FAQ  •  Login

2016 New York International Auto Show

<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: 2016 New York International Auto Show

If you ask why Megi TT had problems with show,lets say that someone broke it's turbocharger while transporting.
Xy is greek letter and Xys is correct in this case
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

Oskiinus

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:13 am

Delayed by one day, but finally it's here - Megi Twin Turbo, new, stripped down version of Megi for track radicalists. This car has 385 mm wide wheels on the rear. xD And 95 reliability score on the engine

Oskiinus wrote:
Next car is Megi Twin Turbo. You may remember normal Megi, our newest V12 monster that reutilizes many parts from Centenario and Cerberus and has whooping score of almost 800 hp from NA engine? Well, we had also plans for other cars from Megi line. One of them is twin turbo. Practically track-limited monster with economy of steam train, 1500 hp on rear wheels and big ass spoiler? What do you need more? By the way, car is supposed to go almost 400 km/h and needs approx 2.5-2.7 seconds to 100 km/h.
Price is unknown, will probably be over million dollars per unit.

Sorry for quoting image. I had to.
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:28 am

Now that's putting the strop into the car :D

But how come the car has 1500hp and 'almost' gets to 400km/h? Did you make this in the beta?
<<

Oskiinus

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:04 am

strop wrote:Now that's putting the strop into the car :D

But how come the car has 1500hp and 'almost' gets to 400km/h? Did you make this in the beta?

1. Weight, which can't be lower unless I want to make track machine
2. Aero; noticed this massive wing in the back? Currently car has 395 km/h top speed and 2.7 seconds to 100
I had also 410 km/h, 3.3 s and 365 km/h and 2.5 s setups. Megi TT is focused to compete with markets like Koenigsegg Regera and McLaren P1 GTR at the same time, so I had to go for some compromises.
And I've done this in current version
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:56 am

The pinnacle of performance.

The halo car of our lineup, the Kusanagi is one of the oldest cars in Rennen's lineup; it is also the fastest. No longer a simple sports car as it used to be, it is now a fully blown super car.

Performance
In the middle of the Kusanagi lays an ultra-high-tech 60-valve 4.0 liter Twin-Turbocharged V12 that produces 722 HP and 581 lb-ft of torque. These figures coupled with a revolutionary AWD system and launch control allow the Kusanagi to rocket from 0-62 MPH in 2.6 seconds and pass the 1/4 mile in 10.14 seconds at 141 MPH. However, where the Kusanagi shines the greatest is in the corners. With razor-sharp cornering and innovative Pushrod suspension, the Kusanagi is able to generate 1.29 G in the corners. Both of these allow the Kusanagi to lap the Top Gear Test Track in 1:12.00, which is one of the fastest times for any production car. Purpose-built Michelin Pilot Super Sports connect the ground to the wheels. However, even then, the Kusanagi still focuses on making the best of the driver, so it is fun to drive, and the steering is tuned by the racing professionals of Rennen for maximum fun. Yet, the Kusanagi remains a controllable beast, utilizing Rennen Active Control (RAC) and Sports Steering Support (SSS) so that the driver can enjoy the Kusanagi at any time, any place, anywhere. Even with the high-tech that is invested into the Kusanagi, the car still weighs less than 3,300 pounds thanks to a carbon-fiber shell and chassis. Kusanagi provides a driving experience like no other with an engaging, exotic, and most importantly, a distinctively Rennen driving style.

Interior
The interior of the Kusanagi is built to comfort the driver. However, it is also made to lighten the car, with carbon fiber and special windows that lower the weight of the Kusanagi by over 100 pounds. Creature comforts are still standard such as a 9-inch touch screen with Garmin navigation and a 21 speaker Bowers and Wilkins audio system. However, everything is focused to improve the driving experience, and it creates a racing atmosphere without compromising creature comforts. Only the highest quality materials are used, and soft-touch materials line the cabin from top to bottom.
Exterior
The exterior of the Kusanagi is aggressive yet elegant, using abstract shapes and textures to create a single, flowing specimen. The body is made to be angular yet beautiful and organic, much like the sword it was named after. The usage of the classic “angel wing” headlights show the 50 year lineage of Rennen that the Kusanagi represents. Every color available has been specifically tailored to accentuate the sculpted body of the Kusanagi’s lines. The sculpted body is designed to not only be aerodynamic, but also to create levels of downforce that exceeds 330 pounds at 160 MPH. The rear spoiler and front lip made out of carbon fiber are both electronically active to create more stability at high speeds.

Rennen. Perfection in Performance.

---Options and Pricing---
Rennen Kusanagi R - Starting at $129,995

-----Options-----

20" 5-Spoke GT Wheels - No extra charge
Alcantara Interior - No extra charge
Seibon Carbon Interior - No extra charge
Customer-Exclusive paint color - $595
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Starfish94

Cars: Am a car salesman , drive anything which is available to get me home.

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:04 pm

CEO of American Saminda Motor Co , Teiko Sakahashi , previews the next generation Auxuras design ''Precise ARROW Styling Cue''

“We've done a lot of soul searching, thinking deeply, as a team, about our core values, and what they mean for the future of this brand,” said Mike David , Vice President and General Manager for the Auxuras Division in North America.

Powertrain for the ETL have been confirmed with a all-new 2.4-liter i-VIC Hybrid which claims to get more then 45MPG (55MPG UK) and a naturally aspirated 3.5-liter V6 engine , for the ITL there is another engine option which is the 2.0-liter turbocharged (ProAIR)

<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Why can't I be as good as you...
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Fazer600

Cars: No car , currently owning a Yamaha FZS600 Fazer but my dad own a Mitsubishi Triton

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:45 pm

Mother of Auxuras ... their design are getting better and better every year :o
<<

Emilio

Cars: Something with 4 tires

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Dilessi 418 1300 LR

At this years New York Auto Show Dilessi won´t compete with modern super cars, but they´ll show restored super cars build over 50 years ago. Today is the release of the Dilessi 418 1300 LR. It´s was the first rear engined car by Dilessi and a vision of the founder Emilio Dilessi. Even the engineers had some problems making his dream come true, the result was stunning. A small and even economic V8 will give the car enough power to be a super car back then and still be driveable. The car was even quicker around test tracks than the Dilessi 418B, which had over twice as much horsepower. This car was the key for Dilessis future and all cars build from now on.
<<

KairaWolf

Cars: None at the moment - saving up for one!

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:27 pm

Montuzo at New York!

Value for money. It's something that we often overlook here at Montuzo Engineering, as we are all constantly focused on bringing up three hundred billion horsepower red nightmares willy-nilly. Instead, Fabio Montuzo called for a meeting, ordering a week off for workers to get their eye in. "Go mad," he said "But not too mad. Let your mind run free." When the week was over, they all met up at the conference room and stated their ideas over an hour or so. While some were ridiculously insane, and others were way too boring for the younger generation, one stood out from the crowd. It was styled in the usual sense Montuzo does (i.e. awful looks, but very practical), but they haven't made it "Montuzo" insane (i.e. it didn't fall apart after 30 feet). It seemed to work so well that Montuzo stated that he had found the car to bring to New York. And so, here it is.

The $100,000 Hydra 6H.

The turbocharged 3.8 litre V6 churns out a relatively powerful 600 of your finest Portuguese horses and torques, which means it can propel from rest to 60 miles per hour in a brisk 3.4 seconds, and onto a top speed of 186mph/300kmh. While it may not be an absolutely ridiculous top speed, amount of power or torques, it makes up for this in usability. While our other builds have engines on the ragged edge in the sense that there was a high chance that it would explode when you turn the ignition switch, and others were simply not usable on the road, this is situated right in the middle - the butter-zone, if you will. It's also packed with the latest technology as standard, such as launch control, ABS, fully-adjustable suspension and more. (The full list of extras are situated below.) However, despite being family-friendly (as there is indeed four comfortable seats for your wife/husband and two children, and there being a sizable boot), the styling is less so. So less so that, when Montuzo pulled up at his house in Lisbon to pick up his wife and child, the latter got so scared of the car that he ended up soiling himself. The former was not happy at all.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS:
Radar-guided cruise control - $550
Sunroof (as shown below) - $325
Self-healing paint (very expensive, but a great option if your mother-in-law decides to take the 6H for a spin) - $3,500
Paint of your choice (available in gloss, metallic or pearlescent) - $1,000
Overwolf Package (stiffer suspension, lowered ride-height, stickier tyres, rev-limit increase from 7200RPM to 7500RPM [causing a 30bhp/23nm increase], recommended for track days) - $2,500

If the Hydra gets enough press, it is viable that Montuzo will make it into a fully-fledged production car.

AN - Please give feedback on my (hopefully) improving designing skills, and tell me how I can improve my cars. Thank you for taking your time to read.
Attachments
Hydra - 6H-4.png
Hydra - 6H-4.png (1.84 MiB) Viewed 9943 times
Hydra - 6H-3.png
Hydra - 6H-3.png (1.78 MiB) Viewed 9943 times
Hydra - 6H-1.png
Hydra - 6H-1.png (1.77 MiB) Viewed 9943 times
Last edited by KairaWolf on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

stickmaster62

Cars: 1999 Mercury Grand Marquis

Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:32 am

*Que the Imperial March*
Today I am here, not to unveil another Miller (mostly because I've been giving Miller too much attention lately), to unveil a concept from Onero Commercial. Today I show the world the Onero T-81 LMT off-road concept. The T-81 LMT (Light Military Transport) is designed for military use, featuring an Onero developed 4.0L I6 Turbo, the Onero Warbird, making 285 HP and 422 lb-ft of torque mated to a 6 speed manual transmission connected to a 4x4 system, allowing the T-81 LMT to traverse through almost any terrain it will face. The body is comprised of a mixture of steel and aluminium and the chassis out of the finest AHS steel, all military grade of course. The T-81 LMT also features only the best quality safety features available.

The Onero Warbird I6 that powers the T-81

And of course, we can't have an Onero stand without the Vanwagon!
<<

Starfish94

Cars: Am a car salesman , drive anything which is available to get me home.

Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:22 pm

Auxuras Persistent Concept preview next generation ARROW

The next generation Auxuras ARROW will no longer be powered by gasoline engine , instead it uses a hydrogen fuel cell powertrain to move the rear wheels, as well as an electric motor for each of the front wheels said Mike David , Vice President for Auxuras Motor of North America.

Specs have not been released but expect to get a little lower travel distance then the Saminda Hydrogen Confident Car.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:03 am

My question is...

Is the car going to be fast? :P
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:46 am

Oskiinus wrote:
strop wrote:Now that's putting the strop into the car :D

1. Weight, which can't be lower unless I want to make track machine
2. Aero; noticed this massive wing in the back? Currently car has 395 km/h top speed and 2.7 seconds to 100
I had also 410 km/h, 3.3 s and 365 km/h and 2.5 s setups. Megi TT is focused to compete with markets like Koenigsegg Regera and McLaren P1 GTR at the same time, so I had to go for some compromises.
And I've done this in current version

1) Weight does not affect top speed significantly. It might slightly change your aerodynamics due to changes to suspension loadings.
2) You can have a massive wing on the back and if it's active, it will not impede your car's top speed. If you've set the attack to high then yes it will slow things down a lot.

Regardless of all of those things, I was a bit surprised, because 1500hp should yield you quite a bit more than 400km/h. Then again, if you've left the aero tech at 0, it might not, but that's a hell of a waste...
<<

thecarlover

Cars: Not the 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet in the photo.

Post Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:02 am

2500+ HP with max aero only gets me 516 km/h in the beta. I can't wait for that glitch to be resolved to see the true potential of that car...
Car showcase thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8227
Mods thread: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=8552

PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum