New Testers Needed

Moderator: zeussy

<<

steven2805

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:26 am

Re: New Testers Needed

Hey I would love to test and document Automation. I can also help out with accessibility giving tips and pointers on how to make your game more open to people who may not be able to see great.

I don't know a great deal about engines so would be relying a great deal on your in game guidance.

As far as hours are conserned am about 3 ~ 4 hours everyday :?

Kind Regards
Steven
<<

Devroh

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Alfa Romeo 156 GTA 3.2 V6

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:51 am

I also wanne be a tester of this demo.
I can put about 15 hours a week in the demo for testing.
<<

realize

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Nissan Primera

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:54 am

I would love to help, have a lot of free time in the next weeks.I dont know what Pivotal is but i think i should be able to give some feedback, have experience with engines through my study.
<<

Harm

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1979 MG B

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:22 am

I would love to help by testing the engine designer beta. Although my English is far from perfect (I'm Dutch) and my time is not endless (though I have time to test a bit every day), I would love to help you guys. I will be honest: I do not have any knowledge about programming, but I do know some bits about cars, so I can give feedback about how realistic it feels from a technical point of view, and I can give feedback about how easy it work and how my pc handles it.

I hope I can help you guys!
<<

DJ HI TEC

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: 1992 Buick Park Avenue Ultra, L67 Supercharged

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:52 am

I would do anything I can to help this game succeed! I have fairly powerful system and, well, quite a bit of free time. If you guys need the specs on my system, I will gladly send them to you. Also, I work in IT (and have been for some time) and I'm pretty knowledgeable about computers and software. I could easily put in ten hours a week or more with the amount of free time that I typically have. Finally, I'm very, very into cars and have good theoretical (and rapidly improving practical) knowledge of how they work. I have downright excessive amounts of experience with video games, and by now have a pretty good idea of what works in games and what doesn't, from a playability perspective. Allow me to state again: I would love to help with this game, I preordered on RocketHub and check the site pretty much daily. Please let me help!
<<

BiotecVirus

1-Star Beta Tester
1-Star Beta Tester

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:41 am

I would be happy to do testing for automation for a number of hours per week (as I would also enjoy doing the scenerios while testing them :)). The testing phase for another game I help develop (hl2wars) has gone very quiet I have much more free time which I am willing to use for helping to develop automation.
Last edited by BiotecVirus on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything Should Use Torx Screws
<<

treav0r

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Renault Laguna 2.0 LPG

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 am

sadly, i cant buy the game, paypal rejects direct debit :evil:
<<

1701adguru

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 2011 Scion tC (Current)
2004 Hyundai Tiburon V6 (Sold)
2001 Chevrolet Cavalier
(Rear Ended; Sold)

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:16 am

I'll be able to put about 4 hours or more a day to test (about 21-26 hours a week) and provide feedback, and I think I should test it mainly because of my knowledge of vehicle engines and automotive parts . I've also tested numerous other betas and in one, a feature I asked for was actually implemented that people liked. The best beta I've done well in was a game called Cities XL; I was accepted into the beta and was actually awarded a title because of the amount of bug reports I had made.

I've also made a few contributions to the engine spreadsheet as it stands already. (Mainly small but crucial things)

So many other good applications already though... :?
Last edited by 1701adguru on Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
<<

ellbristow

Naturally Aspirated

Cars: 2005 Citroen Xsara Picasso
(not a Bugatti, but I love it)

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:00 am

I would love to help with the beta testing phase. I have not yet pre-ordered but certainly intend to.

I have previously been on the beta testing team for a number of games, including:

Fallen Earth
Star Trek Online
Champions Online
League of Legends
Minecraft

For many of them I would post 10 - 15 bug reports each time I played.

I am a serious gamer and love to help with game development, and am also in the process of developing my own game at www.macrometro.com, so I understand the build process and can make informed and detailed bug reports.

I have been watching Automation for a long time and am excited to see the progress you have made. Detroit eat your heart out! :)
From the online PHP manual:
"Note that it is your responsibility to die() if necessary"
http://php.net/manual/en/function.set-error-handler.php
<<

isocuda

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: 1996 BMW 328is
1985 Suzuki Madura 1200

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:02 am

I'd like to test, During the racing season I'm usually working for a fairly successful race shop/team. Which we do spend a lot of time in the dyno, but also a lot of time using professional dyno simulation software. It's safe to say I've gotten things like the following out of my system by now "what if the intake runners were 2 feet long", "16 cylinder 1 liter race motor, I wonder", "what if we made the intercooler efficiency 438%" and other absurd things like a 3 liter one cylinder running on alcohol.... It's also safe to say I have a pretty big background in automotive.

I currently have large amounts of free time during the week. I'm comfortable on the computer for extended periods of time as well, which tends to be the case with other beta testing I've done in the past. If I notice something I tend to replicate it 3 or 4 times before documenting it. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to these things.

I'm not an expert programmer or anything of the sort but I tend to be overly detailed with written documentation, screenshots and FRAPS capturing if needed. (Edited and Rendered in SVP11 unless you prefer short clips in massive file sizes haha)
<<

oophus

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Ford Fiesta 1.6S Zetec.

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:16 am

I just preordered the game and would very much like to help you guys by testing it.

I am a 3D artist (using 3ds max, zbrush, UVlayout just to name a few software programs) so I guess I would be able to give some feedback on that as well, I also plan to add to the modding community once the game is live.

I've previously been a betatester for several games, including MMO's, FPS, and RTS tittles such as WoW, Battlefield, Age of Conan, Heroes of Newerth and Darkfall just to mention some of them. And I've got a fairly decent PC that should handle this game pretty well. i7, 12g ram and a geforce 560 gfx card.

I guess I will be able to clock around an hour or two a day.
Last edited by oophus on Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Snoman

Turbocharged
Turbocharged

Cars: Rx7 second gen
f150
ram 1500
64 nova

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:34 am

Please put my hat in the ring.

I can put 10-20 hours a week in depending on my work schedule

I know and under stand the amount of work and difficulty with beta testing and have the discipline to do the research of the hard to find info.

I have done beta testing for two different program's ( DVR network controls and wireless scanner software )at work and well to be honest I didn't really enjoy it but I really want to see this game succeed.

keep up the good work guys
<<

oppositelock

Silver Supporter
Silver Supporter

Cars: Scion FR-S

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:30 pm

I've preordered and I would also like to test. I don't have any experience testing games per se, but I have created a tuning spreadsheet for GT5 which I've spent over a year improving with feedback from the GT community, so I think I have a rough idea of the process. Here's the thread if anyone's interested:

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168122

I can most likely put in 2 hours per day.
<<

butterfly

Gold Supporter
Gold Supporter

Cars: 1967 Dodge Phoenix
1967 Dodge Polara ragtop

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:39 pm

You seem to have a heap of willing volunteers but if required I just got in about 10 pcs and a couple of servers that need to be built and we're waiting on more.
That's a damn long time surfing the web waiting for images to load and configuring the apps that could be put to better use :mrgreen:

But with some weird stuff happening here at work I can't guarantee that I will be super commited.
Δεν ελπίζω τίποτε. Δεν φοβούμαι τίποτε. Είμαι λεύτερος.
<<

Killrob

Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert
Developer - Lead Beta Tester/Producer/German Efficiency Expert

Cars: I owned a Twingo... totally bad-ass!

Post Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:11 pm

Update posted inside the OP :) Cheers guys!
PreviousNext

Return to News