FAQ  •  Login

how about some "open Source" cars? (explanation in thread)

should i create an open source engines thread?

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes : 20
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:57 am

Re: how about some "open Source" cars? (explanation in threa

Same here.

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:28 am

yeah, i'll also take a crack at anything, for now though, i know i open sourced my hatchi, but i went back and realized, the car is extremely crap. so i took a 2 door hatch version and i turbo'd the engine and now i've got a 1985 hot hatch somewhat. it is aimed at the track budget, but not scoring all too high, kinda expected it since i never really even explored the track market in general, so i kinda dove in blind. the result was the 1985 Hatchi SP, appears superior in many ways, better fuel economy, more than double the power, and can actually get up to speed now, making it sellable in north america, and with the low price tag, it is sure to catch on.
i'll also be making the engine open source, cause who wouldn't want to have some fun with a turbo 1.3L I4?
EDIT: big oopsie, forgot the car:
Attachments
cpufreak101 - Hatchi.zip
(190.77 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:07 pm

i went back several posts and found the GSI mole, i ended up making several tunes of it... including one in 2016 with a 350+HP 2.2L V12.... and it does green hell in 11 minutes.... with a top speed of 156... and also costs 1.1 million... so here it is... again.... GSI mole.... (i'm literally just tuning cars now lol, hey, that's an idea)
Attachments
cpufreak101 - GSI Mole.zip
(156.08 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:59 pm

Lulz. I like how the V12 never stops spinning the tires.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:51 pm

ANOTHER EDIT: the 1st version, the engine was kinda bugged out, so i have fixed it, it also includes the aforementioned russian version

well, after the communitasia MKI had it's 10 year life cycle, galt knew their issues, so they tried their best to fix 'em. the result was 2 different trims, the R and the PR, each of which coming in a coupe, sedan, and a wagon. the extremely rare 1975 version badged as the tetrad as a turbocharged version of the communitasia for the gasmean markets. and sorry for lack of pics, it's 3:30 AM, so i present to you...
1970 Communitasia MKII
cpufreak101 - Communitasia MKII.zip
(222.83 KiB) Downloaded 369 times

also, i find it strange the PR trim is better than the R in every way... oh well, i'll be waiting to see what you end up doing with it squidhead

also, this might be my last vehicle post for a while, windows is so unstable and so broken it's unusable, so i suppose i'll be waiting for a linux release (and before you ask, machine's not good enough for VM's and idk how to install steam games into wine)

EDIT: after watching james may's cars of the people program, i decided to add a bit of a story to this...
so it is 1970, the eastern block of germany is still a awful place, the USSR is all powerful, yet they look for cars,and galt happens to be one of the companies they turn to when looking for a new car maker for a good peoples car. galt, still being a relatively young company at just 25 years old, saw this as a chance to make some profit, so they went into the USSR and produced their own factory near moscow. the factory was soon complete and started to churn out communitasia's for the russian people. it was an instant success. cheap enough for a hard working family to purchase after saving for a little more than a year with it costing only REDACTED russian rubles for the sedan model, which allowed a person to become a proud new owner of a communitasia, it went over very well with galt experiencing enough success to finally get the resources to be a bigshot car producer by 1974, however later on that same year, communists being communists, took the russian galt factory for themselves and wound up making the communitasia on their own,the largest difference was that galt wasn't receiving a single penny of the russian sales, but at least they had enough to get the resources to start out large scale car production, which has since allowed them to grow to it's current position it is in today. as for the russian version, it managed to go on and continue to be a hit, in 1978, they managed to do a small facelift on the car, and it managed to stay in production from 1978 all the way to 2003, kept in production for 10 years after the collapse thanks to demand for a simple, cheap, rugged car.

ANOTHER EDIT: so another variation has been made, the OR trim (off-road). this one features the engine from out of the PR editions, but everything else is trim specific. the OR trim will only be available in sedan or wagon, and comes from the factory, a great off-road vehicle cheap enough for even a Mongolian nomad to purchase, along with being ruggid and dependable enough to help them cross the gobi desert, gone are the days of stubborn horses and lazy mules, just go to the nearest city and pick up a communitasia (download link has been amended)
man does the OR love to backfire
Last edited by cpufreak101 on Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Oh goodie!
<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:38 am

#Squidheadbait
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:20 pm

communitasia MKII has a new variation, post has been amended
<<

squidhead

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:17 pm

Oh god... my commu mk1 based car is producing exactly the same power, but chugs "the posh stuff" at the station only :D

Also that's modern rubles you're talking about. Back in USSR you could live for 55 rubles a month, and a good salary was about 125. You should correct for inflation... Although the game does not so I wouldn't know if you should.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:39 pm

squidhead wrote:Oh god... my commu mk1 based car is producing exactly the same power, but chugs "the posh stuff" at the station only :D

Also that's modern rubles you're talking about. Back in USSR you could live for 55 rubles a month, and a good salary was about 125. You should correct for inflation... Although the game does not so I wouldn't know if you should.

yeah, i figured i screwed it all up, i tried to correct for inflation, but i got "no data found" error when i tried to find USD to ruble in 1970
<<

squidhead

Post Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:41 pm

:D That's cause "cold war" "Iron Curtain" buisness. Nothing was allowed from the "Rotting, broke west" into the "Glorious, happy and forever successful USSR"
<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:05 pm

You've spent a long, hard day firing useless employees (or executing dissidents), the ride back to your ivory palace should enjoyed in decadent luxury. The GSI Arlington Royale features smooth V12 power and heavy duty steel construction, perfect for plowing though crowds of annoying protesters without disturbing the occupants.

glhs386 - GSI Arlington.zip
(88.88 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

<<

squidhead

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 am

Polska best company FLUG make K25 and FLUG K50! SUCCESS YES! Much joy have! (quote from the official Flug K25 brochure in United States from 1971)

Attachments
RB26DETT - Flug.zip
(115.09 KiB) Downloaded 355 times
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:15 pm

well i had no LS, but i did have the VT-209, that was a fun swap, truck V8 into a huge car

and squidhead, what magic did you use to create the rear end? i tried to make a truck version of it but the rear end just glitches out massively when i try to remove the fixtures
<<

squidhead

Post Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:01 am

Use bunny blood to stick the fixtures to the car while chanting devilish mantras.
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum