FAQ  •  Login

Normandy - Tastefully Refined Genocide

<<

CNSpots1

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Re: Normandy: Inspired By Tomorrow.

What exactly do you smoke/drink before you write your descriptions? They're great. :lol:

I really like the Jerico as well.
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:56 pm

The lower half of the rear of the scion reminds me of the R8, but not that much come to think of it!

Edit: I freaking hate typos.
Last edited by strop on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Jakgoe

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL,
1994 Mercedes-Benz S600

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:57 am

strop wrote:The lower half of the rear of the scion reminds me of the R8, but not that much cone to think of it!

Really? Is it that black shape that goes up on the sides? I see it as purely Corvette-inspired. It will be interesting to see how VosNox designed it.
World #1 Ranked Automation Player!

Co-Owner of the World Rally Team

Smolensk Motors Showroom

Smolensk Tuning

We will continue the Epic Rap Battles of Automation.
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:07 am

@ NCSSpots1: It usually takes me about 4 hours take each car. During that time, I start to sense the cars prose and personality. So, by the time the is actually done, the story is already written. Its just a matter of making it legible.

@ Strop: fuck if I know.

@ Jackgoe: I dunno.

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:17 am

Jakgoe wrote:
strop wrote:The lower half of the rear of the scion reminds me of the R8, but not that much cone to think of it!

Really? Is it that black shape that goes up on the sides? I see it as purely Corvette-inspired. It will be interesting to see how VosNox designed it.

That's actually pretty easy to do. Just take the grille with the rounded edges at the bottom and stretch it across the whole width of the car, then take an indent of the grille with the rounded edges on the top and turn it upside down, place it on top of the grille and put the exhausts below the indent and add some white indicators. Hope that helps :)

And i like the rear end of the Scion, good job VosNox :)
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:41 am

Jakgoe wrote:
strop wrote:The lower half of the rear of the scion reminds me of the R8, but not that much come to think of it!

Really? Is it that black shape that goes up on the sides?

Yeah, and only that. The rest, I agree, is rather C7!
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Back in 1967 Normandy Automotive was much more... wholesome than it is now. There were no drunks, no ex-Soviet or ex-Nazi scientists. There were no child-labor disputes and no illegal genetic tests in the basement. There was The CEO's father, four men, and a tool shop. The world was in a bad way back then. Wars popped up left and right and humanity was hell bent on tearing itself apart. "There's gotta be something I can do..." Daddy thought. "...But, what can a lowly little car company to help this world?" He sat as his old wooden desk, put his face in his hands and thought. Six months later, calls were made and contracts written up. He figured if people were mobile and able to work, they would spend their time making things instead of war. This was the birth of the Espera.

Espera is the Portuguese word for hope.

Hope, it seems, isn't always a brilliant and incandescent light that envelopes a persons being. Nor is it an ethereal force that pulls the world through the heavens. Sometimes. It's a hastily built, hardy metal box, on four 10 inch wheels. Normandy created the Espera to be easy to build and easy to fix, so easy to fix in fact, that with merely five tools, one could replace *anything* that wasn't welded. The tools were a screwdriver, three different ratchets and a hammer. All of which, were included in a little leather satchel in the trunk.

So they designed the car, and got the rights to build it in a number of factories around the world. The total construction cost for the Espera was $2798.85. It was sold for as much as could be offered by the people who needed it most. Normandy suffered massive losses with the Espera, but it made waves in the automotive world and gave a chance at life to millions.

The Espera came equipped with 95 HP Cast Iron 2.0L 2 valve DA-OHC i4, with a 2-barrel carb. It revs all four standard gears up to 5000 RPMS to a top speed of 100 MPH.
Attachments
Read Out.PNG
Read Out.PNG (476.47 KiB) Viewed 7110 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.4 MiB) Viewed 7110 times

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:16 pm

What a tale of inspiration... Now I wonder where it all began to change so much!
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:00 am

With our recent, and let's face it, embarrassing losses in the now world famous Barely Street Legal League, Normandy decided to take it's sweet time and butter up our fans and clean up the company's more than likely, soured image. While one-off engineering feats and hyper-cars are amazing, million dollar racing cars, do not, a successful car company make. That said, we looked back at the successes of the automotive world to draw inspiration. In the mid '90's the Import Tuner scene had exploded, with Japan holding the plunger. Companies like Toyota, Honda and Mitsubishi had a firm and unshakable grip on the notion of sports cars. Not only were these vehicles relatively fuel-efficient for the power they provided, they could also out maneuver any American made vehicle with no effort. In that vein, Normandy proudly presents its' newest entry in the realm of mass produced sports cars.

The first in a series of upcoming sports cars. The N1.

The base "L" sub-series (LE and LS) is powered by a very fuel-efficient AT4. An i4 producing 142 HP to either a 4-speed Auto or 5-speed Manual FWD gearbox. Both retail at roughly $9500.

For only an extra $500, the Turbo charged "L" sub-series (The LSX and LEX) increases the power from 142 to 200HP. Increasing the power also adds a spoiler to the rear and our brand new T-Top, as well as some addition creature comforts.

*Interesting side note: The LEX became something of an underground legend among tuner fans shortly after its release. Online forums and magazines often referred to it as a "LEX" (on word) Saying things like "And there's Ron Jeremy in his Normandy LEX."

The "G" performance sub-series (GT, GT-R, and GS), comes with our battle proven XGP i6, giving your right foot access to a face melting 300 HP. This engine comes bolted to a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic RWD or AWD, gearbox. Added vents, wider wheel arches, bigger rims and breaks, tighter suspension, lower ride height, fog-lights, front-splitter and a badass sound system are all yours for $14000. Yes, it comes with the T-Top.

The "N" racing sub-series (NTX, NTX-R, NSX, NTV-X, and NTV-XR) is the bleeding edge of street-legal racing machines. With an extremely powerful turbo-charged 450 HP, XGP i6 engine, coupled with the same optional RWD or AWD gearboxes as stated above, along with our brand new Sequential 6-speed system. Yes. It comes with the T-Top. All of the soul-sheering power can piss off your local PD for a mere $16000.
Attachments
N1 Sport.PNG
N1 Sport.PNG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 7075 times
N1 Base.PNG
N1 Base.PNG (868.37 KiB) Viewed 7075 times

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:08 pm

There are rules in the automotive world. Just with every other form of production and enterprise, one cannot be too.... specific with their products. Yes, one can sell to either women or men specifically, but one cannot sell to a specific sub-genre of either in too direct a manner. Selling to a specific race, creed, nationality, or color is extremely frowned upon, if not explicitly forbidden. But we, at Normandy, don't much care. We know there exists a group of people who value style and visual representation above logic. They value the way an object makes them appear to others. In that vein, Normandy proudly presents the Patriach.

With its' 4.0 L v8 engine producing 303 HP to a 6-speed automatic RWD gearbox and a damn decent 23 MPG. $30,000 is fair-bit below what this vehicle would cost if it were to be made available to other... specific markets.

Other notable features include:
An pristine luxury interior trimmed with leather, wood and imitation gold accents.
A sound system that violates OSHA standards in a three-block-radius.
Electric Multi-Directional seat adjustments for every seat.
Seat heating and air-conditioning
A HUD that can be enabled with the option to dim the lights on the dash.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (1.07 MiB) Viewed 7025 times

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:55 pm

It's for a preview.
Attachments
Evanescente.jpg
Evanescente.jpg (151.27 KiB) Viewed 6940 times

<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Looks like some kind of BMW...
<<

SuperSportNick

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2008 Chevy Impala SS

Post Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:45 pm

VosNox wrote:It's for a preview.

Where is it!
Lead Representative of Public Relations @ Aeroline.
Company thread: Aeroline & Aeroline Luxury Designs
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 am

I'll post the car when I get home.

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Here at Normandy Automotive, we strive go do the impossible. Utilizing improbable means and war-crime levels of slave labor... Anyway, the boys at the skunk works have been toiling through the near year looking to create something new. Up on an eastern wall, in the darkest level of the dungeon, past The Wrack and behind the Iron Maiden, there sits a large wooden wheel. To this wheel, is bolted the person who failed. Failed at what, you ask? Anything really. Arriving to work late? Wheel. Dropping a box of expensive equipment? Oh boy, wheel. Sneezing in my general direction? God damn right you get the wheel. Pressed firmly against the edge of this wheel is an '18 inch rim bolt to a ZF1 engine. This engine revs to 9500 RPMS. The wheel does as well. As such, when the time comes, the engine is fired-up, set to full burn and the wheel is spun. At the wheel, several crossbow darts are fired. Which ever bolt sticks determines our next model. Unfortunately, this time it was a bolt labeled "Luxury."

The difficulty is... Normandy really doesn't do... Luxury. It's more or less beneath us. Here, we believe that if you don't cross the line in excess of *at least* 300 MPH, side ways and on fire, than you have failed at life. Noone should be that comfortable operating something that weighs two tons, goes like hell and is powered by explosions. You should be in constant fear that your death could come at any minute by the loosely fitted bolts on a Normandy vehicle. But, when offered the chance to make something that slaps Mercedes dingy, unwashed frying pan-grey and quite frankly, extremely pompous ass, we totally jumped on that shit.

Here we have the Syla. Syla, translated from Ukrainian, means Force. This is not a luxury car. This is tastefully refined genocide. You sit in seats made of dead cows, hold a steering wheel made of dead trees, and drive with the power of dead dinosaurs. As standard, the Syla comes with a 5.0L Flat Plane V8, producing 617HP. You can choose between a 6-speed Manual, or 7-speed Automatic RWD gearbox. Allt this for 61,000 Pounds.

for 62,000, The N version comes with an AWD gearbox.

Wait till you see the N Black Edition.
Attachments
Syla.PNG
Syla.PNG (1.47 MiB) Viewed 6804 times

PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum