FAQ  •  Login

Patriot Motor Force - 1989 BLACK EAGLE !!!

<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:22 am

Re: Patriot Motor Force - 1989 BLACK EAGLE !!!

BobLoblaw wrote:Warning: Vehicle may induce feelings of inferiority, hopelessness, inadequacy and/or sexual arousal in people who possess another kind of car.

:D

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
<<

Madrias

Cars: 2005 Hyundai Elantra GT

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:44 am

Nice! I'll admit, for not really being a fan of the mid-engine layout, that car looks wicked. It does look fighter-jet inspired, too, which I think kinda fits the theme here.
<<

TurboJ

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:53 am

Madrias wrote:Nice! I'll admit, for not really being a fan of the mid-engine layout, that car looks wicked. It does look fighter-jet inspired, too, which I think kinda fits the theme here.

Thanks! It was a big step for Patriot too, to go mid-engined. But the improvements in aerodynamics and extra room for turbo pipework tipped the scales in its favour. Nice to hear the styling evokes
the pictures I had in mind. Combining mean with 'Murican and aerodynamic in one package ain't so easy :)

<<

findRED19

Cars: 1986 Mustang

Post Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:10 pm

The Eagle is sooo INSANELY over-the-top!!!!

The only thing more MERCAN than that would be a supercharged (instead of turbocharged) engine... given similar figures for torque and hp.

(But not for a while, unfortunately. Superchargers won't be added until later in the dev cycle.)
American Eagle Automotive (AEA) - ID 1948072
Redhawk Performance Group (RPG) - ID 1955073
The performance division of AEA. (same thread as AEA)
<<

TurboJ

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:46 am

findRED19 wrote:The Eagle is sooo INSANELY over-the-top!!!!

The only thing more MERCAN than that would be a supercharged (instead of turbocharged) engine... given similar figures for torque and hp.

(But not for a while, unfortunately. Superchargers won't be added until later in the dev cycle.)

Thanks mate, I take that as a compliment :)

Yeah, supercharging would be nice but I think turbos are actually a pretty nice thing on the "supercar" model, they give more top-end power...
The pure muscle car models would certainly have a big Eaton protruding throught the hood if we had that option in Automation :)

<<

TurboJ

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:09 am

I've given this some thought and I think I need a supplier for a super heavy duty manual transmission.

For the '16 Jetfighter....

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9873#p101457

I've done a lot of research on the subject and even thought the car and the advertising are as over-the-top as they come, the build
is actually realistic - the engine is based on real production parts available IRL and the reinforced TH400 transmissions are used
in the most powerful streetable drag racers in existence.

But the automatic transmission is robbing too much performance. Patriot is such a small-scale manufacturer they don't have the capacity
of producing a custom gearbox (which is why they also use out-sourced engine blocks and heads).

So, Patriot is looking for a 5 or 6 speed MANUAL gearbox that can handle 1500+ lb-ft of torque (2000+ Nm).
Would any of car companies around here be able to produce one for us? Expect a production run of 50-100 units including the Jetfighter successor later on.

(and it doesn't have to be cheap)

<<

ArtyomRanger

Cars: Nope

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:26 am

So, Patriot is looking for a 5 or 6 speed MANUAL gearbox that can handle 1500+ lb-ft of torque (2000+ Nm).
Would any of car companies around here be able to produce one for us? Expect a production run of 50-100 units including the Jetfighter successor later on.

(and it doesn't have to be cheap)[/quote]

well we don't have much experience with hypercars, but we would gladly help out and give our best
Car Company: AmeroMotors
Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9506
<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:32 am

We can hook you up with a cheap and durable one.
Of course only if you don't mind that it is a non synchronized 5-speed with a 2-speed auxiliary transmission from a 1990s Semi Truck.
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

Madrias

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:58 am

We have an optional 6 speed in our Mamba. The engine it's normally hooked to is a twin-turbocharged 7.2 liter V12 making 1875 horsepower and 1659 ft-lb of torque. It wouldn't be cheap (equivalent to +15 quality), but our fully automated factory can turn out several of these 6 speed manual transmissions if they're needed. Not many buy cars with the stick, so we made a bit of a mistake tooling up to build high-quality gearboxes unless we can find a way to sell a few. From the research I've done, the Jetfighter and the Mamba appeal to two different markets, so we wouldn't be standing on one another's toes, either. Both may be hypercars, yes, but with different engine placements and different handling characteristics.
<<

TurboJ

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:36 am

Well, this is promising! Several offers in such a short time.

To make our choice easier, let us ask this: Patriot will also need a 5 or 6 speed manual for the 1998-2015 period.
Max torque rating would be around 885-1035 lb-ft (1200-1400 Nm). Would anyone be able to answer to both orders?

So ideally we would need one transmission for 1998-2015 and another, even tougher one for 2016->.
The first unit would possibly be needed in greater numbers, perhaps even around 1000 units altogether.

Looking forward to your replies!

Oh and since we're talking business, Patriot Motor Force is also introducing a customer engine lineup.
We will offer a complete family of high-performance engines starting from 1982.
We are utilizing the classic Chevrolet Small Block engine architecture but our engines are of course modified
to produce considerably more power than GM stock units....
Ranging from 300 to 1000 hp, there is a suitable compact-size V8 engine available for most performance builds.
Both naturally aspirated and turbocharged engine versions are included in the family.

So in case any of you are interested in our engines, that could make the negotiations easier ;)

<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:05 am

IMP could of course use its knowledge of Commercial vehicle powertrains to develop a lightweight, compact transmission capable of reliably handling very high torque and rpms (compared to a Truck diesel). But knowing us it'll probably be to overengineered to be a viable option on a financial level. We also can't think how we could possibly justify using a GM SmallBlock for any application (other than for countries where our service network is not as strong) when we have our own high displacement V8 and V12 engines for passenger cars.
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

Madrias

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:34 am

We do have a 5 speed from that era... Granted, it goes in a pickup truck, but we're pushing 902 ft-lb of torque into it in one of our models. It's a little older than specification (1995), but we could refine it over the next 3 years. Possibly, we could design one to your exact specifications, as a special order.

As for using engines... Highly unlikely, honestly. We've been making an in-house DOHC design for a long time.
<<

BobLoblaw

Cars: 1994 Ford Taurus SHO,
1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:36 pm

Awildgermanappears wrote:We can hook you up with a cheap and durable one.
Of course only if you don't mind that it is a non synchronized 5-speed with a 2-speed auxiliary transmission from a 1990s Semi Truck.

I was gonna suggest an Eaton Fuller 8 speed myself. With a granny gear of course.
<<

ArtyomRanger

Cars: Nope

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:47 am

TurboJ wrote:
To make our choice easier, let us ask this: Patriot will also need a 5 or 6 speed manual for the 1998-2015 period.
Max torque rating would be around 885-1035 lb-ft (1200-1400 Nm). Would anyone be able to answer to both orders?

So ideally we would need one transmission for 1998-2015 and another, even tougher one for 2016->.
The first unit would possibly be needed in greater numbers, perhaps even around 1000 units altogether.

Looking forward to your replies!

Well thats a good question if were are able do that, i shall look if its managable.

TurboJ wrote:Oh and since we're talking business, Patriot Motor Force is also introducing a customer engine lineup.
We will offer a complete family of high-performance engines starting from 1982.
We are utilizing the classic Chevrolet Small Block engine architecture but our engines are of course modified
to produce considerably more power than GM stock units....
Ranging from 300 to 1000 hp, there is a suitable compact-size V8 engine available for most performance builds.
Both naturally aspirated and turbocharged engine versions are included in the family.

So in case any of you are interested in our engines, that could make the negotiations easier ;)

Thats quite a interesting offer, i have to think about that
Car Company: AmeroMotors
Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9506
<<

TurboJ

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:46 pm

Just to let you guys know, Patriot Motor Force has this morning signed a contract with Storm Automotive (Madrias) for their manual gearboxes.
We appreciate all of you guys' offers and suggestions however and we are looking forward to possible future dealings with all of you!

In this case we have chosen Storm for two reasons. Firstly, they are 'Murican like us. Secondly, they are able to provide a heavy duty
manual transmission both for the '97-'15 period and the '16-> period right off the shelf. Thank you for your business. This will enhance
our potential for even higher levels of insanity in the future.

PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum