The official AMW thread

<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Vw Golf 3 TDI

Post Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Re: The official AMW thread

Thank you for checking my thread out! The idea behind the CCU is that we use as little devices as possible while still providing the functions you need and want for everyday driving. And cars with the standard infotainment pack simply don't have cruise control or electric mirrors, because those features are, in my opinion, not necessary for everyday driving. Especially since AMW builds drivers' cars, that's why most of our cars come with a manual gearbox as standard and there's no such thing as front-wheel-drive.

I'm happy that people really seem to enjoy what I've done on the Tiger's taillights, at first I wasn't sure how they would be received because I tried something new. It turned out rather well though :D And the rest of the Mamba will follow either today or tomorrow, as soon as my time allows to make a chart of its stats and whatnot. :)
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:55 am

Before we get to the pictures of the new Mamba, here's some basic info on the car.
It is an entry level mid-engined sports car, with 2 seats, standard interior and basic infotainment. This means it gets the CCU like in standard infotainment packages, but without sunroof and with only 2 speakers instead of the usual 4.
There are 3 versions with 3 different engines, the 1.0, the 1.5 and the V6, all of which are naturally aspirated and make well over 100hp/l. Also, they all have an aluminium chassis and aluminium body panels (because Polymer is apparently no longer available). They have Double Wishbone suspension up front and Pushrod suspension on the rear end, making for awesome cornering performance and driving experience.

The 1.0 and 1.5 are both I4 engines. They get vented brake discs with 6 pistons front and 4 pistons rear, 205mm front tires and 225mm rear tires which by the way are medium compound road tires. The 1.0 gets 16 inch alloy rims, the 1.5 gets 17 inch alloys. Both of them have a fully clad undertray for better aerodynamics.
The V6 has a 2L V6 engine and carbon ceramic brake discs with 6 pistons front and 4 pistons rear. It gets 18 inch alloy rims on sports compound tires which are 225mm front and 245mm rear. It too has a fully clad undertray and the same interiour as the other 2 versions.

Everything else you want to know is shown in the stats chart under the pictures :D If you have any further questions, feel free to ask! Also, car magazines, if you want to feature this car PM me :)

<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:36 pm

A first preview of a car that "beats" the Viper at its very own game. What do you guys reckon this car costs? (Prepare your "Cereal guy" emotes, the spitting ones)

<<

Awildgermanappears

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: Nissan Note

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:42 pm

This car appears to be a formidable rival to my very own IMP C12S
2015-12-12_00005.jpg
IMP C12S Front
2015-12-12_00005.jpg (221.5 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
2015-12-12_00006.jpg
IMP C12S Side
2015-12-12_00006.jpg (237.05 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
2015-12-12_00008.jpg
IMP C12S Rear
2015-12-12_00008.jpg (263.55 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
IMP Automotive Empire:

IMP Automobilbau
Monolith Motors
LaVache Horseless Carriages
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Cars: Honda Civic VTI-S MY13

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:00 pm

Don't you hate it when the manifold and intakes peeks through the hood like that? Anything larger than a 7L v12 with that body and I'm having the same issue.

The costs to your factory depends largely on the size of the factory and how much of your production line you're intending to devote to it. Same goes for engineering and tooling costs, so it's a bit hard to guess at this stage.

But I daresay it's going to cost a heck of a lot less than my own FR hypercar, Daeva!
<<

Oskiinus

Cars: Not a car, but I own Arkus Classic Junior in black ;)

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:59 pm

strop wrote:Don't you hate it when the manifold and intakes peeks through the hood like that? Anything larger than a 7L v12 with that body and I'm having the same issue.

The costs to your factory depends largely on the size of the factory and how much of your production line you're intending to devote to it. Same goes for engineering and tooling costs, so it's a bit hard to guess at this stage.

But I daresay it's going to cost a heck of a lot less than my own FR hypercar, Daeva!

When my engine peeks through the hood I'm just putting an empty fixture or hood bump lol
CEO of Airborne Automotive, Airborne Motor Group and Co-CEO of it's sub-brands :D
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=5895 - Thread!
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:18 pm

Strop, the only difference is that this isn't even really tuned for maximum track performance. It is 1754kg of decadence, that's the best way I could describe it. Here's the price, first without mark-up, and then with a more realistic mark-up.

And here's how it looks:
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:25 am

phwoarrrr the rear end in particular looks awesome in black.

But what size factory are you using? The price is indeed very low... for story realism purposes I picked a tiny company so I have to use 'tiny' (and even then even that is not tiny enough), and compared to, say, a medium 2 company, my minimum price is about 60% higher as a result!
<<

TheTom

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:50 am

I'm at Medium 2 currently. Might change that up to at least Large 1 though. I still don't fully understand how this affects the way we should build cars though.
<<

Speedemon

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: A Birel Go Kart. I can't remember the full chassis name. 4-stroke, Honda GX160, makes around 5-hp (With limiter)

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:27 am

It kind of affects how you build your cars. When I change the settings, some things get changed like the amount of cars you can build in one day.
"I don't care how fat I am, I am getting in that car and I am going to win" -Speedemon
<<

strop

3-Star Beta Tester
3-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:30 am

It's hard to get a sense of it in sandbox as there's little in the way of consequence (and thus I see quite a few companies that have a somewhat skewed idea of what's realistic costs or not). But the mechanism is not yet complete anyway. What I'm doing (though this doesn't work for everybody), is I have a balance sheet with my projected costs which I add to or subtract from depending on what components I'm outsourcing, and it carries over from year to year depending on my assessment of sales. I'm trying to model my financial turnover around companies of similar magnitude (Pagani and Koenigsegg have between 4-5 dozen employees each, Koenigsegg has an annual turnover of 10-13 million Euro), plus sponsorship/investment. But that's easy for me because I only have one or at a stretch two production lines (the second of which had to be culled due to mounting maintenance demands). Once the tycoon part of the game's done, I'm sure the game will take all of that into account in its mechanics.
Previous

Return to Car Design Sharing Forum