FAQ  •  Login

Weiler motors take 2

<<

Rossriders

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Nothing yet, hopefully something reliable, and decent in the future.

Post Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:38 pm

Weiler motors take 2

Okay...lets try this whole engine sharing thing on my end again...and see if I don't screw up completely.

Although to be perfectly honest, life being life on my end, I've been more motivated to do other things, but I decided to just throw caution to wind and see what you all think about these engines.

Maybe it's Regular car reviews (specifically the GS500 'review' in spite of the toilet humor, yet partially because of it too), or me having been listening to cool boarders 2 a lot as well as Jet moto, and also seeing the Christmas Episode of Game Dungeon by Ross Scott for 2014, I decided to put together some snowmobile motors.

Why SOHC 4 valves per cylinder? Cause I was trying to go for simplicity on one end, although it could be said I'm better off with pushrods or direct acting camshafts.

When this is read by anyone else, I just might be working on that, if I'll ever get to posting it is a different story.

Carbs first because I wanted to see where I could go with it, but also since I was aiming for simplicity in one direction (again). After that we have mechanical fuel injection, and for now, single port electronic fuel injection.

When going from Mechanical to Electronic, was when I remembered to mess around with ignition timing and fuel air mixtures, and, I just might mess around them more, not to mention do some more snowmobile research, since I'm not sure if mufflers are even considered or can even be used on some of them.

Or even catalytic converters.

weilersnowmobileengine1.png
weilersnowmobileengine1.png (697.4 KiB) Viewed 2970 times

weilersnowmobileengine2.png
weilersnowmobileengine2.png (667.37 KiB) Viewed 2970 times

weilersnowmobileengine3.png
weilersnowmobileengine3.png (669.48 KiB) Viewed 2970 times

But yeah, some engine ideas that came to mind given a number of things, and...any thoughts?
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:49 am

Re: Weiler motors take 2

Those are some pretty high revving engine you have there, are they more bore or stroke heavy?

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
<<

Rossriders

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:17 pm

I've put a heavier emphasis on bore over stroke. Given past engine building experiences, when going for a displacement target, I go for bore over stroke to aim for durability, more so if it's a higher reving motor. A downside besides costs, is that I can't always get an ideal engine to 'fit' into a car depending on the platform and drivetrain configuration.
<<

np1993

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: used to own an 1986 Camaro

Post Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 pm

What kind of vehicles would these engines be propelling? Hot hatches?

CEO of Prato Motor Car Company - Company ID: 1946393
Supreme Overseer of Comrade Motors - Company ID: 1939003

http://www.automationhub.net/company-ca ... mpanyID=35
<<

Rossriders

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:38 pm

Well, thee motors are meant to propel snowmobiles. Again like I mentioned in my OP, was curious about trying to put together some snowmobile motors, so I put together a few versions together.

They could be used for hot-hatches too, I'd probably have to change them a bit but, we'll see.

Here's a few more, though this time they are OHVs...I'm waiting for when they can implement modern pushrods, cause that would be nice but, I still stuck with them.

snowmobilepushrod3.png
snowmobilepushrod3.png (670.04 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

snowmobilepushrod2.png
snowmobilepushrod2.png (672.8 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

snowmobilepushrod1.png
snowmobilepushrod1.png (683.83 KiB) Viewed 2909 times

Return to Engine Sharing Forum