Rennen Automotive

<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:48 am

Rennen Automotive

---Revamped History---

Rennen Automotive was founded in 1964, by John Rennen. Prior to making cars, John was a electronics engineer. However, he strayed away from his job, and with past experience working on cars, he founded Rennen Automotive. Their first car, the Rennen Angeles, was a sleek 2-door sports coupe that appealed to many people; unfortunately, it was also limited in production as well as quite expensive, so it was on sale for only 5 years before a major revamp, which turned it into a 2-door coupe and 4-door saloon while staying true to the soul of the original sports car.
Some of the most difficult times for Rennen occured around the late 1970's and early to mid 80's, as the fuel crisis had hit America hard. As such, the popular Caelum resorted to a price drop, an efficient but relatively underpowered 4 Cylinder, and FWD. This boosted sales enough to keep certain cars like the Kusanagi in sales, but wasn't enough to make Rennen a standout company. In 1980, Rennen was the 17th largest company in America.
The 1990's sought out a change for Rennen. After the hit of the 1980's, the 90's was a breath of fresh air. Technology in Rennen automobiles skyrocketed, and more electronic driver aids meant that the Staccato and others were able to become true luxury cars. The Angeles Coupe, popular with tuners for it's ease of making power, was one of our best selling cars along with the Caelum, accumulating over 150,000 sales in the year 1993.
As of 2001, John's grandson, Evan Rennen, took over the company, and reinvented Rennen to an even higher quality standard. The Caelum, previously a more frugal-oriented car, was moved to a much more upscale class. Today, all of our cars keep the soul made by the "Angel". They follow the quality and sportiness that is expected of such a company.

Original history

In 2001, a new, upscale brand was created: It was named Rennen Automotive. Their first car was an ultra high-tech car named the Kusanagi; today, it is still in production as a supercar fighter.
The original Kusanagi was at the top of its class for the time, and even now. It included a 2.0L Turbocharged 4-cylinder that produced a bonkers 435 HP, all with 4WD and traction control, ABS, and power steering. Don't forget its very low weight, which clocked in at 2218 lbs. This made it one of the fastest cars you could buy at the time. It was always advertised in the famous shade of Rennsport Blue.

The current Kusanagi is even more high-tech, with a 2.6L inline-6 producing a whopping 593 HP at 7700 RPM., and revs to a screaming 8500 RPM. It is still stock with 4WD, traction control, ABS, power steering, and even more such as stability control and launch control. Still a lightweight car, the new Kusanagi clocks in at 2748 lbs. The Kusanagi rockets itself from 0-60 MPH in 2.7 seconds and the 1/4 mile at 10.14 seconds, making it a superfast choice, all for the price similar to a Nissan GT-R. Using new ultra-light carbon fibre technology, the Kusanagi really is at the pinnacle of the sports car generation.

Rennen Automotive is currently producing sporty cars that can range from little city cars to amazing supercars, and even more is to come.
Last edited by titleguy1 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:07 am, edited 9 times in total.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:59 am

Re: Rennen Automotive

I'd imagine those engines would probably detonate as soon as you turned them on :lol:
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:34 am

It's a convenient safety feature. When the robbers come, they'll start the engine, and *KABOOM*, they can't steal the car anymore :lol:
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:44 am

titleguy1 wrote:It's a convenient safety feature. When the robbers come, they'll start the engine, and *KABOOM*, they can't steal the car anymore :lol:

Bloody genius.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 am

A recent revision of the Kusanagi shows a completely re-thought engine and production costs that have been nearly made 1/3 of what they used to be, as well as being half the price to manufacture and slightly more powerful. The reliability has also been upped, so the convenient safety feature is no longer there. The update also cleans up the styling on both front and rear ends.
Statistics:
599 HP @7500 RPM
550 lb-ft @4800 RPM
6-speed sequential gearbox, with standard 4WD
2617 lbs.
75 reliability
24 MPG
860 production units
$59,732 to produce
MSRP of $75,000

Sucky photoshop.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

SuperSportNick

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 Chevy Impala SS

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:28 pm

titleguy1 wrote:A recent revision of the Kusanagi shows a completely re-thought engine and production costs that have been nearly made 1/3 of what they used to be, as well as being half the price to manufacture and slightly more powerful. The reliability has also been upped, so the convenient safety feature is no longer there. The update also cleans up the styling on both front and rear ends.
Statistics:
599 HP @7500 RPM
550 lb-ft @4800 RPM
6-speed sequential gearbox, with standard 4WD
2617 lbs.
75 reliability
24 MPG
860 production units
$59,732 to produce
MSRP of $75,000

Sucky photoshop.

Looking good, I like those stats too. Happy to see you made some revisions. No car is ever perfect, I'm constantly tweaking my own too. Also is McDonald's a night club in New York??
Lead Representative of Public Relations @ Aeroline.
Company thread: Aeroline & Aeroline Luxury Designs
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Very flashy and stylish, I might have to put on order in... only 860 production units you say?

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:05 pm

SuperSportNick wrote:Looking good, I like those stats too. Happy to see you made some revisions. No car is ever perfect, I'm constantly tweaking my own too. Also is McDonald's a night club in New York??

Thanks, I appreciate it! Making cars correct in most ways is really difficult in this game, yeah. And I don't know, the last time I went to NYC (earlier this year) it wasn't. But, this picture was taken in 2012...

np1993 wrote:Very flashy and stylish, I might have to put on order in... only 860 production units you say?

Only 860 units. And the MSRP is only $75,000, so put in yours before it's too late!
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

utopian201

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:19 am

Nice photoshop job! What did you use to do it? Photoshop?
Aurora Motor Company: Nothing Comes Close | Youtube ads: Aurora Manticore - "Dyno"
Auto magazine plus directories - list your car in the appropriate directory to be considered for a magazine cover/article.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 am

utopian201 wrote:Nice photoshop job! What did you use to do it? Photoshop?

Naw, man, I used dogeshopW0W: Such cool, much photo, very changed, wow.

Also, for no reason, my engine naming is very easy to go by:
x = letter
0 = Number
So, a template would be XX0-00XX.
The first X can be either E (economy: note, pretty much no car has this type of engine) C (comfort: Everyday cars have this) S (sport: Most cars have this) or R (Race-tuned: Few cars have this)
So, RX0-00XX.
The second X and first 0 will be the type of engine, so V8, I4, I6, etc.
So, RI6-00XX.
The first two 00's after the dash represent the displacement, such as a 5.0L V8.
So, RI6-28XX.
Finally, the finall XX either will be T for turbo, TT for twin-turbo, (lolnotoutyet)SC for Supercharged(stillnotoutyet), or NA for naturally aspirated.
So, RI6-28T.
That's the engine in the Rennen Kusanagi R.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 pm

The Rennen Kusanagi Logo:
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:29 pm

The Rennen Trident is a super-luxury sedan that goes against cars like the Audi A8 and BMW 7-series. With a full leather interior, rear infotainment system, brand new technology, and almost every possible thing you can think of, the Trident has. As a classy car, it still has a 0-60 time of 5.8 seconds from a 441 HP crossplane V8.
Statistics:
441 HP @7500 RPM
380 lb-ft @4500 RPM
8-Speed automatic, RWD
4293 lbs.
75 reliability
17 MPG
995 production units
$40,190 to produce
$65,000 MSRP
78 Tameness
28 sportiness
61 comfort
56 prestige
55 safety
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:40 am

The tail lights on the Trident are very unique, love it.

Also I gotta ask, on the photo of the Kusanagi you made the headlights look like they're on, how do you do that? I'm pretty much useless when it comes to photoshop.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:54 am

Microwave wrote:The tail lights on the Trident are very unique, love it.

Also I gotta ask, on the photo of the Kusanagi you made the headlights look like they're on, how do you do that? I'm pretty much useless when it comes to photoshop.

Well, on the top tabs, go to >Filter then go to >render, and then choose "lens flare." That should take you where you want.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:26 am

The Trident caught testing in a private road:
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection