FAQ  •  Login

Normandy - Tastefully Refined Genocide

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 1983 Chevy S10 2.8

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:46 am

Re: Normandy: Tastefully Refined Genocide (Alexa)

utopian201 wrote:stats?

280 Hp i6

First Gen / Second Gen / Next Gen
Current holder the Automation land speed record @ 447.9 MPH
<<

utopian201

Naturally Aspirated

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 am

i meant everything else like drivability, sportiness, 0-100, cost, weight, servicing costs, engine stats etc.
Aurora Motor Company: Nothing Comes Close | Youtube ads: Aurora Manticore - "Dyno"
Auto magazine plus directories - list your car in the appropriate directory to be considered for a magazine cover/article.
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:07 am

utopian201 wrote:i meant everything else like drivability, sportiness, 0-100, cost, weight, servicing costs, engine stats etc.

Those stats really aren't all that important to Normandy's stories, but since you care so much...
D: 62.6
S: 48.2
0-62: 5.8
W: 3101.8 lbs
SC: $3048.92 per Year
ES: 3.0L Aluminum DOHC 16V N/A DI V6: Titanium and LW internals, Compression @ 10.8:1, CP 55, VVL P 75, VVT,
FM 13.5:1, IT 70, 7k RPM, Tubular Exhaust, Higflow Cat, Reverse flow Muffler

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:14 am

So it's 1997 and you've just graduated high school. Good for you. Your parents promised you that if you could pull of a least a 3.0 average and make $10k through various jobs, they'd split the difference and buy you a car. Now, being that they hate the Japanese and Germans for what they're parents went through in WW2, and because they just don't trust those shifty eyed Brits, it narrows down your choices to American made cars. But, let's face it. They know you're an idiot, and will likely throw it into a ditch as fast as humanly possible so they don't want anything expensive. If you're anything like your dad (which, let's face it, much to your chagrin, you totally are) they're not gonna hook you up with anything fast because they know your car motto happens to be "O - jail in a big fuckin' hurry!".

So, after much deliberation and infighting, you and the parental units come to an accord. You settle on a Normandy Cafe'. The most feminine named vehicle in human history. But worry not, my good man, because Normandy understands your plight.
Yes, the Cafe' is girly, but god dammit, it's fun, and it has more options than then item list of World of Warcraft.

All models come with a High definition head unit with a Multi disk CD changer, 6 speakers, power steering, 4-wheel disk brakes, 4-wheel independent suspension ABS, and A/C as standard.

If you want an 4-speed Automatic gearbox, add an additional $1500.
Aluminum wheels? $300
Higher piston brakes? $150
Radio with an aux port and Ipod charger? $200
Sat Radio/Nav? $400
Various trunk options range from $10, to $50
Ashtray? $5
Front splitter? $100
Optional power outlets? $30
Fog lights? $45
"Sporty" carpet mats? $25

As for the the trim options, We'll start at the cheapest and work our way up.

The LE comes with a 1.7 SOHC 16V 2-Barrel Carb Cast Iron i4, producing 101 HP to a 5-speed manual gearbox, with Top speed of 113, a 0 - 62 of 8.5, and a Fuel Economy 24.3 MPG
Retails at $10k

The LS comes with a 1.8 SOHC 16V 2-Barrel Carb Cast Iron i4, producing 117 HP to a 5-speed manual gearbox, with Top speed of 123, a 0 - 62 of 8.5, and a Fuel Economy 23.8 MPG
Retails at $12k

The LT comes with a 1.8 DOHC 16V 2-Barrel Carb Cast Iron i4, producing 132 HP to a 5-speed manual gearbox, with Top speed of 128, a 0 - 62 of 8.1, and a Fuel Economy 23.5 MPG
Retails at $13k

The RS comes with a 2.0 DOHC 16V ITBFI Aluminum Turbo Charged i4, producing 175 HP to a 5-speed manual gearbox, with Top speed of 142, a 0 - 62 of 8.0, and a Fuel Economy 18.7 MPG
Retails at $17k

The RT comes with a 3.0 DOHC 16V ITBFI Aluminum V6, producing 250 HP to a 5-speed manual gearbox, with Top speed of 155, a 0 - 62 of 5.6, and a Fuel Economy 17.3 MPG
Retails at $20k

The RS and RT models can be equipped with optional AWD for an additional $3,000.

Vehicle shown is the RT model without alloy wheels.
Attachments
Cafe.JPG
Cafe.JPG (148.76 KiB) Viewed 8956 times

<<

RedRiot

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1991 Mercedes-Benz 200E

Post Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:40 am

Re: Normandy: Tastefully Refined Genocide [Cafe']

Some cool designs here, I especially love the Uprora. The front end looks awesome.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:44 am

I approve of your Rhode island reference, very relevant to my interests. :) the café now... Carbs in the late 90's just sounds wrong, especially with CAFE.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:52 pm

In 1975, Normandy wanted a piece of Mexico's automotive market and, as such, released a little diddy called the "Real", which of course is Spanish for Royal. It's a two-door, RWD econobox. The engine in the Real was a a 3.0L DOHC DCOE Tripple Carb, v6 producing 140 HP. With a 0 - 62 of 8.0 seconds and a top speed of 130. The 5-Speed was sold for $6k, and the 3-Speed auto for $7. The car sold it great numbers across Mexico. The kicker however, was that by opening the intake and exhaust headers and tweaking the compression, the power could be nearly doubled to an amazing 260 HP, which was a problem.

The Real developed quite a following in underground circles as being a drug-runner. The vehicle was sold, from the factory, with a fiber-glass body, double wishbone suspension, four wheel disc brakes and a limited-slip diff. The Real weighed a total of 2300 lbs, which was nearly half the weight of the standard Chevy Caprice police cars in service in the US at the time. With a little work, a 5.7L chevy small block could be wedged into the engine bay. So the Real was often used to outrun the police and run drugs into the US and back before they would be caught. The Real was quickly classified as contraband by the US government and any vehicles captured were quickly destroyed.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (154.81 KiB) Viewed 9184 times

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Re: Normandy Automotive - Gone But Not Forgotten.

Due to unforeseen circumstances (Re: My ex and I breaking up) I will have to put Normandy on hold for, as far as I can tell, forever. She's kicking me out with no money and nowhere to go. And so, I go to ford a new path into the unknown. It has been fun. This group of people has been a very bright star in an otherwise endless, pitch black, night. If and when I return I hope to see a lot of great progress to the game.

With best regards and a lot of love,
Shawn Dane AKA VosNox

<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Normandy Automotive - Gone But Not Forgotten

Stay gold and catch you on the flip side.
<<

DoctorNarfy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: My Chevy Cavalier is gone. I am Carless.

Post Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:35 am

I wish you all the best mate.

Cheers.
"Wisdom is a circle, what you receive, you must give back." -Vert Wheeler
<<

Diax1324

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Volkswagen Baja Beetle, several Type 2 buses (including a dropgate truck) Ford Fusion

Post Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:39 pm

:c Sorry to hear that man. There's always light at the end of the tunnel.
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:43 am

Well well... Here we are again.

Congratulations. You've just been laid-off. Well... Fired, technically, but you and I both know you're going to type "Laid off" on your resume. So why are we here? Because you thought Insider Trading would be a good idea. Why did you think that? Because you're the CEO of a multi-billion dollar automotive conglomerate, and as such, you think your shit smells wonderful. So guess what? There goes your job, your 401K, and your benefits, along With the loss of your job: that blond-bombshell of a wife of yours took her 26 year-old self and your three kids back to Jersey. Along with half of your cash, the house, and the dog. So now what? What do you do when life pulls the rug from under you? When your dreams are dashed upon the jagged rocks of reality?

You could drown your sorrows in 20-year old call girls and cheap scotch or, you could get the fuck up, comb your greasy hair, shave that shit off your face, and move on. You could limp your broken dreams and wounded ego down to Normandy and drive off in a brand new FireBird.

Unless otherwise specified, all versions come with Satellite Navigation, 10 Speaker premium sound system, WiFi and a 5 year comprehensive warranty.

ST: 4.0L Direct Injection 32V V8 Producing 400HP to a 6-Speed RWD Gearbox (Automatic Only).
17 MPG / 0 - 62: 5.0 / Top Speed: Electronically Limited to 150 MPH
Retails at $33K

GT: 4.5L Direct Injection 32V V8 Producing 450HP to a 6-speed RWD Gearbox (Manual and Automatic available).
15 MPG / 0 - 62: 4.2 / Top Speed: Electronically Limited to 155 MPH
Optional Sunroof, Cruise Control, Adjustable Suspension and Gearbox, and tow hitch.
Retails at $37K before add-ons

GTS: 5.0L Direct Injection 32V V8 Producing 500 HP to a 6-Speed RWD Gearbox (Manual and Automatic Available).
Everything Stated Above.
14 MPG / 0 - 62: 3.5 / Top Speed: Electronically Limited to 170 MPH
Retails at $40K before add-ons

GTR: 5.0L Direct Injection 32V V8 Producing 600 HP to a 6-Speed RWD Gearbox (Manual, Automatic, and Sequential Available).
14 MPG / 0 - 62: 3.5 / Top Speed: Electronically Limited to 185 MPH
Everything stated above plus: Optional AWD Package: Tighter Suspension, Optional Aero Kit, including a Wing and Front Lip.
Retails at $42K before add-ons

GTX: 5.0L Direct Injection 32V V8 Producing 600 HP to a 6-Speed RWD Gearbox (Manual, Automatic, and Sequential Available).
14 MPG / 0 - 62: 3.5 / Top Speed: Electronically Limited to 185 MPH
Everything stated above plus lightweight, carbon fiber frame, aluminum body, lighter weight internals
Retails at $55K before add-ons

NTX: Twin Turbo 5.0L DI 32V V8 @ 1111 HP to a 7-speed Sequential AWD Gearbox
13 MPG / 0 - 62: 2.5 / Top Speed: 220+ MPH
Carbon Fiber frame and Body, Aero Kit, Racing Suspension, racing tires, Carbon Fiber wheels, Carbon Ceramic Brakes
Retails at $150K.
Attachments
FireBird.JPG
FireBird.JPG (114.39 KiB) Viewed 8991 times

<<

Microwave

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Korean 2 Litre DOHC Brap Machine

Post Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:32 pm

Re: Normandy Automotive - From The Ashes

I see you haven't lost your great sense of style. Good to see you back.
<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:22 am

Re: Normandy - Tastefully Refined Genocide

Back in the 70's, Normandy tried to crack into the Muscle Car market with the Kodiak; an unnecessarily large, v8 platypus that failed in every measurable way. Yet, while it was a technical failure in that it hadn't reached predicted sales, it did find its way into the public consciousnesses all the same. The thing about Normandy's vehicles is this ... they may fail, and usually in a big way, but when they do, they tend to fail up. Their experimental vehicles tend to have a huge cult following. So, when the CEO turned up in the underground tournament, in a 50 year old shit box that he'd mutilated into something more ... people took notice. People remembered the Kodiak. They remembered that their grand parents had one. They remembered it being on TV. Shortly after, the cult following erupted all over itself and demanded a modern version be made. As such, I present the 2016, Normandy Kodiak.

It comes in 4 variants. ST, GT, GTS, and XT. The GT and GTS versions come with Pushrod suspension, electric diffs and engines ranging from 5.5L to 6.0L respectively. You'll get the options for a sunroof or convertible, 6-speed manual, or 7-speed automatic gearboxes.

The 5.5 gives you 500 HP and 400 Tq, while the GTS gives you 600 HP and 450 Tq.

The GTS also comes equipped with a big blue button on the center dash, just below the infotainment system, called "The 70's Button". When pressed, the pushrod suspension looses up, the brakes get softer, the power steering disengages, in fact, every bodily advancement automotive science has made just up and outs. So you get all that horse power, with absolutely zero control. Just as God intended.

The XT is the Race model. It comes with a carbon fibre chassis and skin, spolier and lip, and a 6.0L Twin turbo charged V8 producing 1000 HP and 750 Tq bolted to a 7-speed double clutch AWD flappy paddle gearbox. It has zero interior trim, one seat, no dashboard other than a what is necessary to hold the gauge cluster. This vehicle also comes with the 70's button. Why? Because Normandy, that's why.

Yes, the XT is street legal. No, you can't buy one without a special permit from your local DOT.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (910.68 KiB) Viewed 8930 times

<<

VosNox

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:22 am

Re: Normandy - Tastefully Refined Genocide

In 1990 Normandy decided it wanted another crack at the Muscle market. But it didn't have anything ready, except the Wolverine. So it took stock of the current offerings and discovered that Chevy and Ford were the only ones left in the game. And their offerings were slim, with Chevy offering hastily built hatchbacks and Ford, with a supped up cop car and a dying horse. With this intel, the boys in the basement were tasked with creating an American Muscle car. Now ... Here's where it gets tricky. You see, American's are very picky about what they call a "muscle car", after all, they invented it. Most muscle cars exist primarily in a "point-and-squirt" fashion, designed to perform in a very short, very straight line, and to hell with how fast you can round a corner. But Normandy doesn't play that game. If we build a car, we build it right. So, how do you design a car that's not made for a market, to sell in said market? By lying your happy fucking skull off.

The Wolverine was designed primarily for track day racing events. With its' most expensive variant, the GTR, having lowered and tightened 4-wheel independent suspension, a Limited Slip Diff, 4-wheel vented Discs, and optional AWD. All of this, combined with its 5.7L V8 and a professional driver, let the Wolverine lap Nordschleife in 8 minutes dead. So how do you wrap this an American friendly package? You could disable the AWD, remove the LSD, and replace the suspension with something lighter and softer or... You could just take off the transfer box and leave everything else alone. And that's what Normandy did. Add to that, a 2nd gear start system for the automatic version, some rave reviews from Car and Driver, and a few appearances in "buddy cop" movies, and you have a recipe for success.

As an aside, in a few of the "making of" documentaries that followed the production of the most famous movie "Second Son", the Driver for the Wolverine said he had to "try really hard to look like he was driving like a jack ass, as the car wouldn't let him do it on his own. It was too planted. To stable."

So in short, Normandy took a track-bred monster, took off one part, and added a button and sold it as a completely different machine. The Wolverine took the throne as Normandys first success in the Muscle car market.
Attachments
Wolverine.JPG
Wolverine.JPG (129.08 KiB) Viewed 8896 times

PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum