Solstice Performance - "Hypernova"

<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:39 am

Re: Solstice Motors - Opinions Wanted

Don't know really... maybe something like a 4 cylinder track toy? I'm bloody useless with the suspension settings, so maybe you could do that and I'd do the engine?
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:57 am

Oh, if you're after making a track toy, I'm always happy to tune it up! I can guarantee you I'll make it pretty much as fast as possible around whichever track you'd like to use as a benchmark.

Others who have sent me cars tend to give me some specific freedoms with certain parts and materials but impose strict costs limitations, and I'm happy to work in that vein too. In fact, you can specify whatever you like e.g. don't touch the bore and stroke and I don't have a CNC shop, and it needs to be OHV (WHYYYYYY :P ) and I'll optimise it any which way.

This said, you may wish to wait until next week, as the next open beta is about to be released, it contains a few balance changes, and the saving issues have been mostly fixed.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 am

Yep, I can wait a week! We'll discuss it more then, I suppose.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:56 am

Coming soon - The main event...
Last edited by Microwave on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:10 am

Looks great! Can't wait to see the full reveal.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:46 am

Re: Solstice Performance - Frankfurt

Solstice, Redefining 4x4s.

We at Solstice are always looking for new ways to make innovative vehicles. Over the years we've had economy cars, we've had luxury cars, we've had performance cars, hatchbacks, limousines... you name it. However, what we've never had... is a 4x4.

Working together with other companies, more specifically Halfix Cars, we have created what we believe to be the ultimate luxury 4x4.
Auto makers are always trying to make luxury SUVs, and they always claim that they have "unparalleled off-road performance"... but does anyone ever take these cars off-road? The answer is no. They are too afraid to damage the bodywork or dirty their car etc. But we believe that this new car really does have unparalleled off-road capabilities. With its off-road tuned suspension, low end torque, automatic locking differential and relatively high 14" ride height, it is capable of driving on ANY solid surface with ease.

Engine & Transmission
For the first time, a Solstice car is not using a Solstice engine. We reached out to different companies, requesting that they make us an engines for our new concept vehicles and were surprised at how many different companies were willing to let us use their engines. In the end we went with a Halfix' "Turbo 400 Eco", a crossplane, bi-turbocharged 6.5L V8. After a little bit of tuning, it puts out 401 HP @ 4900 RPM and 532 ft-lb @ 2200 RPM and still maintains a reasonable 23.1 MPG (UK), which is more or less perfect for this vehicle (so, thanks to willempjuh2000 for this amazing engine!).
When you buy this car, you will have the option of either an 8-speed automatic or a 5-speed manual with overdrive. The 8-speed of course for those of us who seek luxury over performance, and the 5-speed manual for those of us who really want to connect with their car. All models are also AWD with selectable drive axles.

Chassis
The chassis on this car is rather simple (apart from the fancy purple active sport springs), but is extremely strong. The body sits on a monocoque, corrosion resistant steel chassis. The engine is placed in the front longitudinally, the front suspension uses McPherson Struts and the rear uses generic leaf springs. The panels on the car are also made out of corrosion resistant steel, however the main attraction on the chassis are the carbon ceramic brakes, which fully eliminate any brake fade and provide excellent braking performance, despite the car's weight.

Body & Interior
The styling on this car is far different to anything else Solstice has ever created, and skews far away from the usual Solstice design. It also uses lots of chrome, something we don't plan to use much longer on the rest of our lineup. On the front and on the rear you will find that there are plastic bumpers that are not fully a part of the body, these are here to stop damage to the rest of the car and are cheap and easily replaceable. You can buy them in body colours or in regular black. One very unique feature on the car is the use of side exhausts on the front quarterpanels, and due to the exhaust being so close to the engine it makes a phenomenal sound at high revs with the bypass valves enabled. With that said, there is a button in the cabin on the center console to switch between two exhaust modes; "comfort" and "sport". Sport will enable the bypass valves, comfort will keep them shut.
The interior of the car can honestly be compared to heaven. Using what we have learned over the years with our other luxury cars, we have created the ultimate luxury experience. Everything in the cabin is made of high quality material, and everywhere you look you will find plush leather, real wood trim or carbon. There are many options to choose from when it comes to the interior. To name a few, you have the choice of sporty (yet still luxurious) bucket seats or heavily padded memory leather seats. You can have a sport-inspired alcantara steering wheel or a multi-function leather wheel with phone and stereo controls. You also have the choice of a high end surround sound system made by Solstice, or the finest Harman Kardon sound system that money can buy. The choices are endless. With Solstice, there is always something for everyone.
Also, we did not forget about safety. The car uses state of the art safety features such as side airbags, effective crumple zones etc. Although, the car has yet to be officially tested. As well as being incredibly safe, it is very easy to drive despite weighing a lot and using a rather simple suspension setup.
However all of this luxury comes at a cost... the total weight of the car is around 5700lb and the MSRP of the base model is expected to be around £90000 or more.
For now, that is all. Stay tuned for more concept cars...
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:16 am

Pink shocks?
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:11 am

Yes, guaranteed to give extra powah.
<<

titleguy1

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: None right now.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:00 am

I must say, it's quite a... Classic design ;D

I like it, though! It's quite expensive but I'm sure all the rich mothers will buy it.
Rennen Automotive
Historic Collection
Rennen. Perfection in Performance.™
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:09 am

It's inspired by the G-Class and the Land Rover Defenders, and yes, it's expensive but it's still cheaper than a G-Class! :lol:
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 am

I really like what you did with the side vents there, I might have to steal that idea ;)
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:11 am

What, the "exhausts"?
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:20 am

No, I mean the vent with the indicator through it. It reminds me of the Subaru BRZ. Although, are the side exhausts a mod by any chance?
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:22 am

Ah, yeah feel free to use the indicator vents, it's not like I've trademarked them :lol:
As for the exhausts, they're just vents with indicators in them. It hides the orange lens.
<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:24 am

ignor
Last edited by Microwave on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum