Post Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 pm

Brighton Motors - Engines

Hi everyone,
I'm back after a bit of a hiatus. I've been a little diappointed with the lack of new car bodies to play with, although I'm certainly fine with it; I know the devs are working hard! So due to this, I decided to just start developing a few new engines.
In real life, I'm a fan of four cylinders, but whilst playing Automation, I'm always drawn to making V8s. Being that my company Brighton Motors is supposed to be inspired by GM (incase that wasn't obvious), I intend to cover a broad range of motor types and sizes. To that end, I've decided to start at the top and work my way down for Brighton's 2015/16 engine line-up. We begin the proceedings with the flagship DG7 range of 7Litre V8 engines, inspired by GM's LS7 of course.

Feedback and constructive criticism is much appreciated.
Enjoy!

Brighton Motors DG7 Series

DG7c
The DG7c is the base model 7L offering from Brighton Motors. Aimed at large pick up trucks where good low end torque and smooth delivery are paramount.

DG7b
The DG7b is the entry level performance option from Brighton's 7L series of engines. High power and torque output with smooth delivery from a relatively cheap package make this a great choice for performance oriented street vehicles.

DG7a
The DG7a, the Red Devil is the engine of choice for the performance enthusiast. A forged bottom end make this one very strong powerplant. The hypereutectic pistons give comparable performance to forged pistons, without the disadvantages. Having said that, Brighton does offer forged pistons upon request at a premium cost, however these are recommended for motorsport use only. The DG7a Red Devil is generally the recomended base for amateur motorsport enthusiasts looking for a good starting point for a quality weekend track and/or drag car.

Brighton Motors
Company ID: 1956984
Argus [a subsidiary of Brighton Motors]
Company ID: 1962388
Rigeli
Company ID: 2015114