FAQ  •  Login

Inline Designs - open source engines and consulting

<<

phale

Cars: None

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:31 am

Inline Designs - open source engines and consulting

Inline Designs is an American-based engineering company that provides engine design and consultation services for major automobile manufacturers. Here we conceptualize, design, and prototype engines for our clients to manufacture. As our name suggests, we specialize in inline engines and our “off-the-shelf” designs are all inlines. However, our experts offer consulting services for all types of engines. We strive to meet our customer needs without sacrificing efficiency, reliability, or affordability.

Services:
We specialize in efficient inline engines for practical cars
We also provide consultation for performance and racing engines
We are experienced with turbocharger applications

Our off-the-shelf designs will be freely available for download - please credit us for our work!
Last edited by phale on Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

phale

Post Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:52 am

Inline Designs I6-Transverse series

Powerful. Efficient. Smooth. Reliable. Compact. Cost-effective. The Inline Designs I6-Transverse series does it all with no compromises. Who says that an I6 can’t be mounted transversely? With 3 different engine sizes, the I6-Transverse series is suited for any engine bay from a subcompact city car to a beefy SUV. With only a marginal increase in production costs, the I6-Transverse series brings a whole new level of premium smoothness over a traditional I4.

The goal of every I6-Transverse engine is to produce close to or more than 100HP/Liter with over 30% efficiency. To achieve this, our 24-valve DOHC engines take advantage of VVL, VVT, and Direct Injection technology. All engines feature fast-spooling turbochargers with minimal turbo lag.

Each engine has Efficient and Efficient Sport variants. The Efficient variants are lower-revving, more efficient, and more cost-effective. The Efficient Sport variants are high-revving and produce beautiful, flat torque curves with maximum torque available from 2000 all the way to 7000RPM.

1.6L I6-Transverse

Here is the 1.6L engine mounted transversely in a compact 2.45m wheelbase:

2.0L I6-Transverse

2.4L I6-Transverse

Here is the 2.4L engine mounted transversely in a 2.6m wheelbase:

Engines will be available for download when the next stable update is released.
<<

phale

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:30 am

I6-Transverse Sport

Inline Designs has developed new Sport variants of the I6-Transverse series with premium performance in mind. This variant upgrades to 95 octane fuel, individual throttle bodies, and a liquid intercooler to push the performance to new heights. The 2.4L I6-Transverse Sport produces 316HP and is capable of accelerating a hot hatch from 0-62mph in 4.2 seconds. And it does all this while achieving an impressive 28% efficiency.

Sport variants of the 1.6L and 2.0L engines will also be available.

COMING SOON: Full-size I6 engines. 300-400+ horsepower. Over 30% efficiency.
<<

phale

Post Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Inline Designs I6-L series

The Inline Designs I6-L series is here. These full-size I6 engines are intended for use in utility vehicles, entry-luxury cars, and performance cars. Obviously they are designed to be mounted longitudinally, however the 3.0L can be squeezed in transversely in some SUVs and trucks. Unlike the cast-iron I6-Transverse series, the larger I6-L engines use AlSi blocks and heads for reduced weight.

Compared to the more common V6 and V8 engines used in these applications, the I6-L series can produce similar performance with far greater efficiency, and lower cost and weight. Their long length is much less of an issue when mounted longitudinally.

Since these engines are performance-oriented, only the Efficient Sport variants are shown here. The lower-revving Efficient variants will also be available.

Inline Designs has also prototyped Sport variants of each engine. The 4.0L I6-L Sport produces a monstrous 545HP with 29% efficiency:

Return to Engine Sharing Forum