FAQ  •  Login

Big Truck Torque V8

<<

Ryan

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: R56 Cooper S

Post Mon May 11, 2015 4:40 am

Big Truck Torque V8

After looking at the Mercedes-Benz M275 V12 (which will have a recreation attempted), I thought, "Why not try and do that with a V8?"

So, Newlands Motor Co. went to work and produced the M278, a 5.8l under-square twin turbo V8 with excellent reliability, responsiveness and a wide power band. :D

Perfect for any sports truck, but what happens for those who want more?

Presenting the BAJA Edition! Give any unsuspecting supercar owner a shock when you leave them breathing your tyre smoke after that drag from the lights.

When engineers have petrol running through their veins, they won't stop tinkering. "What would happen if there were no limits?"

Well, we put some on them - we can't build something no one can afford or ever finish building - and they produced this...

The BAJA Racing Truck V8!

Attachments
M278 - Baja RACE.lua
Ultimate fueled racing engine. Perfect for any trophy truck series. (but do credit me as the original producer).
(57.56 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
M278 - Baja Road.lua
Feel free to re-engineer or re-tune (but do credit me as the original producer).
(57.45 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
M278 - 58T.lua
Feel free to re-engineer or re-tune (but do credit me as the original producer).
(52.49 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Wed May 13, 2015 10:51 am

Re: Big Truck Torque V8

Nice work, but as these are truck motors, might I recomend designing them for regular fuel?

Something like this: More torque, much sooner in the RPM range, quieter, and less expensive to build and maintain.

ID: 1963886
<<

Ryan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Sat May 16, 2015 1:54 am

Good thinking. :D

I keep forgetting to use less than 95RON, but i'd like to think of them powering trucks/SUV's (mainly) to rival the X5M and Cayenne Turbo. I'll give them a tweak, but i'm aiming for good response, emissions (not as important outside Europe), lower weight and smoothness. But lower noise on the lower powered version would certainly improve it. :)
<<

Lordred

Cars: 1966 Sunbeam Alpine
1997 Ford Crown Victoria

Post Sat May 16, 2015 3:28 pm

Ryan wrote:Good thinking. :D

I keep forgetting to use less than 95RON, but i'd like to think of them powering trucks/SUV's (mainly) to rival the X5M and Cayenne Turbo. I'll give them a tweak, but i'm aiming for good response, emissions (not as important outside Europe), lower weight and smoothness. But lower noise on the lower powered version would certainly improve it. :)

I cannot vouch for your area, but engines of the 6-8 liter range are still used here for trucks and SUVs.

Though they are starting to fade off the very big engines.
ID: 1963886
<<

Ryan

Naturally Aspirated

Post Wed May 20, 2015 2:02 am

Yeah, the larger engines have all downsized. What was over five litre's in displacement - e.g. AMG and their 6.2 V8 - are around four litres with two turbo's strapped to them. This would be the largest displacement engine we would make. Aiming to compete with the likes of the aforementioned X5M and Cayenne Turbo, but the vehicle would provide more, like the Range Rover SVR. :)

Return to Engine Sharing Forum