FAQ  •  Login

Looking for an engine supplier (or several).

<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Civic

Someone stole my bike :c

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:19 am

Looking for an engine supplier (or several).

So, I'm currently making my own company as many have done, working on it's history at the moment.

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in supplying my company with their engines. I'm interested in tying in my companies history with other peoples.

So basically, a few rules for what I'm looking for:

- It needs to be an engine also used in one of your own cars. (Just because the connection would be nice)
- I need engines for cars made from 1948 through to 1964.
- My company is based in Austria, so it will be better if the engines come from within Europe if possible.
- The brand in this period produced luxury sports cars, so it's engines would want to fit that. (Think second rate Mercedes-Benz style)

So if anyone is interested in supplying engines let me know :D
Thank you!
"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does." - The great Murry Walker.

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198041832277/
<<

Mason148

Cars: 2002 VW Polo 1.4

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:42 am

Re: Looking for an engine supplier (or several).

Hi there. I'm new to the forums but have been playing automation for a couple of months now. I do quite like making engines and would like to make them for you if you want.
The only thing is is that my current computer is quite crap and therefore I have been holding out on making my car company until I get my new one which should be in about a weeks time. I can make engines but there will be none of my cars to go along with them.
<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:25 am

The main thing I wanted was to have a connection between mine and other peoples companies. So I'm not sure. Maybe, think up a basic idea of what you might have your company do, and what car it might make that I might purchase the engine from. Then sure, I'd be really happy to use one of yours :D But I'd want you to also use the engine in your line up when you do make a company if you can.

Having said that, maybe later when you make your company throw me a link and I'll look at your cars and ask if I can use the engine from it. Might be easier that way.
"Anything happens in Grand Prix racing, and it usually does." - The great Murry Walker.

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
<<

Mason148

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:39 am

I have already planned the company and its story from its creation in 1955 through to the present day. The company is coming just only when I have a computer capable of running automation well. If you want I can send you the timeline of my company and you can see if it matches up with yours.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 am

I haven't made any historic models for centauri with the open beta yet, but if you are interested in some big displacement torquey Americana in a De Tomaso Pantera, jenson interceptor, or Iso Grifo style mash up let me know.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:54 am

Mason148 wrote:I have already planned the company and its story from its creation in 1955 through to the present day. The company is coming just only when I have a computer capable of running automation well. If you want I can send you the timeline of my company and you can see if it matches up with yours.

:D That, would be fantastic! Where is your company based?

nialloftara wrote:I haven't made any historic models for centauri with the open beta yet, but if you are interested in some big displacement torquey Americana in a De Tomaso Pantera, jenson interceptor, or Iso Grifo style mash up let me know.

That sounds quite good actually, I think it would work in the context of using your design rather than actually buying the engines, maybe for a late 50's very early 60's car?

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:36 am

I also build big torque generating American V8s, but I'm looking to morph my company into more of an aftermarket tuning organization that occasionally pumps out a limited run sports vehicle. I started the company in 1969 in NJ, USA, but if you manage to extend your time frame I would be happy to build or tune sport motors. (I'm currently experimenting with big block SOHC technology in my Boss 432 motor) Since I don't really want to expand to a full car company in the sandbox mode of the game, I won't necessarily produce many cars that would share the motors I build or tune, however, I could be an outlet for you to sell your Austrian cars in the states using my engine technology so that the link would still exist.
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:39 am

Okay, I'll design some cars for the era with flexible engines, with a eye towards exporting. Out of curiosity did you have a body shell in mind, just so I don't go really overboard with displacement .
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

Mason148

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:49 am

:D That, would be fantastic! Where is your company based?

My company is based in England so it is European and I aim for it to be a prestigious brand similar to BMW Mercedes-Benz Audi and Jaguar. Do you still want a timeline and a plan of my company?
<<

KLinardo

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2013 Ford Mustang GT California Special
2010 Ford F-150 XLT

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:24 am

nialloftara wrote:Okay, I'll design some cars for the era with flexible engines, with a eye towards exporting. Out of curiosity did you have a body shell in mind, just so I don't go really overboard with displacement .

I've built reasonable V8 engines from 4.6L or 281 CI up to 7.5L or 460 CI. I can build smaller engines in the I4, I6,or V6 configurations and possibly even experiment with smaller displacements at high compression. I would just need you to tell me what you want out of each motor and I can go from there. You can give me displacement limits, size limits, octane restrictions and the like and I can work around what you want to see. You can even send me a base engine and I can optimize it. (As soon as I figure out how to work on engines shared on the forums that is)
Boss Motorsports
Company Thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7093
<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:42 pm

The problem with the American companies is that there is no real way to explain actually importing the engines in the 50's. I'm not sure it's really feasible. So the only way would be to use the design and build that, under license or something.
The main thing I want is that it's an engine already in use by your own company. I think in the context, maybe KLinardo's company isn't a good fit. However, I do have an idea where you can work on something special for me :D, I'll msg you about it , but I need to get the other cars/engines down pat first.

The brand is luxury/sport, so in generally, larger-ish bodies, so displacement is probably a good thing. Think 50's luxury/sports. I haven't actually made the cars, so I will happily work around the engine I can get :D

Mason148 wrote: My company is based in England so it is European and I aim for it to be a prestigious brand similar to BMW Mercedes-Benz Audi and Jaguar. Do you still want a timeline and a plan of my company?

That sounds like a really good fit. I'm not in a rush at all. But of course I would like to see your plans :D
Mainly I am interested (for the purposes of this thread) in the cars made between 45 and 64.

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:42 pm

LHE would be able to provide you with a limited run of engines for your 1964 model year.

(using outside reference, Ford both built their engines in other countrys for other manufactures, and had some exporting going on.)

With two engines available.

The X4-M64 Four Cylinder OHV is available in displacements of 1669cc and 1893cc with SAE Gross ratings ranging 54.3hp @ 4600rpm and up to 96.2hp @ 5000 with a minimum reliability of 43
and
The X8-M64 90 Degree V8 OHV is available in displacements of 3339cc and 3787cc with SAE Gross ratings ranging 108hp @ 4600rpm, and up to 191hp @ 5000 with a minimum reliability of 41

All LHE Engines feature a 5100rpm suggested redline for the 1964 production year.
ID: 1963886
<<

Absurdist

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:52 pm

The X8-M64 90 Degree V8 OHV from LHE seems like a very good fit for the '64 car. The car was not made in great numbers and was a commercial failure that ended the companies production of motor vehicles until it was privatized in the 90's. Probably looking at about 800-1000 units in terms of scale. In terms of power, ideally I'd be looking at 140ish, with an option on going lower, rather than much higher.

Also thank you for the history lesson :D

I'm on Steam!
Absurdistx
<<

YugoSpy

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2005 Saab 9-3

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:48 pm

Midgård Cars would be happy to provide engines for you. We're a Swedish car company that started production of our first car in 1951 (but the company itself was started in 1950) and all our engines can be viewed in the engine sharing forum with detailed information. All engines are used in at least one car built by us. Every engine also has a link to what car it's used in. viewtopic.php?f=34&t=5374
Name of Car Company: Kungliga Automobilfabriken AB.
Owner of company: YugoSpy.
Website or Forum thread: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10069
Established in 1945.
Company ID: N/A.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:54 pm

Here is the Vulcan family, once I have the time to build my early company cars these will be the base for my 50-60 small v8's capacity can scale from the 3 liter 185 to 4.4 liters in the 269 crate motor. color coded valve covers and air cleaners as follows, green as economy, black as mid range, red as sport, and orange as high end.
Attachments
293760_2015-07-08_00001.png
293760_2015-07-08_00001.png (271.79 KiB) Viewed 7074 times
nialloftara - Centauri Vulcan.zip
(104.49 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
Last edited by nialloftara on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CPV engines CPV cars
Next

Return to Engine Sharing Forum