FAQ  •  Login

LS327 Crate Short Block Motor

<<

iGuessJes

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 1998 Honda Accord LX-V6 (Suspension damage, possible frame damage)

Post Mon May 19, 2014 8:10 pm

LS327 Crate Short Block Motor

Hello, ladies and gentlemen. One of my good friends is always talking about how awesome his high-revving 327 motor is (threw it in his S10, cammed it, and did the whole exhaust).
So in an attempt to recreate his motor in the sim, I had to do some research. I came across the Chevy LS327 on their website.
So with a lot of the information in front of me, I decided to throw this one into automation, and tweak it a bit. The links with the information I got are as follows:

http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/ls327.html

This is where I got the main information from. Even though it's labeled as a 327, the game calculates it to 325 CI

http://youtu.be/i5UaTQuFzk8?t=3m14s

This is where I got the information to finish off the short block end of the deal

The rest is based on complete speculation and modification to fit peak power output. The peak RPMs are off a bit, but in the general vicinity.
The Cam profile, Fuel Mixture, and Ignition Timing might not be that of the block in real life, but those were the main components I fiddled with to get the right power peaks.
Feel free to input any suggestions for straightening out that torque curve, or adjustments to any of the aforementioned settings to create more of a realistic simulation of the engine!

Thanks in advance!
Attachments
LS327 SBRev0.lua
Chevy LS327 Short Block
(39.17 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
<<

07CobaltGirl

Queen of Track Building

Cars: Chevy Cobalt

Post Tue May 20, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: LS327 Crate Short Block Motor

Bore and stroke are not correct. SBC 327 is 4.00" bore and 3.25" stroke and has a 5.4L displacement. I see the Chevorlet site you used shows differently. It has been altered from the original for whatever reason, and is NOT a 327ci engine. It calculates to 325.0 correctly because it is not 326.9 due to incorrect dimensions. And is he really using a single 4bbl carb in 2014?? The 1960's originals were all single 4bbl (or double depending on application) carbs, but today you'd need better than that to make it work on the street. (fuel efficiency issues much?)

The zip file includes an original 1962 version of the SBC 327 (250hp though it is a tad short at only 244hp). Also included are 3 2014 versions of the 327. 1 is single 4bbl, 1 is TBI, and finally a true modern MPFI. I did not include a DI, as it would require extensive tuning to make it run in an older vehicle, which I assume the S10 is since it is apparently running a carb! Enjoy!
Attachments
SBC327-2014.zip
(33.46 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Tue May 20, 2014 10:42 pm

Re: LS327 Crate Short Block Motor

the "LS327" is a factory tuned 5300 vortec that makes 327hp, Chevy is just cashing in on a old name by calling it the LS327. Also for the 4bbl question on the site it says "intended for pre 1976 cars" so you can drop it in to a classic car and not have to rig a whole new wiring harness for the upgrade.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047

Return to Engine Sharing Forum