Cars: Honda del Sol 95 S
Toyota Tercel 88
Chevrolet Malibu 80
Toyota Highlander 04
Toyota Corolla 01(Sold)
Toyota Corolla 15

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:47 am

Looking for tracks

Id like to know if anyone has made a good old 1320 straight track or a Tsukuba Circuit If not Id like to make them, can anyone help me out? If I do make the track Ill share it as soon as its done
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:22 am

Re: Looking for tracks

I have a quarter mile track, a half mile track, and a full mile track already done, although it is embedded in the Swanson Test Track, so it isn't a separate image for just the quarter mile.

What exactly are you needing help with? I can make tracks, but I absolutely SUCK at making track images. ;)
<<

Luisbuscus

Supercharged
Supercharged

Toyota Tercel 88
Chevrolet Malibu 80
Toyota Highlander 04
Toyota Corolla 01(Sold)
Toyota Corolla 15

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:48 pm

The help would be as in learning to make them I downloaded the tutorial one but I don't quite understand
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Well, the tutorial is really just an overview of how the LUA file works to run the track. You don't have to create tracks by hand, however. In fact, making tracks longer than say, 1500m or with more than 15 curves gets really tedious and is not for the faint of heart.

There is a visual editor, created by ElSaico, which can be found here. It is pretty simple to use. I've made them both by hand, and using the editor. I wrote a simple tutorial for using the editor which can be found here. I've also started to include an image of the editor track line in my track posts created with the editor. Hopefully this will help others understand better how it is used. It can be a bit difficult to understand corners for some.

If you have more specific questions, ask someone. Someone here is going to be able to answer your questions. :)
<<

Luisbuscus

Supercharged
Supercharged

Toyota Tercel 88
Chevrolet Malibu 80
Toyota Highlander 04
Toyota Corolla 01(Sold)
Toyota Corolla 15

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:48 am