Centauri Industries

<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: 2006 Scion Xb

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:56 am

Centauri Industries

Starting this thread for my car company, I will be posting my engines and cars in a few hours. Centauri motors began in 1943,
I'll be doing my best to construct engines that evolve over several decades, starting with the 40's I'll try to build engines robust and affordable for the returning troops, in the 50's with the v8 as the rising king I'll try to keep the robustness with a healthy splash of street racing power gas was cheap and the emission tests not even a pipe dream yet. The golden 60's will see the 50's engines growing larger and evolving materials will boost power outputs but with lines of more affordable 6 cyliders emerging . the gas crisis of the 70's hit America hard and most companies suffered through with choked and nutered versions of their big block 60's engines running poorly on the newer weaker unleaded gas with very little efficiency and horrible emissions . Enter Centauri motors, armed with a head full of ideas will try to combat gas costs with smaller engines to stay competive against the waves of imports. Those smaller engines will ride the technology wave of the 80's, turbos, fuel injection and higher qualities along with the start of the smaller 4 cylinder sports cars. The 90's will see the end of many older American engine designs as finally the 20th century comes to a close, new engine lines will start with great increases in standard technology. The 2000's and 10's will see these new designs begin their own tuning and improvement cycles with a tendency to increase economy with every revision. This will be a automotive evolution that I'll try my best to keep historically accurate, the gaps between engine revisions will grow shorter as the decades progress to try and simulate the technology curve.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
"Centauri: The Stars Are Within Your Reach."
Centauri engines Centauri cars
CPV engines CPV cars
Company ID: 1943047
<<

NyanCatx3

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: MX-5 NB called "Mex" .. Project car which needs a lot of love , and new parts..

I'll drive it when i'm 18. :D

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:34 am

Re: Centauri Industries

Nice introduction !

Let's see what will come ;)
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:09 am

Things will be tight for a while as the company is just starting up, so to save costs the 3 offered engines will share a common bore and stroke to reduce tooling costs.
Era 1945
First engine is the basic 4 cylinder. The Hermes.

Second is the mid level 6 cylinder. The Atlas.

And lastly the v8, the mighty Titan.
Chief designer and CEO, Centauri motor works, Centauri Performance Vehicles (CPV)
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:48 am

After 5 years these engines are up for a revision.

The Hermes A2

Atlas A2

Titan A2

And special for the 1952 model you can request a special rpo coded engine, the Titan B series. Featuring a displacement stroked out to 5000cc's, high compression, "six pack" carb setup and premium fuel, this 250hp version can propel a 3500lb car through the quarter mile in the mid 16 second range when equipped with the option 4 speed.
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

RobtheFiend

Supercharged
Supercharged

Cars: Opel Astra -99 1.6 16

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:35 pm

Nice lineup. And exellent thinking on the identical bore/stroke, that is what the new engines Volvo had Porsche design for them featured.
4, 5 and 6 cyl engines with the same pistons, rods, cylinder lining and valvetrain.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:15 am

Third revision, now in the mid 50's, still the same 3 core engines with one high performance v8 option. Taking advantage of the forged internals now available we have managed to increase the service life, power, and economy across our entire engine lineup.

Hermes A3f

Atlas A3f now with direct ohc technology

Titan A3f

Titan B2f
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

SamSheepDoq

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:37 pm

I love how realistic your intro was! I felt like I was reading my history book. :P I can't even pick a favorite of all your engines, they were all so awesome. Keep up the great work bro! :D
Founder and Lead Engineer at Garza Automotive Company.
See our cars here: Garza Automotive Company.
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:14 am

Next update should be tonight, trying to figure out a set of early muscle car/pony car engines that fit with my company's ideas.
Edit: Might be slight delay as top gear will be on. :D
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:30 pm

Welcome to 1958 and big news From the engineering staff at Centauri's Advanced motor works shed. The aging Titan engine is no longer able to meet the performance demands of you our customers, and so this year we retire out workhorse v8 and usher in the two new and far more flexible lines to replace it, the small block Vulcans and the big block Aries. Before unveiling those however we are doing a final limited run of the high performance Titan B series as a send off in style to a faithful breed.

The Limited edition Titan B3f (with 1hp per cubic inch!)

And now the new V8 lineup from Centauri Motors

Vulcan Small Blocks (3.157" stroke)

and 364

Aries Big Blocks (3.52" stroke)

409 (revised, check later post)

And the 440
Last edited by nialloftara on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

JMTC

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: E30 323i, E28 535i, '86 944

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Really beautiful stuff, and much respect for keeping it real, so to speak. Keep it up!
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:01 am

More exciting news from the motor works shed! Due to our new higher powered engine lineup we are seeing more and more of our cars entering into competitive racing events. To show our support we are proud to introduce the first high performance limited run version of our new lineup, the 409 Daytona. Starting with the 1959 model year this engine will be factory backed in the coming Nascar Grand National season, and can be parked in your drive way now! See a dealer for availability.

409 daytona (revised, check later post)
Last edited by nialloftara on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:10 am

1960 Brings us the fourth generation of our Hermes and Atlas line both now flush with a sport version, and the Atlas gets a longer life, economy version as well.

Hermes A4f

The new sporty Hermes B1f

The Economy minded Atlas A4

Atlas A4f

And the new sporty Atlas B1f
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:14 am

As a note I've been uses these times as a kind of guide to check my engines out. http://www.caranddriver.com/features/ro ... ion-page-2 Currently in the car manager I can fit all the small blocks and the 350 + 382 big blocks into a car, the 1/4 mile times in a 3450lb car with 4 speed transmission and sport street tires are between 16.3 and 17.4. top speed is set at 119mph to better simulate the close gearing of the 3.96 and 4.11 gears used on tester models back then. The best times were with the limited Titan B3f which could cover the quarter in the mid 15 second range @ 98mph
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

nialloftara

Supercharged
Supercharged

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:13 pm

1961 Sees a new revision of our v8 line, the power levels of our competitors have been rising quickly and we are keeping ahead not only with updates of our original lineup we are now offering a small block b series and a big block b series, also new is our factory backed Grand National engine, an all new 427 Cammed v8.

Vulcan Line
264 A2f

304 A2f

304 B

327 A2f Our engineers put a lot of hours into this new version, over 60 more horsepower are now available

364 A2f

Aries Line
350 A2f

382 A2f

409 A2f (revised, check later post)

409 B (revised, check later post)

440 A2f

And our new factory race engine the 427 Camed
Last edited by nialloftara on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CPV engines CPV cars
<<

SamSheepDoq

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:42 pm

nialloftara wrote:As a note I've been uses these times as a kind of guide to check my engines out. http://www.caranddriver.com/features/ro ... ion-page-2 Currently in the car manager I can fit all the small blocks and the 350 + 382 big blocks into a car, the 1/4 mile times in a 3450lb car with 4 speed transmission and sport street tires are between 16.3 and 17.4. top speed is set at 119mph to better simulate the close gearing of the 3.96 and 4.11 gears used on tester models back then. The best times were with the limited Titan B3f which could cover the quarter in the mid 15 second range @ 98mph

Maybe try a higher top speed? Cars usually used one or more (usually one on a 4-Speed) overdrive gears for MPG and had an extremely high top speed because of it (maybe 200 MPH.?). I dunno. :P
Founder and Lead Engineer at Garza Automotive Company.
See our cars here: Garza Automotive Company.
Next

Return to Engine Sharing Forum