Camoria Automotive: The Best Isn't Good Enough

<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:22 pm

Re: Camoria Automotive: The Best Isn't Good Enough

I think the front end looks very much like a Mercedes A class, but that kind of hard to avoid when using this bodyshell, i got the same problem on the new Mantis :D
But still, nicely done! And as always, your presentation is way more refined than mine, i'm too lazy to write presentations like that on every car i make because i make so many cars (even when i don't share them on my thread).
<<

jhd1124

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2000 Mercury Grand Marquis GS

Post Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:33 am

Oh wow, I didn't even see that! I wish there were a feature that beeped an alarm every time you make a car that looks too much like another :D . I don't think they sell A-Classes in the US, so perhaps it will start a new market of luxury hatches here. Oh well, I'll probably do another one of these. Thanks for recognizing all the text as well. I wasn't sure many, if any, actually looked at it, so it's reassuring to know that it is appreciated.

Everyone here rocks so much for all of the nice things they say. This is really a fantastic community!
<<

jhd1124

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:20 am

WOW!

We've just hit 10,000 views on this thread. Thank you all for your devotion and interest into my passion. This is really special for me, and I'd like to celebrate in some sort of way. For the immediate future, expect a compilation of all of Camoria's greatest automotive feats. A lot of people have helped to make this a thread what it is, and I would like to thank them:
Jakgoe
CNSpots1
Leonardo9613
Utopian201
Strop
Pleb
The devs
Wizzythaman
That is just a small list of people who have helped. I will make sure to edit it as I realize other people.

I am looking forward to the future of Camoria Automotive.

Here's to another 10000,
Jacob
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:41 am

Congratulations on reaching this milestone! I think this is the first car company to reach 10.000 views, and you deserve it! You are creative and innovative, even if some of your cars aren't to my personal taste. Still, what really makes your thread stand out is how clean and organized every single car presentation is, you go into detail on how you made the designs (which i should do too but i'm too lazy, but that's the difference) and that's very satisfying for car nerds like us.
<<

jhd1124

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:23 am

10,000 View Video Celebration

Enjoy the video compilation of some of Camoria' greatest design achievements over the course of it's existence.

Also, enjoy a sneak peak at the new Phase-V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO67qb7 ... e=youtu.be
<<

jhd1124

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:37 am

Camoria Phase-V

Design:

Front Fascia:
This car takes a dramatic leap forward into the future of automotive design. These elegant headlamps do contain some conventional qualities; there are two traditional headlamps. But, what really sets this car apart are the striking light beams surrounding it. The span almost the entire height of the front of the car. They center around a tasteful, if not understated, grille. The front fascia is mostly designed to bring the most attention to the headlamps. Camoria's Artists took a big leap when they put this together. This type of bold initiative cannot be found in Ford or Mercedes or Toyota design studios. Camoria is the one the brings the design innovation.

Side Profile:
The side of the car is left rather understated. The subtlety of this car makes it perfect for the mid-segment market. This car has just enough boldness to it to standout, but it is still refined enough so as not to draw unwanted attention to the driver. This is what the side profile does best. It keeps up with the Camoria standard of Unity and Flow with its door handles, but, other than that, the side is kept simple.

Rear Profile:
The rear of this car went through several iterations before coming to the design you see here today. Initially, the taillights were kept small. Then, they grew to enormous proportions extending almost all the way down the rear of the car. Now, thanks to some refining and consultation from our engineering partners Smolensk, the 3rd and, in our opinion, best version will be put into production. The taillights are small but distinct, a theme throughout the car. Given that the model shown is the G version, it features two exhaust tips. Notice that they are not the chrome ones. This is to emphasize the pure glory of engine power. This car is not trying to make up for performance or style. The theme of refinement is most present in the exhausts.

Stats:

Engine:
Powered by Camoria
<<

CNSpots1

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:10 pm

..I'm a bit confused by that engine. 400 horsepower from a 6.7 DOHC V8?.. That seems a bit...Low. Think you may want to bring your compression up MASSIVELY. It would seriously improve not only your power, but your economy. This is 2015! You should be running 87 Octane Regular Unleaded at the least, not Bacon Grease. :mrgreen:
<<

YugoSpy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2005 Saab 9-3

Post Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:33 pm

CNSpots1 wrote:(...) You should be running 87 Octane Regular Unleaded at the least, not Bacon Grease. :mrgreen:

LOL!

On topic: you can get a bit more power by increasing the redline for the engine. Power seems to get cut off.
Name of Car Company: Kungliga Automobilfabriken AB.
Owner of company: YugoSpy.
Website or Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10069
Established in 1945.
Company ID: N/A.
<<

jhd1124

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks for the help. My normal engine provider is taking a break, so that left me to design it, which normally leads to a lot of fires. I'll try and fix it but I must say I'm feeling rather lazy and would rather have someone else do it for me :D .
<<

NormanVauxhall

Assistant Lead Beta Tester
Assistant Lead Beta Tester

Cars: 2002 Mazda Mx-5 1.6l NBFL
2008 Toyota Prius
1971 Fiat 500 L

Post Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:06 pm

Why don't ask to Znopresk to design an engine for Camoria? ;)

If you are intrested, send me a PM with the parameters requested
ŽM-Automobili Group
Born by the fusion of Blue Marlin Motori Auto and Žnoprešk Avto in 1972.
BMMS Dolphine Mk.II and Žnoprešk Zest (1974)
Žnoprešk Z217 (1963)
Žnoprešk Zap! (1981)
<<

AlternateSteve90

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: A 2000 Ford Expedition.

Post Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:27 am

Hmm.....I was just browsing the forums on a whim last week when I thought of Camoria-one of my first favorite of the community-created car companies. I really do hope this company gets revived sometime, as I love the history behind it and there's lots of potential still there, IMO..... 8-)
<<

jhd1124

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:36 am

1980 Camoria Phase-V

Thank you for checking out Camoria Automotive's first release after a year of hiatus. We hope that you will enjoy what we have to offer. An official post about the cars released at the New York Auto Show will be put out in the following days, but, for now, we have a new (old?) car for you to check out.

Sedan Design:

Front Fascia:
The front of the car features a grille design we hinted at during the NYIAS. We had mentioned that the grille comes from our rallying days. This car, the 1980 Phase-V, which replaced the Model5 (from the original Camoria line-up) was the first to have this design. The distinctive notch is the same width as the bonnet strip which directs the viewer's eyes to the center of the car. Four Sealed-Beam headlights make the car seem lower and wide, despite being fairly narrow in comparison to some of our larger models. All of the features are a distinctive dark-gray plastic, which accents the body fairly well.

Side Profile:
In the Base, Sport, and Rallye editions of the car, the side comes accented with gray-plastic Venti-Ports along the side. The door handles, also gray-plastic, follow the natural crisp line which travels from the rear of the car to the front. Their position meets up with the center of the Venti-Ports.

Rear Fascia:
The rear of the car is one of the cleanest, minimalist design we've put forward. A strip of chrome (one of the very few chrome trim pieces on the entire car) stretches from the badge and serves as a cut-off point for the taillights. The taillights themselves are placed on the upper-half of a non-functional gray-plastic vent. These taillights were painstakingly put in place over the course of an hour to give it a fresh and certifiably 80s look. The base model comes standard with dual-exhaust tips on the right side of the car.

Stats:
The Base engine is a 132bhp Inline-4 made in-house.

1980 Camoria Phase-V RallyeWagon:

Front Fascia:
The front remains mostly the same, with exception to some louvres on the side of the bonnet strip.

Side Profile:

Rear Fascia:
The rear of the car sees some small improvements in terms of performance. The RallyeWagon comes with dual-exhausts on either side as well as a gray-plastic spoiler wrapping around the base of the rear windscreen.

Stats:
This beefier I4 is also made in-house

We're very happy to be back and we would like to thank all of the people who have dropped by over the years! We're excited to see what comes.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:58 am

Welcome back! It has been a long time, eh? :)

Why are so many people coming back to automation this month?
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

squidhead

Cars: BMW E34

Post Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:21 am

Nice... I think we should have a rally car comparison test, since I now know of 3 cars that are 80's road going rally weapons :)
<<

TurboJ

Cars: Alfa Romeo 75, Ford Puma

Post Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:45 am

Really nice work on the styling mate! The rotating animation is a nice touch too!

(BTW; if you're struggling with the design/tuning aspect of your engines, you can check out the video guides on my sig if you like)

J.S.C Automobili S.p.A - Exclusive sports cars since 1959
J.S.C Motori Speciali - My open-source performance engines
Patriot Motor Force - 'Murican Evolutionary muscle cars

My Engine Tuning Video Guides
PreviousNext

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum