, this might not be as hard as I thought.

Only TWELVE more to go! hahaha (current track is already done by someone else). If you want, I can send you a PS file of this and you can give some of them a go? ;)
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 am

Another day off (finally!!) and up on deck are Laguna Seca, Mid ohio, and 2 F1 tracks.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:00 pm

TheTom wrote:Laguna Seca would be awesome, as well as the Algarve raceway or the Sachsenring

Done! Flying lap included (but not quite "perfect")!

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (flying lap)

I'll get to the other two eventually.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 am

USDMFTW wrote:Mid Ohio race course would be great

Done!

Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (2.4 miles w/chicanes)
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: none.... sadly

Post Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:58 pm

<<

Dragawn

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: A high tech sportscar consisting entirely of air!

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:25 am

It'd be epic if you could make this track which is like 10km from my home. It's pretty much flat except for the steep uphill immediately after the first chicane, through the gate, followed by a fast downhill left curve which ends into the second chicane.

Sorry that I can't get a lot of links here since I'm still abroad. It lays in Zolder, Belgium.
There have been a bunch of changes where the chicanes are of the track, the picture shown here is the most recent layout.
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:57 pm

Manche wrote:http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aut%C3%B3dromo_V%C3%ADctor_Borrat_Fabini

Also known as Autodromo el Pinar

https://maps.google.com.uy/maps/ms?ie=U ... dg=feature

Which configuration?
El Pinar at TheRacingLine.net

Dragawn wrote:Image

It'd be epic if you could make this track which is like 10km from my home. It's pretty much flat except for the steep uphill immediately after the first chicane, through the gate, followed by a fast downhill left curve which ends into the second chicane.

Sorry that I can't get a lot of links here since I'm still abroad. It lays in Zolder, Belgium.
There have been a bunch of changes where the chicanes are of the track, the picture shown here is the most recent layout.

Circuit Zolder added to the list! I had a tough time finding both of these tracks. ;)
<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:38 pm

Tsukuba Circuit !!!!

please and thank you :D
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:46 pm

<<

supraman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1990 eagle talon tsi fwd

1994 toyota supra na-t

1983 mustang gt turbo

1995 f150

2001 ford focus

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Oh sick thanks bud! Sorry a little behind on the custom tracks available guess I should have tried searching first!

Time to download!
Cheif Designer, and CEO of Charma Automobiles.

Company ID: 2014463
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:50 pm

Medium Road course
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:30 pm

Manche wrote:Medium Road course

Is this the right length? Google Earth isn't super reliable for measuring things. Everything about this track is in Spanish (including the link you provided), of which I speak only enough to get myself into trouble with. It's difficult to find reliable information with google translate! hahahaha This length doesn't match up with any of these configurations listed on the Wikipedia page. Gonna guess it is either 2 or 5, but I can't find the curves names anywhere on a map. A little help, please? Can you find a proper length, or a map with the curves named? I did manage to find the track! hahahaha :)

The circuit has many variants:

Number 1: Triangle formed by Veloz, Water Drop and Parador Bend. This combination is currently unused.
Number 2: original full circuit, currently 2,120 meters long, formed by the Veloz, Water Drop, the Parador Bend, the Viborita, Montlhery and Boxes curve.
Number 3: Complete circuit current, 2,680 meters long, which is replaced by Motlhéry drawer.
Number 4: locked of 1850 meters nicknamed "Potrero" Circuit. As for the number 3, the Fast is changed and the Drop of Water by the Potrero and drawer.
Issue 5: Circuit 2100 meters similar to No. 2, which is stripped Curve Boxes and added the Potrero. The entrance to pit road left after Montlhery.
Number 6: Circuit 2100 meters similar to the number 3 which is changed Curve Boxes by Potrero. The entrance to pit road after the drawer is.
Number 7:. Circuit 2120 meters premiered in 2005 After the Fast and the drop of water, you enter a mixed fork. Then flows through the Cajon and Montlhery, and returns to the backstretch for an alternative Viborita. After folding in the Parador, is returned to the main straight.
Karting A: Tracing of 1,135 meters similar to No. 4, except that between Potrero and turn the drawer around an island, you enter the backstretch through a chicane (Cradle number 7) extension and instead Parador of a hairpin curve taken before Montlhery.
Karting B: A reduced version of karting 950 meters long, made ​​up of the Potrero, the island, the Drawer, Montlhery and Boxes curve.
Karting C: Compact view of the number 7, formed by the Parador, Curve Boxes, Montlhery and Viborita number 7.

All layouts have been played in clockwise and counterclockwise. To avoid bottlenecks when running counterclockwise, the first corner is always the Parador.

The Parador curve changed its official name to Curve Gonzalo Rodriguez in September 2009, ten years after Gonzalo Rodriguez crashed fatally running in the CART series at Laguna Seca.

<<

Leonardo9613

4-Star Beta Tester
4-Star Beta Tester

Cars: '15 Ford Ka 1.0 SE

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Kristina, could you do a couple of brazilian tracks?

Firstly, the F1 track of Interlagos, São Paulo. I know it is in your list, this is just a request if you could put it up a little bit higher :P

The other track is the one from my home town, Curitiba. They used to race in WTCC here and all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aut%C3%B3dromo_Internacional_de_Curitiba

Here is a detailed version, with all of the measurements.
http://www.autodromodecuritiba.com.br/download/pista.pdf

The track is flat, the "inclinação" (inclination) column must be related to the camber.

Thanks!
<<

Manche

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:00 pm

That's good too
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:16 am

Leonardo9613 wrote:Kristina, could you do a couple of brazilian tracks?

Firstly, the F1 track of Interlagos, São Paulo. I know it is in your list, this is just a request if you could put it up a little bit higher :P

The other track is the one from my home town, Curitiba. They used to race in WTCC here and all.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aut%C3%B3dromo_Internacional_de_Curitiba

Here is a detailed version, with all of the measurements.
http://www.autodromodecuritiba.com.br/download/pista.pdf

The track is flat, the "inclinação" (inclination) column must be related to the camber.

Thanks!

I will make any track I can find accurate information to use. I will add this one to the list. Just know I work more than 60 hours per week on average, so I might fall behind. It takes about an hour to make a track + image, and however-long to dig up information to make slopes and lengths. I will see if I can make the São Paulo F1 track sooner. :)

EDIT: And, yes, inclination looks like it would be banking, as it is only associated with curves (c1-c15).

Is the length on El Pinar correct, Manche? Or do you have access to better information? Slopes can be pulled from Google Earth if necessary, but length doesn't seem to match up.
PreviousNext

Return to Test Track Sharing Forum