FAQ  •  Login

SpearMan Motor Co.

<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:41 am

SpearMan Motor Co.

SpearMan Motor Company

History:

SpearMan Motor Company was started in 1941 by Ferrald SpearMan, a farmer near Winnipeg, Manitoba. He build his first car with the help of his friends, and family. He started the company in the city by renovating an old and abandoned auto shop. He expanded the company in 1942 with the arrival of his second car. In 1950 he got enough money to make a factory. In 1968, Ferrald sadly died from cancer, at the age of 62. Things kept going downhill when the oil crisis came. The oil crisis had a big impact on SpearMan. The affect lasted a long time through the 80's, and the company got sold to a new company. CAC. CAC managed to get SpearMan back on track, and sold it to another buyer. Rick Hayes bought the company in 2001. This seemed good because Hayes was a talented engineer and inventor. He did do good to the company, and now in 2016, he has managed to make SpearMan a trusted, and powerful company.

Current Linup:

- 2016 Vancouver
Last edited by Speedemon on Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:17 am

Re: SpearMan Motor Co.

Photoshop by titleguy1. Trims and specs coming tommorow.
iX model shown.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:57 pm

That's a cool advert concept.
<<

RickVTEC

Cars: Honda Civic 1.4 iS (EJ9)

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:36 am

Looks good! 8-) ;)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:38 am

This of course does beg the question as to how the car is distinctive from a Civic, Corolla and an Elantra. My curiosity has been piqued.

a farmer near Winnipeg, Manitoba

hahahaha good one, wait, that wasn't a joke?

(I know a few people from Winnipeg. They always seem to dump on it...)
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:42 am

Vancouver

The Vancouver is SpearMan's economical and compact sedan. It has a sharp and aggressive design. No changes are made in the looks, however, the trims are all different.

Base 1.6 i4 Turbo FWD - $17 600

iF 1.6 i4 Turbo FWD - $18 800

iX 2.0 i4 Turbo AWD - $20 700

OPTIONS:
Manual Transmission: $500
ADS*: $150
Traction Control: $200
Extra Entertainment: $350
Extra Security: $500
Sporty Suspension: $200

ADS - Alcohol Detection System, was created in 2014 when after a New Years party that the CEO of SpearMan Automotive a crash happened outside of the house which involved drunk driving. The system would suck up air that the subject was breathing, and the system detected whether it was safe to drive or not. The system was in an experimental stage for 2 years, and now is an option on every single SpearMan Model available. The system has saved many lives after it was created.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:36 am

So uh... what exactly does this so-called "ADS" do? Book the driver into a hotel & spa for the weekend?
Jokes aside, I presume it just shuts off the car and doesn't allow the driver to drive the car, but cars would then be left lying at the side of the road overnight, perhaps even for days at a time. You'd need a hell of a warranty plan.
<<

Sillyworld

Cars: Mazda 3 hatchback

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:48 am

I really like the design, I would buy one for daily conmute 10/10 (The base version as it is barely affordable in my current economic situation)
On the other hand, the engine is quite underpower. The current Nissan Versa makes almost 10hp more without a turbo, and some of the Audi engines with the same displacement make between 120-140hp for 1.6l and 200-220 for 2.0l. With DI and turbochargers you should get around 100hp per liter without sacrifing economy/efficiency.

Microwave wrote:So uh... what exactly does this so-called "ADS" do? Book the driver into a hotel & spa for the weekend?
Jokes aside, I presume it just shuts off the car and doesn't allow the driver to drive the car, but cars would then be left lying at the side of the road overnight, perhaps even for days at a time. You'd need a hell of a warranty plan.
Maybe it calls someone, so he/she can pick you up, like those dudes who arrive in small bicicles and drives the car for you.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:51 am

Sillyworld wrote:I really like the design, I would buy one for daily conmute 10/10 (The base version as it is barely affordable in my current economic situation)
On the other hand, the engine is quite underpower. The current Nissan Versa makes almost 10hp more without a turbo, and some of the Audi engines with the same displacement make between 120-140hp for 1.6l and 200-220 for 2.0l. With DI and turbochargers you should get around 100hp per liter without sacrifing economy/efficiency.

Microwave wrote:So uh... what exactly does this so-called "ADS" do? Book the driver into a hotel & spa for the weekend?
Maybe it calls someone, so he/she can pick you up, like those dudes who arrive in small bicicles and drives the car for you.

Bingo! :mrgreen:
<<

Fazer600

Cars: No car , currently owning a Yamaha FZS600 Fazer but my dad own a Mitsubishi Triton

Post Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

I like the front looking of this car , and it looks practical

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum