FAQ  •  Login

Galt Motors, Excelence since 1945 (1982 Astral)

<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Re: Galt Motors, Excelence since 1945

so i got bored so i booted up automation. i ended up making myself a nice UAZ-like military vehicle for the year 1960, but when i finished that i went crazy and made a ricer version of it, so basically if a (really crap) ricer ever got their hands on one of them, this would be the result: Image so the truck itself received a very ugly paintjob with the exhaust system being "redone". as for the engine he kept the stock 2.7L low octane I4, but was so bad at tuning that all he did was strap on a dodgy looking turbo with the box saying "This Turbocharger upgrade make car like race", added some compression, altered the timing, more than doubled the redline, and had it dump a bit less fuel in. Image that reliability though lol, but yeah, he now has a car that will try to kill him at every corner and an engine that will literally explode if revved for more than 10 seconds
Company Id:1945270
Galt Motors, excelence since 1945
(PS, Galt automotive is still Galt motors, i use it interchangably)
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: no license right now but i'll be getting a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer LS once i do get one

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:15 pm

honestly, should i post anymore here? it seems the interest level in my thread has decreased dramatically, i'll wait and see if it's worth it to keep posting
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:30 pm

You shouldn't post designs because it entertains other people, you should post designs if it was entertaining for you to make. :D
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:35 pm

DoctorNarfy wrote:You shouldn't post designs because it entertains other people, you should post designs if it was entertaining for you to make. :D

i do suppose so, because i know in the grand scheme of things i'm a nobody, but at least i have fun making the cars, especially when i challenge myself with "low quality fuel only" or trying to make straight up eco boxes (i never achieved more than 50 MPG's before tho, guess that's something i could challenge myself with), i alsp probably should upload the 1992 sedan i made just because i have a slightly funny story to go with it lol
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:44 pm

1998, galt motors introduces the next model Gemini to the market (i had earlier models but had to do a full game reinstall and the workshop isn't working for me) it is a family sedan to compete with the honda accord and volkswagen jetta and other similar sedans of the time. it gets 40 to 41 mpg (5.880375l/100km-5.73695122l/100km)depending if you get the wagon or the sedan.
wagon/sedan front (they're the same except for the back)
wagon back
sedan back
the price for one of these is just 11,500 moneys (no official automation currency yet) for the sedan and about 11,750 moneys for the wagon model. the engines aren't the best in the world being only about 76 horsepower but it can happily get the car to highway speeds without a problem, it is a rather comfortable ride and the reliability is nothing to glance over either, it is sure to last you well into the new millenium (where in 2015 it is still seen on the roads, as teens first cars, and winners of demolition derbies)
EDIT: due to efficiency calcs being redone the car now gets only about 33 MPG
Last edited by cpufreak101 on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:05 pm

only about a month after the '98 Gemini released at a car show a concept vehicle was shown off, it was a sports coupe variation of the Gemini, but it was a completely different animal, the I4 was replaced with the all new 3.1 liter VS-4 V6 engine. it now has an AWD drive system and a limited slip differential that helps the vehicle achieve speeds in excess of 190 miles per hour (305.7754kph) but the fuel economy of only 15 miles to the gallon (too lazy to get conversion) galt knew it would be a flop if they tried to market and sell it, so the car was only avaliable to order directly from the auto show or from the galt automotive website for up to a week after the auto show, the price tag of about 22,000 money's wasn't too attractive at the time so only about 2,200 were ever made, this made it an extremely rare car that is extremely sought after today with even ones in relatively poor condition fetching 30,000 moneys and up.
since it was built on the same chassis as the stock Gemini there have been cases of people making a "sedan" or "wagon" variation using aftermarket parts with a VS-4 swap (still being manufactured today for kit cars and some sports cars in the lineup), but none of them are the original coupe.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:26 am

September 11th, 2001, two planes collided into the twin towers in new york city killing thousands of people, the events of that day are yet to be forgotten, but it is now late December, and Galt automotive releases a special edition of the Gemini going under the New Yorker trim name. exterior wise it is mostly the same except for the introduction of a new paint color, sky blue. the interior is slightly more luxurious than the standard trims along with some custom embroidery work done to the interior.
98  Gemini - New Yorker-1.png
98 Gemini - New Yorker-1.png (199.12 KiB) Viewed 29321 times
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:43 pm

Re: Galt Motors, Excelence since 1945 (now with company E-Ma

Galt now has a company E-Mail, the address is GaltAutomotive@gmail.com
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:05 pm

so i'm comming up with a naming system for my car trims, how is what i got?
R-base
SR-base+tune
LR-PRemium base
SLR-Luxury base
SLSR-Luxury+tune
PR-base+engine upgrade
PP-sport
SP-super Sport
LP-Luxury Sport
<<

utopian201

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:59 pm

cpufreak101 wrote:so i'm comming up with a naming system for my car trims, how is what i got?
R-base
SR-base+tune
LR-PRemium base
SLR-Luxury base
SLSR-Luxury+tune
PR-base+engine upgrade
PP-sport
SP-super Sport
LP-Luxury Sport

With that many trims, will the cars overlap with the one above or below it? Eg will your compact in LP trim be better than your mid size in base trim? And what will have better performance, pp or pr? Could you tell what trims I was talking about without referring to your table of definitions?
Aurora Motor Company: Nothing Comes Close | Youtube ads: Aurora Manticore - "Dyno"
Auto magazine plus directories - list your car in the appropriate directory to be considered for a magazine cover/article.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:49 pm

utopian201 wrote:
cpufreak101 wrote:so i'm comming up with a naming system for my car trims, how is what i got?
R-base
SR-base+tune
LR-PRemium base
SLR-Luxury base
SLSR-Luxury+tune
PR-base+engine upgrade
PP-sport
SP-super Sport
LP-Luxury Sport

With that many trims, will the cars overlap with the one above or below it? Eg will your compact in LP trim be better than your mid size in base trim? And what will have better performance, pp or pr? Could you tell what trims I was talking about without referring to your table of definitions?

oh sorry lol, this is just a theoretical list. i probably will never have a car that is all trims
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:02 pm

well this is my once in a blue moon post here, i still have a few models i don't want to open source, i'm still trying to give my company some "structure" at the moment with the Gemini being the only thing i have set in stone right now, i'll probably end up doing a full company redesign, but i'll leave my old stuff up to see how far i came, so for today's car we have the 2005 Gemini, after the success of the 1998 model galt ended up making a complete redesign in 2005
the car had a complete redesign inside and out, the interior isn't as luxurious as the previous model but the trade-off is to a more pleasurable driving experience. the real innovation came in the engine though, the all new VE-234 engine is a 2.0 liter DFI inline 4 engine. while we could've gone with a 2.3L engine, we didn't want to lose too much of the japanese market (look up toyota cavalier, cavalier for the japanese market, flopped because the engine was too big) and this is also one of the few available DFI cars for sub 20 grand for 2005.
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:57 am

Re: Galt Motors, Excelence since 1945 (company restructuring

here is another car i'm keeping closed source, the G-Series truck. this is an older design since i was waiting on Razyx (many, many thanks to him) to get a photoshopped image of the more "practical" use of my G-3500 truck. so each vehicle is identified by the number following the G, with higher numbers indicating a better, more powerful vehicle. each vehicle also is followed by a T or F, this indicates if it is Two wheel drive or Four wheel drive. so this first vehicle i'm going to show will be the 1982 G-3500.
the truck itself doesn't have much exciting going on on the exterior, it's just there like "i'm a truck". i'd talk about it more but all of the stats really explain it all, and what might be a good use for this truck you may ask? well thanks to Razyx (thank you again) he managed to get this photo done for me
as can be seen, the natural environment for the truck would be in the industrial business primarily as a transport truck being capable of hauling most things you put in it

now the 1500
it's really the same exterio rwise besides the badging, the only real differences between the different numbers are better suspension and better engines, but i might as well give you the specs for this one aswell
i did also have a SUV trim made, but i never really finished it, i might or might not
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:01 pm

i now have a website live, i only have the G series truck up there right now, i'm still figuring out how to really use it, but it's not bad for a 1st post, here is the URL
<<

cpufreak101

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:42 am

as part of my effort to upload a little more on this thread i have some cars i want to regularly make and upload, these are the G series, the V series, the Gemini, an occasional Kyaria, and finally, what this post will be about, the Suon.
so pretty much the old history of the suon is basically now scrapped to be rewritten as my styles have really changed to be a bit more "Realistic" but here today i present to you the 2005 Galt Suon R
i like just posting the specs, less typing to do lol, but yeah for right now, until i improve, i'm only doing the R (basic) trim for the time being (unless i feel like making another variation, i'm not sure though as my trim names need some refinement, while i have a hypothetical "all possible" list right now, odds of most of them being used even once are kinda slim, well i'm off to upload this to my website right now
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum