FAQ  •  Login

Jiorani Motors - The ultimate Hypercar Manufacturer

<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:26 pm

Re: Jiorani Motors - The ultimate Hypercar Manufacturer

evoixmrfq400 wrote:Sry for the bad comment but i found them very simple or too much vents about the design and also have a lot of fuel consumption

Yeah. But I guess Hyperius was made only for one purpose: SPEED! I think that's more like experimental prototype vehicle than production one, however I agree that this fuel usage is extremely high.
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

PokerMorda

Cars: None

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:07 am

So, I decided, I wanted to give my company a bit more... Normal face. Less radical, more affordable, and user friendly. I ended up with this...

Say hi to Jiorani A-Grip. It's relativily small car, it weights only around 600 kg, and it size doesnt seem to be huge...

But what is more interesting is the engine. If car seemed small, wait for it heart! It has only 0.8 liter of maximal capacity, and it is equiped with relativily big turbo (it's propably the biggest thing in that car). The overall result seems really interesting. Engine gives us 262 BHP. As my good friend Oskiinus, calculated, it gives us about 325 BHP per liter. Downsizing at it's finest!

Stats on the track seems even better! Car accelerates to 100 km/h in 3,7 sec, and stops accelerating at 206 km/h. On Airport track it got time of 1:21:73 sec. As we compared, Airborne Haiyan (which I aimed towards, as a rival) got time only 3 seconds better. I see that as quite not bad result, specially if we'll take a look at the fact, that I t has nearly 2/3 of the Haiyan's power.

Of course, it's not perfect car. It has quite huge fuel usage, and it's not really cheap. But I think, that if you buy car like that, your target is not to create eco cars. It's about power and emotions. And if you want some easy emotions, it's the cheapest way to achieve them into Jiorani.
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:28 am

PokerMorda wrote:But what is more interesting is the engine. If car seemed small, wait for it heart! It has only 0.8 liter of maximal capacity, and it is equiped with relativily big turbo (it's propably the biggest thing in that car). The overall result seems really interesting. Engine gives us 262 BHP. As my good friend Oskiinus, calculated, it gives us about 325 BHP per liter. Downsizing at it's finest!

Stats on the track seems even better! Car accelerates to 100 km/h in 3,7 sec, and stops accelerating at 206 km/h. On Airport track it got time of 1:21:73 sec. As we compared, Airborne Haiyan (which I aimed towards, as a rival) got time only 3 seconds better. I see that as quite not bad result, specially if we'll take a look at the fact, that I t has nearly 2/3 of the Haiyan's power.

Of course, it's not perfect car. It has quite huge fuel usage, and it's not really cheap. But I think, that if you buy car like that, your target is not to create eco cars. It's about power and emotions. And if you want some easy emotions, it's the cheapest way to achieve them into Jiorani.

I'd say in a compact MR track toy market you're also competing with my Adelaide R and RS. Also at such boost, Im guessing it's a gas guzzler and quite the pollution machine. I think the bigger engine and smaller turbos would make it more efficient. But anyways, the looks are pretty cool. Also the tire width could be your limiting factor for a faster lap time. :) All in all - nice one.

Anyways, what's the retail price on one of those?
<<

PokerMorda

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:36 am

squidhead wrote: Also the tire width could be your limiting factor for a faster lap time.

Ha! I will surprise you! When tires were wider, lap time was actually... worse! I managed to cut most of the seconds, by adjusting wheels to be thin enough.

Also, as you were asking about price, I would give it about 225,000 PLN (56250 euro), but Automation says (If I readed right) about 2 millions. Maybe that's because of quality sliders I was adjusting too radically...
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:43 am

PokerMorda wrote:about 2 millions.

That's very... affordable... :D Also yeah, quality sliders tend to get the prices out of control easily. About the tires... well it's probably because of rolling resistance, the wider they are the harder for the small engine to push the car forward at higher speeds.

Also - if that engine graph is the final version, your engine is detonating severly. It might be a good idea to add fuel, decrease CR or de-boost the thing a bit. And your exhaust should be bigger to let the turbos breathe easier. I'm sure you can get better results with some tweaking there :)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:04 pm

800cc engine putting out 262hp :shock:

As unfortunate as the truth is here, I agree that a larger engine with a smaller turbo will give a more manageable torque curve, consume less fuel, and be more reliable, plus not cost over a billion Automation money units to engineer! I'd recommend going with a 2L.

As for the wheels, certainly the narrowness of the front makes sense, but the profile is ridiculously low and I think one would struggle to find real world tyres like that. Have you tried seeing what times you get if you downsized the rims and made the profile closer to 30?

The price tag of 2M is probably due to selection of the size of the factory: the smaller it is, the lower the production capacity, and thus the higher each unit costs to cover. That said material costs of 90K and production units of 2413 is still a LOT. Having gone the route of really paring back on the sliders to realise I can get 99% of the result of the old builds for about 15% of the price, I think that your aims can still be yet achieved with a price more commensurate to its stature.

The light-weight nature of this car is fantastic, if that could be kept and you could get the fuel consumption halved, and you could even improve the cornering grip further, for a suggested price of say 100k automation units, you could easily compete with real life cars like Ariel Atom or Caterham or BAC Mono, though it'd have to pack more punch to reach Rezvani Beast levels...
<<

PokerMorda

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:53 am

Okay, so, here we got new vehicle. Introducing Jiorani C-Grip!

Comparable to A-Grip, but with all problems fixed. Instead of small 0.8 R4 Turbo engine, we got 2 liter V12 that produces over 430 BHP. With total weight of 690 kg that baby flies! WIth double clutch sequentive gearbox, and mid placed engine, it allows us to acclerate from 0 to 100 km/h in 2,7 seconds, and gives us V-max of 247 km/h. Doesnt seem fast enough? Hold that negativity! It beats Airborne Haiyan time on Airport track, just like I planned. But not only that, it also beats Airborne F15 Patricia, which actually surprised me... Here, take a look at lap time.

And now, the funniest part - it's easier to drive this care, in comparison to Jiorani A-Grip, and to make things funnier, it has much lower fuel usage. Like much lower...

And reliability of the engine is not bad. You can push it just like you want, and the engine wont blow, or anything like that.

So, what do you think about that? Better than A-Grip, huh?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:54 am

Much improved in terms of balance and performance, it's kind of like a mini Pagani now (especially with the V12), except even faster around a tight track. However, now production units are over 4000 with material costs of 120000 or so, which means I'm guessing that on average your tech sliders are set to 15!

If you look on the market tab, the calculations are obviously rudimentary, but I would be surprised to see anything other than a 0 on all the sections, because the car will be hideously expensive. As you can see, for a medium sized factory, it would cost your company 3 million automation money units to produce one. Also, is that really running costs of 176k a year???????? How did you even do that? Even my most bonkers of +15 tech slider cars only required, say, 25k, and nowadays I remade my cars so that my (tiny) company would even be viable, and the running costs for the ultra hypercars is now more like 7-10k/year (where a normal econobox metro runabout might have running costs of 1.5-2k/year).

I would not have cared much about costs or tech sliders before, but since the calculations are now in the game, I'd consider whether your company can afford it. Besides, while the concept is impressive, a time of 1:12 around Airfield may beat Pagani's Huayra... but it's a fairly long way from where it could be. Most of my draft builds are breaking 1:10 (and several seconds under 2 minutes on AT track), and that's using sports compound tyres set at tech 8+. That's with material costs of about 50k, and production units of about 500, which translates to a car that costs my tiny company about 5% of what it would have taken to produce the C-Grip.

Let me say again, I really like Jiorani Motors, your designs and concepts are out of this world and I'm mainly commenting this way because I think the company would make a good rival for my own (of which there aren't that many). But because it's really a difficult area to compete in, while mad concepts are fun and generate a lot of interest, you really want to have the performance credentials too, in order to convert that interest to sales, or you'll go broke!
<<

PokerMorda

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:04 am

Thanks! I'm not mad for critique comments - specially since you. I'm happy that you even care to take a look at my projects. I'll try to work with sliders. Maybe the car may be even faster :)
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:12 am

Kid's got potential.

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
<<

PokerMorda

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:44 am

2015 as a financial year for Jiorani (surprise, surprise) sucked. We produced way to expensive cars, and we flushed way to much money into them. We had to rethink our strategies. Even though we had many promising vehicles, they werent enough to keep us running.

We tried to think of new vehicles. First was Hyperius - hypercar on the same level as Ferrari LaFerrari or McLaren P1. Looks nice, and car itself is not bad, but there was one little problem - car itself wanst as fast as estimated rivals even though it had over 1000 HP, and was too harsh on our wallet.

Then there was Teriste... Even though Teriste was though only as Prototype, we were thinking of using it on the market. But again, surprise, surprise, estimated costs of production were stratospherical. But there was something to it - it had 1100 HP 9 liter V12 Engine, and had V-Max of over 400 km/h, with acceleration time lesser than 3 seconds. Tests on Nurburgring showed us, that it can do lap time, around 6:50 sec.

But after some struggles... I think we got it.

Introducing brand new...

2016 Jiorani G-Grip

Aimed towards rivals such as Lamborghini Veneno or Pagani Huayra, G-Grip is nice show off of what Jiorani can do with production costs cutted even 50%, compared to Teriste or Hyperius. It's heart is 5,5 liter V12 engine, that produces 750 HP. Car weights only around 1100 kg, and can drive over 363 km/h. With acceleration time 2,5 seconds it's really fast machine. But don't take my words for it - just take a look...

So... What do you think?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:26 am

You are getting much closer!

The costs are indeed much more effective, but production units of 2000 is still very high, and I wonder where most of it is going. Perhaps you are using high amounts of tech on the race tubular exhaust?

You probably still have more to gain in terms of tuning to balance the brakes, suspension, tyres and aero. See if you can manage to get that G-grip around Airfield in 1:10 or less!
<<

PokerMorda

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:31 am

So, I guess it's time to call it kinda quits.

I can't get over the fact that my supercars are ruining my company. Even G-Grip didnt managed to get good results, and got too expensive. Jiorani has to start doing something atractive for clients. And here is our best try.

Introducing 2016 Jiorani T-Grip

Reinventing our definition of sports car, T-Grip is great sport car for everyone! It's powered by 4.5 liter V6 engine with 409 HP, accelerates to 100 km/h in 5,6 sec and stops accelerating at 258 km/h. Okay, it uses 14 liters of gas per 100 km, but it's not huge price when you consider it costs only 25.300 $! As said by Automation!

I guess, now it's up to consumers. What do you think?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:51 pm

That's a decent pony car, comparable with the entry level trim stuff you might see nowadays in the US. I don't know about US market but it may do well elsewhere as an alternative. The drivability and sportiness levels are quite good for a car like this (though more drivability might be even better).

There are a couple of issues though: is that a safety of 6.8? In 2016, you won't be able to sell that car outside of an Archanan style region (see the Market tab: minimum standard for Gasmea is 30, and Fruinia 40 or something.) I'd say a Fruinian market would also be your best bet, so you'd definitely want to do something about that. In addition, for a naturally aspirated pony car, I'd think about aiming for a comfort level of about 30. Is the suspension really hard or the tyre profile really low?

When it comes to the engine, there is heaps of power and your reliability is quite good too, but because you've used a highly undersquare configuration, it will rob you of the ability to rev really high, which is where you've configured most of your power to be. That's limiting the potential of your engine and will make shifting up pretty annoying. I would recommend either a) switching to an MOHV valvetrain which will allow you to keep the dimensions. You'll definitely lose top end power and some fuel economy, but the engine will be significantly lighter, meaning better F:R weight distribution, and the torque curve more reasonable, or b) making the engine more square, giving you more revs. Finally, the RON of 98.3 will prevent you from selling the car anywhere in the world, since it will require ultimate 100RON fuel, something you can't get regularly most places. I'd recommend shooting for 91RON for this kind of car.

I don't want Jiorani to give up, I was hoping that maybe when the practical and reality issues were sorted out we could battle our cars!
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:32 pm

Poker, as Strop summed all faulties with T-Grip, but 6.8 safety? Really? This death trap is worse than 60 year old Airbornes!

By the way, Strop, you can buy 100 octane fuel even in my city at one of gas stations, but it's not listed on fuel list and it's expensive as hell.
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum